Changes to the Boards

A few changes we've put in place that I wanted to let everyone know about:

1) You can now set your own user title (the information that appears underneath your username.) Go into your User CP and click on "Edit Your Details" and you'll be able to choose whatever title you want.

Stay away from anything obscene or that could be offensive to others - we'll be watching for that. Otherwise, have fun!

2) We've enabled the option that shows ages in everyone's user fields when you post. We had a bunch of requests for this, so it's now turned on. If you have any issues with this, go into your User CP, click on "Edit Your Details" and choose "Hide Age and Date of Birth" and this will prevent your age from showing up with your posts or on your profile.

3) We know there have been issues with the speed/load times of the boards recently and thanks to everyone for putting up with that. We think we've fixed what was causing the problem, but if you continue to have issues, let us know.

Thanks and have fun posting!

-The PF.com Staff

A few changes we've put in place that I wanted to let everyone know about:

1) You can now set your own user title (the information that appears underneath your username.) Go into your User CP and click on "Edit Your Details" and you'll be able to choose whatever title you want.

Nice, but you might wanna change the character limit lol I tried changing mine and could only get half of what I wanted, cause of the 20 character limit, where as there's people around with like three lines of text as their title from when they were changed by admins ;-) Maybe change it to 40 or 50?

I noticed the same but I figured it could've been due to me not having 4/5/X roses yet. Whatever the maximum is. A little farfetched perhaps, but I can't imagine it having anything to do with a preset character limit. Actually, I do, but I can't debunk my own theory completely just yet. :)

I noticed the same but I figured it could've been due to me not having 4/5/X roses yet. Whatever the maximum is. A little farfetched perhaps, but I can't imagine it having anything to do with a preset character limit. Actually, I do, but I can't debunk my own theory completely just yet. :)

I think it is the character thing, usually there's a limit like on other forums... just there's more room to type your thing.

I think it is the character thing, usually there's a limit like on other forums... just there's more room to type your thing.

And an admin can bypass it just like that? Well okay, I think that's possible. I'll deem that plausible.

Nice, but you might wanna change the character limit lol I tried changing mine and could only get half of what I wanted, cause of the 20 character limit, where as there's people around with like three lines of text as their title from when they were changed by admins ;-) Maybe change it to 40 or 50?

Yep - had to change the character limit - it's now 200, so have fun :)

And yes - admins could bypass the limit before, which is why I didn't actually know we had one.

• 2 weeks later...