The Covers Thread

Jorgi

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:I

Is it your voice that I'm hearing the loudest? Because I can't tell, except for that little laugh at the end . :lol: I thought I didn't know the song when I read the artist and the song's name, but "GODDAMN THAT'S THE SHIT I'M HEARING ALL THE TIME" coupled with a few facepalms were exclaimed after it started. :I

If you want to do more songs, I'd suggest I'm On A Boat by The Lonely Island (surely you're familiar with that one) or the glorious Hide And Seek by Imogen Heap (you most probably know that one, too).

Scott, if you want a proper auto-tune that's free when you want it to be (:shifty:), use Celemony's Melodyne. Might very well be the best auto-tune software on the market. I just autotuned a bass track the other day after realizing I had played it with an out-of-tune bass. :lol:

"Auto-tune the news" is the best usage of auto-tune I've heard so far, by the way.

Actually, I might do Hide and Seek myself if I can hook up my keyboard with a vocoder somewhere in the future...

Justin Timberlake might sound amusing as well...Summer Love, Sexyback, My Love or all of them.

Hahaha, isn't that just a ridiculous song? And it gets stuck in your head and then you're just miserable. It was fun to do though! And yes my voice was the loudest. :P

I'll try Hide and Seek, I used to love that song and I completely forgot about it!

• 3 weeks later...
Damn, took me long enough to listen to that, but I'm glad I did finally. That was really good! The only thing I would've had differently is the strumming, because I felt like you could've held the chords together a biit longer, but that's just a minor quirk in, what was otherwise, an excellent performance. I could write you some advice about changing the chords but I really think I should give my keyboard a rest and illustrate it with a video of sorts. I might do it tomorrow. :)

Thanks for listening :)

I would really love if you can show me what pattern you had in mind,so i can learn it and maybe rerecord video :mrgreen:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^Geezus son, you look like you've just fucking time warped from the mid 90s Britpop/indie scene and just landed into today :razz:

And sadly, because I know about the 90s scene and basically jack shit about today's scene, I have no fucking idea who Manchester Orchestra, and had to wikipedia them.

Was a little surprised to find out they are an American band, the name sounds like a 90s Britpop revivalist band lol.

So does the original song feature vocals that go flat constantly? That being said, I fucking wish I could even sing at least THAT well and play guitar at the same time haha

^Geezus son, you look like you've just fucking time warped from the mid 90s Britpop/indie scene and just landed into today :razz:

And sadly, because I know about the 90s scene and basically jack shit about today's scene, I have no fucking idea who Manchester Orchestra, and had to wikipedia them.

Was a little surprised to find out they are an American band, the name sounds like a 90s Britpop revivalist band lol.

So does the original song feature vocals that go flat constantly? That being said, I fucking wish I could even sing at least THAT well and play guitar at the same time haha

:lol: No, they probably don't, I can't sing it that well but thought I'd put it up anyway :lol:

The original:

This really isn't a cover and I'm not really sure where to put it, but I'm just joking around with my sister and improvising (and not a very good improv) Dont Trust Me from 3OH!3, I have a solo at the end, I messed up at the beginning of it, but I think it sounds kinda decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZPNPWAD2yk

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U38rqHwTJQ

Rough guitar cover of Misery Business (but not yet finished... done up until the solo section). It's done using the real bass, drum and vocal tracks from Guitar Hero, with me adding the guitar.

Probably not going to finish it for a while and I just wanted anybody's opinion on it. Sorry for it only being half done, but if I'm not finishing it for ages, I'd have to wait ages for comments, and I'm impatient ;).

• 3 months later...