All-encompasing threads

I don't like this all-encompasing thread thing that's going on. For example, if there's one thread for talking about Hayley, then some questions that people might have will get lsot among all the other questions and comments, and it'll keep getting more tedious to go through the post and read through all the comments about different things when all you wnat to know is where she buys her pants. I think it's fine to have different threads about one person if they're about different things about the person. The same goes for TV shows. I don't wnat to read through pages and pages about the OC to read about a show that I like. These are just examples, but I really don't like it.

you know how we just recently made sticky's for each of the band member.

it does get a little messy, and maybe if one of the admins. are reading, we could actually do a whole thread of each member, and not just a sticky.

for ex: how we have the everything section

maybe below it we can have each individual section for a member

instead of one whole sticky.

anyone understaning what im saying?

it does get a little messy' date=' and maybe if one of the admins. are reading, we could actually do a whole thread of each member, and not just a sticky.

anyone understaning what im saying?[/quote']

kim, you are brilliant.

we would have a lot of topics though...

i'm afraid the other members won't have as many threads/posts in their topics. but i really like that idea. then you guys wouldn't have to fuss with the stickys.

it does get a little messy' date=' and maybe if one of the admins. are reading, we could actually do a whole thread of each member, and not just a sticky.

I can go ahead and add this for you, if you get the okay from the other admins. :)

I can go ahead and add this for you, if you get the okay from the other admins. :)

oh what a dilema :P

well i dont know what to do, some people will be in favor or against the idea

iam not sure abt making a subforum just for a band member

idk, let me talk it with ash, chris and the rest of the mods

i don't really mind not having a ton of posts

i'd rather have a forum that isn't filled with threads that have been made another 40 previous times.

that has been happening WAY too much lately and it is driving me insane.I don't want to be rude or scare away new people but now more then ever there have been threads like that and people spamming

the boards aren't as enjoyable anymore...

i'd rather have a forum that isn't filled with threads that have been made another 40 previous times.

that has been happening WAY too much lately and it is driving me insane.I don't want to be rude or scare away new people but now more then ever there have been threads like that and people spamming

yea i agree

we are gonna try our best to keep the forum as clean as possible

yea i agree

we are gonna try our best to keep the forum as clean as possible

i agree with alyssa.

clean boards=better time

This isn't about posts on the same topic. It's about posts on different topics. Let's have an example. Say there's a Star Wars thread, and someone says "no, you have to post in the science fiction thread." If you want to talk about Star Wars, you don't want to click through a big long thread about Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, and Galaxy Quest to do it. If there are two Star Wars threads and you close the repeat, that's a different story. Also, I don't see the boards as any more spammed or any less enjoyable than when I joined.

This isn't about posts on the same topic. It's about posts on different topics. Let's have an example. Say there's a Star Wars thread' date=' and someone says "no, you have to post in the science fiction thread." If you want to talk about Star Wars, you don't want to click through a big long thread about Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, and Galaxy Quest to do it. If there are two Star Wars threads and you close the repeat, that's a different story. Also, I don't see the boards as any more spammed or any less enjoyable than when I joined.[/quote']

i think subforms would be good in a situation like that

like for television...that's kind of broad and i agree...you don't want to read for like 3 pages on the OC if you wanted to know about the season finale of grey's anatomy.

i guess...

but there have been threads that are posted about one topic and no one posts in them and they are just sitting there

Well starting a topic is always a risk. You never know what kind of response you'll get. Should we go through the other music section and delete all the posts for artists that got one or two responses?

no

im just saying i find it pointless in off topic to post about a movie for exsample,there are millions of movies out there

so if people start a new thread about a movie,why don't we just start a thread for every movie out there,thats why i find it reasonable instead of starting in a thread "i saw *fill in the blank*yesterday i liked it" you could post in the movie thread and people would respond there.same thing goes for the "spam" thread,people don't start threads about what they are wearing,they post it in the "what are you wearing thread" why not do it for other things?

you get feed back in the what are you wearing thread sometimes and the randomness thread and in any other spam thread

im just saying there are a lot of threads out there that don't deserve to be threads most of them are posted by new people and they will figure out in time what belongs where,i think the forum is perfectly fine the way it is.

when i posted that there was someone who kept posting threads that allready had been started and it was getting really annoying but apprently some people had as well and it was brought to a mods attention,who talked to that person

i didnt read your first post properly when i posted that i just skimed through it and got the wrong idea

the boards are getting quite big

its understandable that some things will change the way they use to be, for example the hell lot of new sometimes repeated threads.

I know it can get quite annoying but please dont scare off newbies, thats exactly the type of forum i dont want, a place were is ruled by the oldies and the newbiws get bullied all the time, well at least i know most of you wont(old members), you all are really nice but yea i just wanted to mention that.

Oh yea I was thinking of making some minor changes to the offtopic forum, for example i was thinking of deleting all the post of the spam thread every X weeks, plus taking the post count in that thread(post wont count) and deleting alot of spamming thread with other names,like the "Official Unofficial Happy *Insert Number Here* Posts Thread**, sorry fire at will; becuase i believe that can go in the spam thread

all those are just some minor ideas, but yea the forum is also yours sooo i wanted to get some feedback