Zac Farro switches to Gretsch

The Drummer

http://www.gretschdrums.com/?fa=artistdetail&id=934

"Gretsch Drums proudly announce the addition of Zac Farro (Paramore) to their family! Paramore is currently touring Japan in support of the band's latest release, "brand new eyes" and will then be touring Australia and New Zealand. They will make their stateside return in late April and continue performing throughout the US. "

and I believe he is switching back to Zildjian's also.

Hm..

When I saw the Gretsch set in The Only Exception, I figured something was up. Touring in Europe with that set was one thing, but to play it in a video was very different. Any idea why he might've switched?

And if he switches to Zildjian cymbals, do you think he'll switch over to Zildjian sticks as well?

When I saw the Gretsch set in The Only Exception, I figured something was up. Touring in Europe with that set was one thing, but to play it in a video was very different. Any idea why he might've switched?

And if he switches to Zildjian cymbals, do you think he'll switch over to Zildjian sticks as well?

Yeah, The Only Exception video is how I found out about it.

No idea as to why he would switch to Gretsch.. I mean, he did use them in '06 and a little bit of '07.

Doubt he would use Zildjian sticks.

He'll probably stick with Pro-mark.. or maybe switch back to Vaters?

Maybe he played Gretsch overseas and he remembered how much he liked the sound? I thought his Truth set sounded awesome, but hey, if he likes Gretsch better, good for him. Hopefully they'll update their site soon with more info. I'd like to know which set he switched to.

I'm not so sure about Zildjian sticks though. He uses Pro-mark right now? As far as I know, Pro-mark doesn't make cymbals, so it should be ok for him to stay with Pro-mark sticks.

I actually like Pro-mark sticks better than Zildjian, and that makes sense. If Pro-mark only makes sticks, then that should be fine.

While we're talking about Zac's gear, does anybody know what snare heads he uses? I know they're Remo, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

Hopefully they'll update their site soon with more info. I'd like to know which set he switched to.

USA Customs most likely.

While we're talking about Zac's gear, does anybody know what snare heads he uses? I know they're Remo, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

Remo Emperor X.

100% sure on it

Always assumed Gretsch was for people that want an old fart, vintage-y sound (probably since I'm a guitarist and pretty much all their guitar designs are vintage based )

Guess I was wrong lol.

I was amused to see on that Live Journal thingy (which came up when I googled stuff about Zac switching to Gretsch, as I don't normally read those LJ things) was that all the kids kept saying "Sponsorship deal".

Goddamn idiots, it's called an ENDORSEMENT DEAL lol.

Hmmm wish there was more info as to why he switched.

Maybe he genuinely likes them, maybe he got a better deal, I have no idea.

It could have been wrong info, but I remember reading somewhere that Riot! was actually tracked with a Gretsch kit instead of a Truth.

Not that it matters a whole heap since you mostly hear David Bendeth's drum samples on there lol

• 3 months later...

^ I honestly don't even remember where I got that pic, most likely Flickr. I believe it's from one of the festivals they did in Australia last February.

As for a signature stick, I guess it's possible. My friend caught a drumstick at the Atlantic City show, and he has them premade with his name on them. These are the sticks he uses though: http://www.promark.com/products/view/txr2bw/

^ I honestly don't even remember where I got that pic, most likely Flickr. I believe it's from one of the festivals they did in Australia last February.

As for a signature stick, I guess it's possible. My friend caught a drumstick at the Atlantic City show, and he has them premade with his name on them. These are the sticks he uses though: http://www.promark.com/products/view/txr2bw/

too bad she got it over my mom. I WOULD LITERALLY DIE.

should've asked to trade my jeremy pic for it lmfao

• 1 month later...