'Paramore': April 9th

The thing with Josh is that he is a very controlling songwriter and always has been. They never straight up said it, but you could tell - not sure if you remember them (mainly Hayley and Taylor) talking about having to talk Josh into being okay with some of the more pop-punky songs on BNE or how "Take Me Back" was never going to be released because they and Josh couldn't agree on how it should sound. It's not a bad thing cause he is a killer songwriter, but I think they felt a little stifled creatively. Now that he's no longer in the picture, I think we're going to see a whole new side of them that they've been holding back for a very long time. As we've already learned from "Now," it's going to be different, but I'm really, really stoked for it.

I love it. But I can't buy/download it from Amazon it's us only ;( damnit! I want it legit on my computer!

What about buying it from the FBR Webstore? They have it for sale there as well, but I'm not sure if that's US only. I don't think it is though.

Anyone else having a problem preordering the album? It keeps giving me an error and now the webstore says my webstore account doesnt exist.

The site was overloaded, but I kept trying and eventually got it to work.

I don't believe in the whole " we have to change our sound otherwise we get boring " thing, for me it's just an excuse for bands and labels to go more popular. Usually when " they experiment with sounds " strangely they experiment with the sounds you hear everywhere in the radio...

U2 has had the same sound for I don't know 20 years and they're doing just fine  

Not necessarily. Even U2 have changed their sound from what they usually do. I find that Pop is completely different to what my expectations of U2 are. Artists change over time. They can't be forced to write something that the fans want if it doesn't feel right for them. Because then it's not Paramore. And even Paramore's albums alter in sound.The difference between Riot and BNE is pretty big. That's what I think anyway. they've sort of evolved with each album. And now is completely different in comparison to BNE.

But like you said, we should all keep an open mind till the album comes out.

I like the way Taylor's started getting credit for his songwriting, there's a lot more attention on him now. I think he sort of lived in Josh's shadow, and now we're allowed to see his talent.

• Like 1

I don't believe in the whole " we have to change our sound otherwise we get boring " thing, for me it's just an excuse for bands and labels to go more popular. Usually when " they experiment with sounds " strangely they experiment with the sounds you hear everywhere in the radio...

U2 has had the same sound for I don't know 20 years and they're doing just fine

I think changing is more of a natural process than anything else. I don't think it's a matter of having to change in order to not get boring, it's something that just happens naturally to everybody. People just tend to change through time, I can say it for myself that I'm definitely not the same person I used to be 4 or 5 years ago.

Some things remain the same, of course, but generally most of the things change, especially when it comes to this transition from being a teenager and turning into an adult. Changes can be impressively huge through this time. 

And that's how I perceive 'Now' - and this album for that matter - as a result from this process of changing they went through, from growing up, from having to live with a new band formation and all the stuff that have happened in the past years for them. I see it as a great and natural thing. 

If they kept making the same kind of music for much longer, I'd probably start feeling it like pretty artificial, sell out music, cuz they'd know that a certain type of song works in the market so they wouldn't be leaving their comfort zone. I love how they took risks trying new things, because nobody is able to remain exactly the same for so long. 

The site was overloaded, but I kept trying and eventually got it to work.

That's what I thought was the problem. I still haven't been able to order it. My boyfriend has been nice enough to get it for me for an early birthday present since the album is out April 9th and my birthday is the 5th.

I always kinda forget about this site, I usually hang out in the Finnish Paramore site these days and I made a huge analysis about "Now" so I'm just gonna sum it up short and sweet here: mixed feelings. Some parts I really like, some parts are just nah. I'm not a big fan of the rap intro nor the "This ain't it, this ain't it" part... But I love the bridge! But my mixed feelings are mostly based on the fact that the clip gave such a different impression of the song. To me, the clip reminded me of that Decode, Monster kinda feeling. So it was a big let down to find out it wasn't like that at all. But I do like the song, glad they're trying something different, and I am excited about the album!

I found this different version of Now where there was a slightly different scale degree - I totally prefer that version. Too bad the user deleted the video from YouTube but I'm glad I was fast enough to snatch it and have it on my cell. I think the original version just isn't as good as the differently mixed version I found.

Thoughts:

-A bit worried by the background vocal sounds of "now" in the chorus. Not that it's bad. I just would have preferred hearing Hayley say it in the foreground as well. But I'm just nitpicking at this point.

-Also a little worried about the lyrics for this album. I've always loved Paramore lyrics, but nothing really jumped out at me with this song (shoot me).

-Overall I love the song. The bass is awesome, and drums are awesome.

-It's a good addition to their catalog. It gives off a No Doubt vibe in the verses and I like that. It's just further rounding the band out more and showing how diverse they can be. I love that.

-Unsure about the album artwork. I like seeing artwork more so than a photo on the music I buy, but it's not like it doens't make sense. Paramore has never been on their album covers so I think I'm just not used to it. I think FBR definitely wants the band to be seen so people can put a face to the music (besides just hair color). It also makes it easier for new fans to recognize the album. So on a marketing front, it totally makes sense.

