Hayley's Tattoos

hanijein

gallery_19919_899_39.jpg  gallery_19919_899_11406.jpg  gallery_19919_899_8049.jpg

gallery_19919_899_27646.jpg  gallery_19919_899_41045.jpg  gallery_19919_899_29356.jpg

gallery_19919_899_35160.jpg  gallery_19919_899_55951.jpg  gallery_19919_899_37675.jpg

SOURCE: http://paramorrehasmoved.tumblr.com/post/27062379625/patched-heart-hayley-hasnt-spoken-much-about

1. Patched heart: Hayley hasn’t spoken much about this tattoo other than to say that she got it while on tour with New Found Glory. “This is from a tour that I did,†she says, “our band wasn’t on it, but I just hung out. With New Found Glory, I mean all kinds of bands, a lot of my friends.†The artist Shauncey Fury who did these tattoo cleared this up in a comment in which he wrote: “I actually did the patched heart on Hayley. I was on that tour and we all just got a hurtin’ heart. The letters are HHT for hurtin’ hearts tour. The “M†is actually just a burst behind the right side of the heart.†Another commenter explained the origins of the phrase:“‘Hurtin’ hearts’ is a term Ian from NFG would say when people were being mean or rude to each other on the tour.â€
  2. Shave me: Hayley got a tattoo of a pink razor with a banner that says “Shave Me†because she rarely shaves while on tour. She told Spin, â€œOn the Warped Tour a few years ago, if I wore shorts or if I wore my pants rolled up, someone by the end of the day would have written ‘Shave me’ on my ankle. So I was like, ‘I’m going to have to get that tattooed so you guys won’t have to do it anymore.’
  3. Warped tour: Hayley got this tattoo in July 2009, shortly after Paramore played a surprise set at the Cleveland Warped Tour 2009 show.  Hayley writes that this tattoo represents â€œMy <3 for warped tour. (minus all the horrific bands on this year). 2 years ago in Cleveland we almost died in the storm on Warped!!! and our fans stuck around and waited for us for at least an hour. We went on anyways and played one of the most fun sets of the whole tour. So memorable. Then this year, we got to surprise Warped in Cleveland. The weather was perfect. I wanted something to remind me of some of my best Warped memories. No more “tour/bro†tats for me after that one!â€
  4. Cross: She has a tattoo of a solid black cross tattoo on the front of her right thigh. She got this tattoo in December 2010 while guitarist Taylor York got a tattoo on his arm. Hayley’s Christian faith is a big part of her life, and she says that got this tattoo because â€œMy faith is the only thing that never fails me.â€
  5. Heart on wrist: In December 2010, she and her best friend Dakotah Rae got matching tattoos on their wrists of a tiny outline of a heart. Represents their friendship. 
  6. Paramore bars logo: Explaining the design, Hayley says â€œwe just really wanted something simple that describes the three of us and the people around us.†The band drew a number of designs and decided on this one of a black rectangle with three white bars to represent the three band members. â€œIt’s so simple, it really couldn’t get any more simple, but that’s the point,†Hayley explains. This logo was then used as the cover for Paramore’s Singles 7″ box set and digital release, the band’s first release a three-piece unit.
  7. Flower side piece: In January 2012, got her largest tattoo to date. It is a sidepiece of flowers done in a brightly colored traditional style. Hayley says that the tattoo â€œrepresents me and my 2 sisters. Each unique and yet still growing together.†Hayley is the oldest child in her family and has two younger sisters Erica and McKayla.
  8. Accentuate the positive: This is the most recent tattoo is a quote on her left forearm which says “Accentuate the positive / Eliminate the negative.†It is written in capital letters in an uneven handwriting. These are lyrics from the 1944 song “Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive†written by Johnny Mercer.
  • Like 1

Thanks for putting this here Honey. I never knew about the patched heart tattoo. I did know about the rest. Thanks for describing them, though. I learned so much about her tattoos. I could've sworn that she had another tattoo on the same thigh as the cross but higher up and more to the outer side. I might be crazy though.

• 6 months later...