Why I Love Paramore Even More Than Before...

yourenotsam

Well I wasn't quite sure where to put this so I just stuck it in off topic :P I thought some PFers might wan to hear this story, idk!

I have always been a huge Paramore fan, but recently I owe them a lot of happiness in my life. About two months ago I was set to go to the Bamboozle Roadshow with my friend Matt when he canceled last minute. I was just going to skip the concert (I've never been to one alone) and stay home, so I went home and got on AIM. My friend who I hadn't talked to in almost a year IMed me and he convinced me to go alone and I figured "ah what the hell, why not?" and headed to the show on my own.

That day I decided to wear my Paramore shirt, and it turned out to be such a great decision. Towards the end of the show, this cute blonde who I noticed looking over at me a lot during the show finally walked up to me and said simply "Hey, I like your shirt." We started talking about Paramore (she is a huge fan) and music and stuff and long story short I got her number. Since then almost every night we stayed up til at least 3am just talking/video chatting/IMing/texting. I took her out on a date within a few days to see Passion Pit and it was an incredible night, from then on I knew there was something special about this girl. :wub:

She is now my girlfriend and we are great together, in two months I've gotten so much closer to her than any other girl I've dated. The only downside to our relationship is that I go to school in Miami while she stays in New Jersey :crybad: ; in fact I just finished my trip down to Miami today and am already missing her so much. We've decided to try long distance and for once I think it might actually work, especially after we had such an amazing last night together (Paramore was involved of course!).

So idk what you guys will think but I thought you might want to hear how I met an incredible girl and had the best summer of my life all because of Paramore! :hug:

• Like 2

DO NOT put much stock in a long distance relationship, ever.

Those things work like, 5 per cent of the time. The odds are very much against you.

But heh, congrats.

But you should probably be aware that if you're dating a cute blond, pretty much every dude here is gonna wanna see a pic :wub:

Congratulations, man. Paramore, working miracles daily!

I have been to a concert alone, once, about 8 years ago. My friend was supposed to go with me, but he got majorly sick (read: started drinking far too early in the day) and couldn't make it. So I went anyway. It was kind of boring, actually, going alone.

I don't know if I'd want to do that again. If I had to, for Paramore, I would, but not for pretty much anyone else. I know my wife will go with me though.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like I'm the only person who goes to gigs alone regularly on here...

Anyway, echo all the previous sentiments, congratulations and good luck to you both! :D

Nah, I go alone sometimes too, not out of choice, but I'll still have heaps of fun anyway.

I find my female friends in particular are quite reluctant to go to extreme metal gigs (I don't hang out with metal chicks, despite being a metalhead, because unless they are actually musicians, they are almost always the most closed minded, complete fucking tools in existence)

• 1 year later...

DO NOT put much stock in a long distance relationship, ever.

Those things work like, 5 per cent of the time. The odds are very much against you.

But heh, congrats.

But you should probably be aware that if you're dating a cute blond, pretty much every dude here is gonna wanna see a pic wub.gif

well well well sir, we've beat the odds! :grin:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...