"That's What You Get" parody

weirdojace

So my band Nuclear Bubble Wrap does kinda quirky music. And sometimes we do song parodies because we like to challenge ourselves with playing all sorts of different things.

This year was the first time we've gotten to go to a recording studio and one of our targets for our new EP was "That's What You Get." It's a pretty mean-spirited song about getting revenge on an ex.

And here's the mp3.

Wish I could sing as well as Hayley, heh. Oh well. My guitarist, Kyle also did a very good job on this song.

Tell me what you think!

I hate explaining the joke...

The idea is that the song goes from a few childish pranks that don't have any effect on someone to unexpectedly turning into a full blown, completely drastic crime.

I didn't think anyone here would like it, considering the responses I got on the Paramore Livejournal community. Oh well...

I liked the idea, and at least I laughed out loud the first time around while listening to it :) I loved how the lyrics told a little story of their own. Just because it's a parody, it doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to put any effort to it!

Don't know if it's intentional or not, but your singing was great at conveying that comedy feel. I heard a couple of mistakes in there but most of the time it was spot on, too. Can't say much about the guitars, they were as good as they can be with a song like this. I was a little surprised that pretty much every guitar part from the original had found their way to your version, and maybe it's just my imagination, but I think you modified some of them slightly as well.

This will be the hit song that takes you to the big arenas of the world and also keep you occupied for the next 20 years.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate explaining the joke...

The idea is that the song goes from a few childish pranks that don't have any effect on someone to unexpectedly turning into a full blown, completely drastic crime.

I didn't think anyone here would like it, considering the responses I got on the Paramore Livejournal community. Oh well...

i got the joke of the song easy. its not that i dont like it. its just..strange

• 2 weeks later...