-Not a fan of Hayley's baby bangs. There. I said it. Again, shoot me. Also think that there's not enough room for 2 grizzly beards in the band. Pretty sure Jeremy held that title first, Taylor. Or groom it or something.

-17 songs will be amazing. Really looking forward to the interludes :D

-As much as I like that they are writing positive songs, I'll admit I get more easily drawn to an album on the melancholy songs. So hopefully this won't be a tough sell for me.

-Pre-ordered the album plus vinyl combo, but did not check the box to get put in the contest for all the amazing prizes. About to cry big man tears :( :( :(

I'm not usually big on lyrics, but I really like the ones in this song, which is funny cause a lot of people aren't as impressed. "Lost the battle. Win the war. Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore. Starting over. Head back in. There's a time and a place to die, but this ain't it." just kind of resonates with me cause I went through a lot last year, and I'm ready to pick up the pieces and get back in the game.

A lot of people don't like the way it was mixed, but I think that adds to the sound. I definitely think it was done specifically for this song and that the rest of the album will be much different.

Haha, Dustin, I don't think anyone's a fan of the baby bangs, and Taylor's trimmed his beard down since the promo shoot, which I'm glad about. I guess everyone has to experiment with their looks sometime. :P

Also, I'm glad you mentioned that preorder contest cause I also unchecked both of those boxes thinking "I already get emails and stuff from FBR"! BUT there is something mentioned on there that it's "no purchase" necessary, so you can send them an email saying you want to enter to win, and they'll enter you!  :willy_nilly:

If you would like to be entered into the Paramore Preorder Contest for a chance to win weekly prizes then you must select the box on your order confirmation page that says "Yes I'd like to be entered to win contests & giveaways." You can also enter by emailing giveaways@fueledbyramen.com with the phrase "Entry for Paramore Giveaway" in the subject line to be entered into the Sweepstakes. See the official rules

Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that people are upset that the chorus is simply "If there's a future we want it. Now." when we all really, really love that song with the chorus that goes "And we've got everybody singin'. Whoa."? lol

Thank you for that email address! I shall email it right away.

As for Whoa, I had the same reaction to Whoa. Still feel the same about it. I can see why everyone else likes it, but it's not as high ranking as other songs, to me, for the same reason as the chorus in "Now".

The lyrics for "Now" have been posted on paramore.net.

The reason why I like "Now" is not just because I can relate to the lyrics, but because the lyrics are so simple but yet manage to be very powerful. "If there's a future, we want it now" is this mantra; it's repeated over and over (in a catchy tune) to the point it gets stuck in your head. To the right people, it becomes sort of an anthem. 

• Like 1

to be honest, at first i didn't like Now that much overall. i completely fell in love with the bridge right away, but i wasn't that fond of the chorus. but by the fifth or sixth listen, it grew on me, and i found myself singing along. the whole song is just so catchy.

so all in all, i love Now now. (haha)

i'm at my 66th listen right now. it'd be at least 100 if i didn't work 10 hours a day. oh well haha.

slightly mixed feelings about now

it's a catchy as shit song (already has over 100 listens ha) and some of the lyrics do stand out to me, but to be honest, i think they're capable of better and i was expecting better considering how long they've been working on the album

that said i'm excited to see what else they've come up with and i've already pre-ordered

• Like 1

I'm reading from so many people that 'Now' has had to grow on them a bit but I'll have to say, from the second it started I thought WOW. There is something different in there definitely, which I can't properly pin-point, but it's a good different for me. They're still them, the 'old' Paramore sound (hate saying something like that!) is still there in my opinion. So stoked for the rest of the album now.

So is the album artwork for 'Paramore' definitely the shot of the three covered in powder/paint? It just seems too much like some sort of TBA shot websites post until the real artwork is released. That said, since they feel this album is simply 'them' it makes sense for their faces to actually be on it. I just need a name or something above them in that big blank black space cause otherwise it'll annoy me, haha! 

Ordered the limited bundle then realised I'd checked the wrong hoodie size so I've e-mailed them trying to change the order but what's the betting I have to cancel it then re-order and they'll be sold out...

I'm pretty excited to hear Hayley's vocals progress on this album cause, just from their updates during the recording process, it seems like she's gotten super comfortable with it and did sung pretty impressive stuff this time around.

I'm reading from so many people that 'Now' has had to grow on them a bit but I'll have to say, from the second it started I thought WOW.

Same here. I was getting kind of scared because I was waiting until the official release to listen to the song and some people loved it and some people were saying they would need to listen to it a bit more before they decided what they though, but when I finally listened, all I could think was "This is incredible!"

No deluxe album with a DVD included that we know of, just some box sets and bundles that are available here: http://www.paramore.net/preorder The super limited edition one already sold out - that had a book with photos they took during the recording process.