Is this site slow to anyone?

We're not gonna delete threads untill the admin come on and we speak about it. People dont like their post counts being tampered with, We simply need more webspace, im hoping the admin are on soon enough to sort it becase this is running at a ridiculous speed.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a bunch of virus things on here recently (my GData always tells me when I open this site "Virus found during loading web contents"), maybe that could be a reason why the site is so slow again...Idk tho.

i just noticed this, that could well be a problem. I'll tell the admin about this too,

Thanks Franzi

I don't care about my post counts on games and stuff (which I used a lot when I was new) so if need be, delete those. I'd quite like ones on music and off topic threads though but it's not important.

Also.. Could PVM's have something to do with it? We never used to have them but a lot of people use those more than the actual boards...

mmh yeah, i guess that would help thanks. :hug:

but i don't really know which one i should delete, 'cause I got loads yesterday.

but i try what i can, haha

You can post a message on your own profile, and then delete it.

There are a bunch of virus things on here recently (my GData always tells me when I open this site "Virus found during loading web contents"), maybe that could be a reason why the site is so slow again...Idk tho.

If this is why a certain person's pc is fucked up I'm gonna go nuts ;-)

Haha, it's fun to go on when the boards are pretty dormant, plus, I like that pf is quite varied, most forums just have the actual forums, not rep, games and profiles like us. :)

I know people love parabot.. but there are so many different ways of talking to one another, I don't really think the chat is needed.

What I've seen in use in some other boards is making a certain section of the forum not add up to the post count. I guess it would slow down those who just want to spam their post count up, although I don't think there are many of those here. This is the largest board I've ever been in when I look at how many posts people have here. Yes, there are much larger ones (Gaia Online, 4chan...) but isn't it obvious that the server this place uses is being pulled to it's limits?

Deleting a few threads isn't going to be enough, you need a massive clean-up. No one is going to need those year old -threads anymore, so what you could do is delete everything from a certain date backwards. With the current traffic this board has daily, you are going to have to cut somewhere. Maybe a change in the fundamentals? Disabling the post count -indicator for good? I've seen that used as a solution when another board ran into similar problems, and honestly, is there someone out there that specifically wants it to remain visible? Believe it or not, it is going to change posting habits of people, whether they care about their post count or not.

Either something like that, or then you are going to have to invest in a bigger server.