American Idol

WayneFarro

i only watch the tryouts and the end, like when there are 5 or 6 people left. lol

but i liked the girl that people compared to amy whinehouse. is she still on there??

if it was frankie jordan (who i beleived they compared to amy whinehouse) then no she isn't on there anymore. she was in the top 50 but didn't make it to the top 36.

anyways this season AI seems to be more about ratings then anything. Jamar was robbed and should be in the top 36 and Tatiana (the annoying one) shouldn't even have made it to Hollywood and now shes in the top 36 :neutral:. whats wrong with this show!?

if it was frankie jordan (who i beleived they compared to amy whinehouse) then no she isn't on there anymore. she was in the top 50 but didn't make it to the top 36.

anyways this season AI seems to be more about ratings then anything. Jamar was robbed and should be in the top 36 and Tatiana (the annoying one) shouldn't even have made it to Hollywood and now shes in the top 36 :neutral:. whats wrong with this show!?

aww, no i really liked her! :(

that's why i kind of stopped watching the show. the people with the most talent never win. it's a popularity contest.

Hate to burst your bubble but if these people were actually any good they would have been able to obtain a record contract without the help of a poor TV show

thats not 100% true. some obviously wouldn't get the recognition otherwise. some don't even try other routes before going on AI (like the young ones). however, there are some people who just haven't gotten the right break yet. i mean if none of the singers were good, then you wouldn't have the show.

i was ticked when that slut got through.

the one that auditioned in a bikini.

her voice was not that great! the only reason she got through is simply because of her body and i hate that! it's so dregrading!!

shes gone now too... all three of the people i wanted to move on to the top 12 are now in the top 12 :D.

^its pretty much the original format of the show (way back in like 2002). I don't like the fact that one guy and one girl go through no matter what (cause you could have a girl that only was number 4 in votes and goes through but the guy that came in 3rd overall doesn't make it) and I don't beleive that was part of the original format. However, this generally weeds out all the sucky people right away so the Sanjayas of the world don't make it to the top 12 andfor that i'm grateful.

What really bugs me though is that the judges are more focused on what is commercial rather than good. However, commercial doesn't equal good and people aren't gonna watch a bunch of mediocore singers all through the season (or buy their albums later on). I just wish that record companies (and Idol) soon realize that what makes them the quick buck is screwing them over in the end i.e. they would be better actually selling good music instead of a model singing "oh baby".

end.of.rant.