OMGSHOWINOAKLAND 1/22/06

glorya

you'll be able to find the rest of the pictures i took and the 3 videos i got shortly. some pictures will be here. the rest/most of them will be on the picture page. please be patient.

wow my night was amazing. i really don't know where to begin. this is going to be a long ass post. i hope you guys don't mind. ok i'm going to add every single little mundane detail. you're going to hate me, but bare with me anyways. so like i didn't get to be a part of hayleys' online bday book thing, so i decided to make her a card of my own. i used regular white poster board. i folded it in half and made it look like a huge envelope with the paramore seal on one side, and for their stamp, i used a picture of the band and i put to hayley from me haha just like an envelope and i glued pictures of her and the band on the outside and drew some flowers on vines + made it pretty. on the inside i drew red curtains, a stage, big amps, and a banner saying 'Happy Belated 17th Birthday!'. then you know how when u were a kid you made pop up books with pop up thingys? i made pop up paramore abnd members on the stage! and then under that i wrote her a lil msg.

candid pic of cute little hayley holding my card

DSCF0007.jpg

so to the show.... the doors opened at four so i came a bit early and waited outside with my 2 friends liz and mick. i was holding the blated bday card i made hayley and i felt like a stupid loser cuz everyone was staring at it. it was quite large as you can see in the picture. anyways, so the doors opened. we went in. the venue was seriously really small. there was a bar, the stage, the merch, this like spiral staircase that lead to backstage, and some shitty gross bathrooms in the corner. my friends and i went in and decided to check out paramores' merch since bands wouldnt be playing for a nother half hour and kids were just milling about. i got a paramore hoodie [picture later] and we went to put our stuff down at our table [there were like a couple tables n chairs on the side of the room. then we sat down and i was just looking around. i looked at those spiral stairs and i see a guy coming down and walk past the bar to go to the bathroom. i realize it's josh. i started freaking out. i was like omg liz josh farro friking just went to take a piss!!!! [yeah my friends just kinda came along they're not in love like me] and i grabbed her and my camera and my card and i waited like a freaky stalker outside the bathroom. i kept my cool when he came out though.i was like hey josh and he was soo nice and cool and said hi to me. i asked him if hayley was around and he said he'd go get her. so i'm waiting with liz at the bottom of the stairs and hayley starts coming down the stairs. i was completely starstruck. she was so beautiful. and small. she's shorter than me! and i'm 5'2! she said hey and i introduced myself to her and gave her my card. she loved it. she opened it and was like omg this is soo cool. and she turned to josh and was like omg this is so neat look at this crap! haha she talks just like me. and then i asked for a picture with the both of them. they were REALLY nice kids.

josh,me,+hayley. can you tell i was stoked?

DSCF0006.jpg

then like the rest of the band eventually came down and other kids started talking to hayley and so i saw hunter+zac and asked for a pic with them. i duno where jeremy was-he was like walking around somewhere. zac is soo funny!

hunter+me+zac...i'm wearing the hoodie=D

DSCF0009.jpg

and then by this time, other kids in the room noticed paramore was in the building (all thanks to me + the fact that i recognized josh) and so other kids started coming to take pictures and stuff so i told josh i'd see them when they played after i took some more pics of the band. even though i really wanted to take a pic with the WHOLE band, i backed out. paramore eventually went back upstairs after the fans got their pics. bands started to play...

this is the hoodie they sold + i bought. i duno if you can tell but its like navyish blue, not black.

