UK Riots

RenegadeRoss

Idiots have gone crazy over here and started ransacking shops, burning buildings, destroying homes etc. It's making it's way furhter north every time and im fearful of it coming near me. This is a disgrace and it's utterly appaling. They've targeted amazing music venues too.

I never thought i'd see anything like this. I thought this was all in the past all this kind of stuff. Our police are too soft as well.

We're all fucked.

Doesnt help our supposed "leader" was on holiday and only decided to come back today despite this going on since Friday night. What a fucking arsehole David Cameron is. Couldnt run a bath never mind a country. There's now riots in London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol.

This is truely awful.

I can't understand how people get like this. There is no logical excuse for what these people are doing. These are their hometowns, neighbors, and local businesses that they're destroying, not some far away country that they have problems with. Honestly, they're all just idiots who need an excuse to act like assholes and break things. I am legitimately scared for anyone I know in the UK.

Has the UK even sent in the army to control things? I remember seeing riot squads (with horses, dogs, shields, and automatic weapons just in case) when the Red Sox advanced to the World Series, and that was to prevent a bunch of dumb college kids from tipping over a car or two cause their team won a sporting event. Where are the people who should have been controlling these people so that it didn't get to this point?

I'm so afraid for my friends in the UK that I'm about to tell you all to just come to the US and stay at my house for a few weeks. :/

We've not sent in the army, just recruited more policeman. 16 Thousand were in London tonight to control these idiots but it's now expanded to Manchester as well. What is wrong with these people?

It's a disgrace. I never ever consider myself British and i always say im Scottish but this is the first time ive ever said "we" and "our" when concerning Scotland and England in the same sentence.

Some of these people are as young as 13 or 14 reportedly. Where the hell are their parents? They are destroing our country, destroying peoples livelyhoods, jobs, and destroing their own communities. For what? There are no logical reasons.

This country is a fucking joke.

Edit: It's escalated to Nottingham and Gloucester now. Police stations firebombed, shops ransacked. Our country must look ridiculous to the rest of the world.

Welcome to the UK everybody, this is how we deal with this. Back off and let them do whatever the fuck they want.

Like I think I've mentioned to a few of you, my neighbor's niece is here from London for a vacation. I haven't asked yet, but I seriously hope they're not planning on sending her back there right now.

This whole situation sucks. What sucks even more is that I can barely find anything about it on TV. Maybe I'm just not tuning in at the right time, but I think it's pretty dang important for people to know this is going on.

I saw a photo today of some idiots looting a store, and one guy checking out a new pair of Levi's he just stole. Yeah, look at you. You're a real badass stealing a $50 pair of jeans from the local clothing store. And even worse than that, he had a bandana over his face so he couldn't be identified. What a pussy! (Sorry for the language.) The people who think it's awesome to be a part of these riots are pathetic.

And honestly, we're not really looking at the UK criticizing you guys. We feel horrible about all of it. Though, I think it's time to send in the military now and give them permission to kick some ass. The rioters will get the message.

Though, I think it's time to send in the military now and give them permission to kick some ass. The rioters will get the message.

This!

If you can't find much on the TV, I'll post some statistics and news from our news here if you want?

Numbers of arrests made last night.

Manchester = 113

West Midlands = 109

Liverpool = 50

3 people were killed in a Hit and Run in Birmingham for protecting their neighbourhood.

2j4tszt.jpg

A store burnt down in Manchester.

2ni1jly.jpg

The Apple Store has a good idea to empty the store before rioting.

2zoz0bd.jpg

Looting a Poundland, which is just stupid, not to mention pointless.

157oqkm.jpg

It disgusts me how young that kid is. Society is wrong.

n1rl92.jpg

Some websites:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14472885

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/871926-liverpool-riots-merseyside-police-appeal-to-public-after-toxteth-unrest

http://news.sky.com/home/ - There's loads of news here inc. a gallery.

You'll find loads of stuff on them, I hope the links work.

The PM has made a speech, so you'll probably be able to see that somewhere.

It really gets me angry when people say "these are the young people of today", when that's not the majority of us. The majority of us are sat at home, home by 5 o'clock, because it's not safe to be out. The people causing destruction are doing it for "fun" and it seems the majority of them are chavs. It digusts me how they have no consideration whatsoever, and innocent people are the victims. The rioters are pathetic. Right now, I'm ashamed to be British.

I should probably add, I know i made the title of this thread "UK Riots" but it's actually not. IT's just cause i feel some of you may only know our country as the UK.

The news is pissing me off. The UK is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and so far it's only in England that there's riots. So i do stress that it's actually only "England Riots". Up here in Scotland we have a festival on where alot of musicians, comedians and acts come to play every year and people travel here to see it yet it's being reported that people are being told "not to travel to the UK". Piss off! There is nothing wrong in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland but nah that's fine. The news just tarnishes everyone with the same brush and calls it "UK riots".

I can stress right now if this happened over Scottish city's it would not be reported as "UK Riots".

Anyway, people (alot of young people actually) have all got together to help clean up every city in their various locations and that just shows not all young people are the kind of assholes that these people are. Sickens me how we all get tarnished with the same brush.

Edit: Haha, just after i wrote this i turned on the BBC news to find they've changed it to "England Riots"

I have to say, I'm happy to see people getting together to clean up London and other affected cities, but it's just heartbreaking and outraging to see all the shops on fire and the idiots ruining the cities. It's all the lower class citizens doing it, right? And they're not even doing it to avenge anything anymore, it's just for "fun"?

Thanks for the links, Rachel. I'm going to check them out when I get home from work later.

Ross, I, for one, definitely bundle all of the countries of the UK together for reference when talking to others, but I do know they're all separate (I'm trying sooo hard lately to switch from saying "British accents" to "English accents" cause I know that bothers some people, haha... obviously I don't bunch Scottish accents or even Irish accents in with "British" though). It's good to see that some news sources are finally specifying that it's just England because that's not good publicity for the rest of you.

I just saw that some girl on Twitter is bragging about how she stabbed a cop and how her boyfriend is setting buildings on fire.

People are sick.

I agree with Chriss. The military needs to be brought in.