Paramore 5th Album Anticipation Thread

wusgood

Didn't see a thread so I thought "why not"

According to Hayley they're "almost home" (https://twitter.com/yelyahwilliams/status/738567906993274880)

Does this mean they're almost done writing or demoing (or maybe both)???

Who will produce???

What direction will they go with this one???

Either way I jus want some new music lol. And mods if I'm in the wrong sxn u can move it idc

Did some hardcore lurking and Hayely liked a fansites tweet asking if they're gonna record soon

Seeing how it took them about 7-8 months to record S/T (and possibly longer to mix and master) we may be in for a long summer fam :(

Hayley tweeted a pic today of her, T, JMJ and Zac... So it may be safe to assume that Zac may be doing drums for the record and JMJ is back producing. Really don't know how I feel about this. I love that Zac's potentially back, but I feel like with JMJ back producing it's gonna be the same record as S/T (which was awesome!) but I kinda want a different vibe with album no.5, that's jus me tho

I'd love to see Zac back playing drums! As for JMJ, I'm hoping that with his diverse musical background, it wouldn't be the same album twice. I recall them saying that he helped them find the sound they wanted without pushing them too hard to go to one style over another, so I'm crossing my fingers that'll be the case again. Not that I didn't like Self-Titled though. It was incredible!

hold up is zac actually back because i will cry

also it may just be me but i've always wanted a heavier record from them

like careful/ignorance/decode kind of stuff

that's what i was expecting from brand new eyes but the rest of the record wasn't like careful or ignorance much at all

I would be more than happy to see Zac back in Paramore. Of the two, he was the one I was sorry to see go.

Still a bit gutted about Jeremy's exit though. The music business can be really shady sometimes. I think that they're learning now that it doesn't matter if they all agree to be a band, as far as the management side of it is concerned, the only main focus is Hayley as she's the one with the contract. It's sad that it's broken their friendship. I expect that at fifteen they were a little naïve about it all.

I'm REALLY lookin' forward to new music from them. I find it strange just seeing Hayley & Taylor as a duo though, more so than I did seeing them as a trio. I'd love to see Hayley, Taylor & Jeremy make amends at some point. They've grown up together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been out a few months now. What are your thoughts on "After Laughter"? 

I personally love it though it took a few listens. I saw them on Tour One at the Royal Albert Hall and they were brilliant, yet again. I have tickets to see them at the O2 next year. :) it will be my fifth show. 

Favourites songs include:

26, Rose Colored Boy & Idle Worship (I'd like to see them perform the latter at some point)