A Day To Remember

Allie<3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only heard Homesick. It's nice to listen to when you are doing something else at the same time so that I can just go "woah, that's awesome!" when one of the heavier parts kicks in and let the other stuff flow through me. I hope their other stuff has a bit more variety, or at least a bit more DYNAMICS, to them. I can listen to the whole album through, but afterwards I can't remember what any of the tracks sounded like.

Highlights:

-Mr. Highways's Thinking About The End, reminds me vividly of Deadlock, really nice!

-My Life For Hire, "THIS IS A BATTLEGROUND"

-Welcome To The Family, another "Deadlocky" track,

Despite, or maybe because of, otherwise so generic music, basically every heavier part is a highlight for me, so the album is not a complete letdown. They can write awesome heavy stuff, but why can't the lighter parts have any creativity invested in them, as well? Okay, the heavy parts aren't actually genious either, but for me, they sound decent enough while none of the melodies get stuck in my head.

What albums do they exactly have besides this one that I could try next?

BTW, have any of you noticed those occasional bass kicks that are MUCH louder and deeper than the other ones? I've noticed the same thing in a lot of music recently, and I'm just thinking if it is a conscious thing done by the producer or what?

Their first album is, And Their Name Was Treason.

I only have three songs from that, If Looks Could Kill, You Had Me At Hello and Heartless.

Heartless is an amazing song, very heavy.

The second album is For Those Who Have Heart.

It's probably the best out of all three. They re-issued that album and put the cover of Since U Been Gone on it and a few others. Since U Been Gone is pretty awesome.

And then the latest album is Homesick.

It's not amazing but it is good.

Downfall Of Us All is incredibly catchy.

All in all. I pretty much love A Day To Remember.

• 2 weeks later...

i just saw a day to remember live for the first time on thursday at irving plaza with the devil wears prada, miss may i, and emarosa. their set was AMAZING, probably one of the best shows ive ever been to. when they played the breakdown for Mr. highways thinking about the end almost everyone was in the pit. it was soo "brutal"

• 6 months later...
theyre awesome. the crowd gets a little crazy for them tho hahaha... well they do here because jersey has ALOT of love for them lol

yeah i can imagine the crowd going crazy! they will go crazy here too, i know a bunch of people who have love for them! including me ;-)