Why there isn't any competition?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not so much into that, That's just a cheap way for us to increase the membership numbers.

But in theory, the more members there are on a forum, the more activity there is. Unless most people that join a Paramore forum either don't like Paramore or something.

Another thing I noticed is that there are guests that view the forums as guests and look at whatever they want, then leave. Maybe if there were guest restrictions, it would make people more likely to join and post.

Again, these are all just ideas I'm throwing out there. I'm not saying everything will work, just trying to get people thinking of possibilities.

I know for the upcoming vBulletin 4.0 there will be some hook modifications for a sidebar that comes default with that update, which is basically an exact copy of Invision Power Services' sidebar, where people have statuses and people can view them on the sidebar, along with recent topics, popular topics, and a bunch of other additional addons for the sidebar, that always peak interest, especially for those who are into Facebook/Twitter updates. I know Invision Power Services has a very customizable system, but of course this board is running vBulletin, so I can't say how similar theirs will be when v4 is out, but I would assume somewhat similar. That may spike some sort of interest in being active. (Again, just throwing ideas out there. Add/tweak as you wish! Let's think of some good stuff together!)

Aye that also cost's a bomb though unless its free to update if you already have bought previous versions of the software?

Edit: I do like these idea's and wish i could do some of them.

I'll maybe ask the admin that if i offered money every month to help with the admin cost's then could i be made an admin. I just feel it would be healthy to have an active Admin.

Unless Jelsoft (the makers of vBulletin) are evil, I don't think they charge for updates haha. No forum software company does that I know of, and I work in the industry as a full time job, so I'm pretty sure the update won't cost anything. If you have a license for the software, you get the update, as long as your license is active.

But in theory, the more members there are on a forum, the more activity there is. Unless most people that join a Paramore forum either don't like Paramore or something.

Another thing I noticed is that there are guests that view the forums as guests and look at whatever they want, then leave. Maybe if there were guest restrictions, it would make people more likely to join and post.

Again, these are all just ideas I'm throwing out there. I'm not saying everything will work, just trying to get people thinking of possibilities.

I'd be happy with guest restrictions, as like you said, it would make them register and probably post.

That sounds like a good idea...but that'd be a pain.

There were forums where you had to register to see and I immediately though"Those bastards!" so I just went away from em'.

Please don't add yourself to em bastards :(

haha kidding, I'm neutral. I'm here anyway. Any idea is good, Let's get some change going on.

That sounds like a good idea...but that'd be a pain.

There were forums where you had to register to see and I immediately though"Those bastards!" so I just went away from em'.

Please don't add yourself to em bastards :(

haha kidding, I'm neutral. I'm here anyway. Any idea is good, Let's get some change going on.

If we did decide to do that, which I suppose we won't now, since the band views as guests most of the time, we wouldn't lock people out and force them to log in, we would just make the threads locked, so you can still look around the forum, just not view specific forums with the best content, so people would feel intrigued to register to view that extra good content and post about it. But like I said, we probably won't do that now, since the band views as guests and won't log in lol. But that's ok. I'm sure there are plenty of other good things we can come up with.

They need to learn to login haha they are ruining our activity plan! lol.

hahaha i dont think you get what i was saying.

and idk i just disagree with the whole block guests because some people dont like to post and they just like to read things and then if they do register and dont post it takes up space on the memberlist and people will complain because theres all these members that dont post.

tbh people should stop complaing about how boring it is and start doing something about it.

make more threads, talk about more interesting stuff. haha just sayin lol

totally agree Catie. They should do something or else limit their presence here. Which I'm sure some have done by now. Not everyone wants something new and I'm sure the many like it the way it is with the exception of a few. Either way the forum will comb itself out by means through the forum members...

yeah, i just think it's fine as is. i really don't see a problem with how it is now.

and i dont see why changing that would matter anyway. because it can go either ways

have them register and post or not post and if they dont people will just complain because members dont post

or they'll just not even come on the site anymore because they won't be bothered with registering.

fine as is.

the admins are aware of what people think. just because they don't post doesn't mean they don't know.

i think sometimes we don't give them the credit they deserve.... and i havn't in the past either

there doesn't need to be one on and posting all the time

what can the admins do that the mods cant?

we can basically do everything but update the software and register new members. (and if there NEEDS to be updated software then the admins can do it now, they ARE on enough just because they arnt on 24/7 like you or i)

us mods and run contests and do alot of other things also. i just dont think it's nessecary

ftr i know ash is trying to put together a new contest.

i dont mean to sound like a brat here btw. and it's nothing personal.

oh i know that thats not exactly what i mean.

im just saying the admins dont need to personally know members here. because it's very easy for you, chriss, or me to go to the admins (even if not thru pf, maybe thru twitter or something) and tell them things and the admins know what members want, they do.

i know whenever there is a problem Chriss tells either brent or ash pretty quickly and they get it fixed.

yeah true haha

i don't mean to make it sound like i have a problem with, i actually don't

but i've been motm for over two months now, and you were motm for how long? :P

i think it's a neat idea but at the same time if no one's making an effort to keep it up to date (ie every month as it implies) then what's really the point, right?