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

they were also selling all their shirts-you know on the merch page + their album. i didn't see any paramore buttons though.

okay fastforwards to the band that was scheduled to play right before paramore-the lashes. i told my friends we should probably go stand in the front now when the lashes were setting up so we don't have to fight our way through the crowd when paramore performs. so i was pretty much dead front and center right in front of the singers' mic. the signer of the lashes kept looking at me and smiling so i smiled back. i was kinda like in my head thinking....get on with it..i wana see paramore! so the lashes started playing haha and the singer kept patting my head. and then during their last song, he stuck his hand out to me! so i was like oh cool he wants to hold my hand!?!?!? so i stuck my hand out into his and then he pulled me on stage! it was crazy and then he put his mic down and we started dancing. it was hella fun. my friends were like omg. and then he twirled me around and picked me up,flipped me upside down, and put me back down. then the song ended and i jumped back down. hahaha that was soo random, but cool. i danced w/ the singer of the lashes! and that was their last song + their drummer threw his sticksout and i got one + s did the girl next to me. anyways i was too excited cuz PARAMORE was playing next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is ben the singer of the lashes

DSCF0012.jpg

wow paramore was amazing. as they were setting up, i kept taking pics. hayley even posed for me once[see below]. they were awesome everyone was singing along, josh played his guitar right in my ear a bunch of times it was soooo sweet. him and hayley would look at me from time to time =). i got great pictures. hayley even put her mic out to the crowd a couple of times. they played a new song that hayley said was guna be on their next album and i got really excited just knowing that theres' guna be another album. zac took the mic at one point to welcome hunter. i cheered like mad. and hayley said after they played, they would be hanging out at their merch stand so we should come hang with them.

hayley posing FOR ME when the band was setting up

DSCF0019.jpg

so after they finished my heart[amazing], i was concentrating on getting over the merch stand so i could hang w/ them. i didn't notice that zac had thrown out his 2 drumsticks and the chick next to me got one of them =(. this chick got the lashes drumstick too so she had both =(. oh well so i went over to the merch stand and they came over and i asked for a pic w/ the whole band. pretty sweet. i wanted to talk to them but amber pacific was playing so you couldn't really hear anything. ppl were taking pics with them and buying their album to get autographs and stuff. i didnt bring my album with me and the hoodie was too dark to sign. so lizzy and mixk said i should ask them to sign the back of my shirt cuz i was wearing a plain white tanktop. they signed the back and josh wrote paramore on it. it was soo awesome. and then i decided i should let other ppl take pics with them cuz i was lucky enough to meet them twice.

me + paramore + my shirt

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

k um, if you just wanted to read about my meeting paramore, that's pretty much it. it was sooo awesome. but if you want to know what happened right before i left, read on....[nothing about paramore]

mkay so me and my friends were about to leave when i see the singer of the lashes sitting at his merch table text msging on his phone and drinking a beer. i turned to liz and said i should get a pic with him...you know since we danced and all haha. and so i came up to the table and he looked up, smiled, and said hey. i asked for a pic with him and he said to come back in 5. i come back in 5 and tap him on the shoulder. he's like yea ok lets take that pic. and then i reached into my pocket to get my camera and he accidently hits me, and my camera falls on the ground. and breaks. i was sooo embarassed, but he was really nice about it. he was like omg i am soooo sorry i totally broke my camera. and i was like don't even worry about it. it's a piece of crap and the memory card is call i care about. all the pics are on that. he was like im soooo sorry though. do i need to give you money? andi was like it's fine don't worry. and i told liz to take a pic of us on her camera. and she did and i thot that was guna be all, but then after she took the picture, he picked me up! for another picture!. the sucky thing was u can't tell in the pic that hes picking me up cuz the venue was dark and it's hard to take pics. pretty u had to aim and hope for the best. anyway after he put me back down, he introduced himself to all of us. shook our hands and stuff. he was really cool. yea the end. haha

me + ben clark

55246960.jpg

55246961.jpg

yeah it was great! haha i know the card was huge i felt sooo dumb carrying it in line, but it was worth the stares when i saw hayleys' expression when she opened it. um steph-i think they played for i duno 20 min-half an hour. it felt very short, but i enjoyed every minute of it.

they played all we know, a new song from their upcoming album,never let this go, pressure, emergency, and my heart.

BE SURE TO check out the rest of the pictures i took in oakland on the photos page...whenever diego gets around to posting them. i e-mailed all the pics to him. i got around 50! good ones too!