Tonight Alive

Knuuudi

Hmmm... not sure. I think it's weird that a ton of bands aren't playing the full tour this year. Maybe they are cutting back or something. :(

I'm going to Scranton with a bunch of friends and my dad for Tonight Alive. There are a few other bands that I'll check out cause I'm going, but none that I'm really excited for, besides TA.

Kayla, any chance of you driving down the States and catching Warped in Seattle? Or is that still too far?

Hmmm... not sure. I think it's weird that a ton of bands aren't playing the full tour this year. Maybe they are cutting back or something. :(

I'm going to Scranton with a bunch of friends and my dad for Tonight Alive. There are a few other bands that I'll check out cause I'm going, but none that I'm really excited for, besides TA.

Kayla, any chance of you driving down the States and catching Warped in Seattle? Or is that still too far?

eeeeh it's about a 12 hour drive haha

i'd fly to vancouver and then drive if i had a. a licence b. someone to come with me, but alas i have neither

I don't have those two things either, so don't feel alone there. But I think everyone is shortening their tours. Fans of other bands have also been pointing it out (I Googled). Maybe it's just because the cost is getting higher than the money the tour is making. I can see why bands from outside North America would have shorter tours; they need to figure out how well their shows are going to sell before they do a longer tour. 

nobody tours my area like ever ever ever, warped was my only chance to see bands that i actually enjoy so i've been especially bummed that it doesn't come out here anymore

kid you not 95% of the bands i've seen play over the last few years, i had to travel for, and quite far

i'm travelling for the next two too ha

I don't have to travel incredibly far for shows. NYC is about an hour and a half drive for me, but I also go to Boston (4 hours) and Philly (2.5 hours) as often as I can and make a trip out of it if I can. :)

I've been talking to my dad about getting Warped tickets (our yearly trip to Warped Tour is slowly becoming a tradition), and I think at least two other friends are coming for Tonight Alive too. I'm really, really excited. After Paramore in May, I'm ready to just skip ahead to July.

if i drove to shows it would take me a few days hahahaha

closest i get is an hour flight to vancouver

or four and a half to toronto

went five to montreal once and i'm most likely going to LA for a gig this summer which is about four

if i had to pay for flights i would be even more screwed than i already am :P

• 1 month later...

I've been listening to this song on repeat for the past half hour...

Apparently, if you join their mailing list, you'll be getting a link to a free download of it sometime soon. :)

I love it so much. It has a completely different vibe from "Breakdown," and I'm only getting more excited about this album.

Have you gotten a download link yet? I don't think I've been sent anything.

And did anyone manage to get Warped tickets? Sammy Roenfeldt is touring with TA, so we're going to get some sweet pictures out of this tour. 

I like that it's a little bit more rock and less pop-punk. They did say that Breakdown isn't on the album and doesn't reflect the sound of it at all, so that's cool.

I haven't gotten a download link yet, but I'm waiting impatiently. It's also on the free Fearless Summer Sampler at Warped this year.

I haven't bought my tickets for Warped Tour yet, but I'll be going to Scranton. I was freaking out about not having gotten tickets yet, and then I looked up my purchase from last year, which was 8 days before the show, haha. I think I'll be okay (and watch... as I type this tickets will magically sell out). :P 

If I see Sammy, I'll definitely say hi and tell him we all love his photos.

Saw their set at Warped on Saturday. Really great band to watch live. Lots of energy. In the amphitheater the Domo stage and the Tilly's stage were actually set up right next to each other (which they always do whenever there's a WT in MV).  It's cool being able to just sit in the shade and watch bands one after the other with no waiting. :D Their set consisted of a lot of their heavier songs like Listening and Amelia. Their drummer is a badass and got a sweet solo to kick off the set.  :smile:  At one point Jenna asked the crowd how many people heard their music before and almost everyone raised their hands. And they also had a 2 hour line at their M&G tent. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Late posting this, but I saw them at Scranton Warped Tour. I went to both of their signings because they were the only reason I went this year, and their set was incredible! The crowd was pretty small compared to photos I'd seen from other dates, but they kicked butt nonetheless, and the people who were there were singing at the top of their lungs, so that made up for the lack of people.

At the end of the day, my friends and I headed over to their pre-order signing and I got to talk quite a bit to all of them. As I went down the line, I saw Jenna huddled over the photo I bought for them to sign, and then she looked up, showed me what she had done, and said "This is me and you," with the biggest smile on her face... I'm a Scorpio and she's a Gemini and we both wear necklaces with our signs' symbols on them (something we had talked about after one of their shows in April), so she drew this on my photo:

160si8o.jpg

She didn't have to do that, and I didn't ask. Nor was I even thinking about it... but she was. Have I ever mentioned how appreciative, sweet, and loving Tonight Alive is? I've never been more happy to support an up-and-coming band. :)

Next month for the new album! I'm so excited to hear it.

Lonely Girl has been stuck in my head ever since i heard it. We've actually recieved the album in our inbox at the magazine i'm working at but i've said i wanna wait and hear it when it comes out so someone else is reviewing it haha.

I'm hopefully gonna catch them 2 or 3 times in October. It's just ashame they tour the month after Paramore and money will be tight after forking out for that. 

• Like 2

Haha, that's probably for the best anyway, Ross. If you reviewed it, you would just write about how perfect it is and how much you love the band. Probably not very objective. :P

I'll be seeing them twice in October with You Me At Six, and they said they will be headlining around that same time, so I'm hoping to catch one or two more shows on that tour. I can't wait! TA right before my birthday and Paramore right after. I'm stoked about that.

• Like 2

I'm another person who loves Tonight Alive for many of the same reasons that I like Paramore - although I would never want to compare the two. They are their own people with their own sound. I've saved up my "summer holiday" to see TA six times on tour, straight after six Paramore dates. Don't tell my bank manager though!!! One of the advantages of standing out in a crowd as I do (!) is that bands remember you - it was a good feeling when Jenna stopped to chat after spotting me in the queue for their London show earlier in the year! The same happened at an in-store acoustic set and signing earlier in the year. If only I was as young and handsome as Ross! ;-)

• Like 1

Steve, I've heard many awesome things about you from Ross. Glad you're a TA fan as well! They're incredible both as a band and as people. I hope to get to Ross status soon, where someone can say, "Hi Jenna, I know Chriss..." and she'll yell back, "Everybody knows Chriss!!" haha. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight Alive are doing Track-By-Track commentaries of the new album on VEVO. Two songs every day until the release of the album in Australia. Here's "The Fire," my favorite off the album so far...

My top three right now are The Fire, Complexes, and Come Home. Great musicianship and also Jenna's vocals are killer! I love hearing vocalists' voices mature over the years. I'm really excited to hear some of these live next month (holy geez... it's September already!).

• Like 1