Forum Opinions/Ideas/Comments Thread

RenegadeRoss

If you (mods) are going to bounce between "we're trying to make this a comfortable place for everyone" and "if you don't like it, leave", this is going to be hard. I know you don't really mean it, but can you see why I think you need to step back a bit and look at the situation again? Haven't you already failed if some people are feeling like this place has turned colder and meaner over time? Even if you don't agree and even if you think members are making a big fuss out of nothing.

The thing might've been exaggerated, but I think that came from the fact that some members had been hiding it inside of them for quite a while, so naturally it would get spitted out with frustration and anger. Instead of concentrating on the additional drama, maybe there was an actual issue that required your attention?

If a member is acting over the top, it's probably not without a reason, and it shouldn't be met with "I'm too intelligent for this" or "go get a life". I know you didn't do this, but you are the ones who should be keeping those responses out! If you are going for a comfortable place for everyone, that is. This might get frustrating after a while, I understand that. But those responses are only helping in raising the tension even more. And that brings us to the next topic.

Some additional moderators would be good, to spot out potential issues before they get out of hand, and to share the workload that you have here.

It might feel frustrating when all your work seems to go unnoticed, but that's the life of a moderator/leader/manager/director there for you! Don't tell how great this place is in your eyes. Instead, try to see if there's something you are missing. Right now, it looks like there is. Or do you really think that the recent events, and this thread even, was made out of nothing? Your own opinion is justified, of course, but a more diplomatic approach might help in actually resolving the issue. You are putting too much effort here for this place to be "just a message board".

Some parts of the complaints you have no influence over, unfortunately. Members feeling left out or ignored, for example. That's up to the members themselves to change. But everything else in this post is something for you moderators to think about.

...And for me, as well. :) You wouldn't believe how many times I started to say something today, but ended up deleting it. This is a difficult topic. There's probably something I should have said that I didn't, but that will follow tomorrow or later.

In my opinion(don't freak) it seemed a lot like whining.This forum can be fun and it can be nasty. That's not going to change.Either deal with it or don't.

See, that would've been my answer if Ross hadn't said earlier that he wants to make this a comfortable place for everyone. Didn't I make that clear enough? If Ross is looking for ways to improve the forum, I might as well try to say something besides "deal with it", which is probably not what he is looking for. I'm not threatening to leave if nothing's going to change! In other words, I can "deal with it" if I want to.

I was hoping for you, Jorgi, to point out what part of it you think is nonsense. Maybe we could even get a proper discussion started, for a change!

Ouch, time's up! I'll have to continue this once I get home from work.

If you (mods) are going to bounce between "we're trying to make this a comfortable place for everyone" and "if you don't like it, leave", this is going to be hard. I know you don't really mean it, but can you see why I think you need to step back a bit and look at the situation again? Haven't you already failed if some people are feeling like this place has turned colder and meaner over time? Even if you don't agree and even if you think members are making a big fuss out of nothing.

The thing might've been exaggerated, but I think that came from the fact that some members had been hiding it inside of them for quite a while, so naturally it would get spitted out with frustration and anger. Instead of concentrating on the additional drama, maybe there was an actual issue that required your attention?

If a member is acting over the top, it's probably not without a reason, and it shouldn't be met with "I'm too intelligent for this" or "go get a life". I know you didn't do this, but you are the ones who should be keeping those responses out! If you are going for a comfortable place for everyone, that is. This might get frustrating after a while, I understand that. But those responses are only helping in raising the tension even more. And that brings us to the next topic.

Some additional moderators would be good, to spot out potential issues before they get out of hand, and to share the workload that you have here.

It might feel frustrating when all your work seems to go unnoticed, but that's the life of a moderator/leader/manager/director there for you! Don't tell how great this place is in your eyes. Instead, try to see if there's something you are missing. Right now, it looks like there is. Or do you really think that the recent events, and this thread even, was made out of nothing? Your own opinion is justified, of course, but a more diplomatic approach might help in actually resolving the issue. You are putting too much effort here for this place to be "just a message board".

Some parts of the complaints you have no influence over, unfortunately. Members feeling left out or ignored, for example. That's up to the members themselves to change. But everything else in this post is something for you moderators to think about.

...And for me, as well. :) You wouldn't believe how many times I started to say something today, but ended up deleting it. This is a difficult topic. There's probably something I should have said that I didn't, but that will follow tomorrow or later.

I totally respect what you've just said and i completely understand every part of it ,

The thing is, i have said at least 2 or 3 times in that other thread. If there is a problem, contact a moderator about it and inform them of what the problem is.

Nobody has even linked us to a thread or number of posts that backs up what they are saying.

This thread was made for people to state what is wrong in their eyes, and so far your the only one who's made any valued contribution in the "forum opinions" category,

If they dont tell us and point us in the direction of what the problem is, then there is no way for us to fix it because as it stands, the majority of people it appears do not see what the problem is.

Double post i know, but i want to show you something that used to happen on here before Octoberlast year.

We had a thread about Suicide, something that you would think, people could be mature about, and the majority were but..

http://www.paramorefans.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10642&highlight=suicide&page=2

Every thread used to be like that, people abusing each other, You even see people posting in it saying how every thread turns into an argument.

When was the last time anyone seen someone being that abusive to another member of these boards?

I understand that, and I kept that in mind when I wrote what I wrote. You see, if members aren't going to bother with PMing a mod about their problems, even after you tell them to do it (I think this is what's going to happen), you're gonna have to think of an alternative solution. That's what I was suggesting.

And I'm thinking about the future here. I know it's hard to fix anything when you don't know what's wrong, but you can prevent this from happening in the future.

As for the abusiveness, I think it's decreased, even during that short period of time that I've been here. So, the direction seems to be right, especially after seeing that thread about suicide.

Still, feel free to headbutt the wall next to you if you feel like I'm not getting you fully. I'm a little confused myself so gathering my thoughts around this subject is a feat on it's own.

In my opinion(don't freak) it seemed a lot like whining.This forum can be fun and it can be nasty. That's not going to change.Either deal with it or don't.

thank you

i agree

everyone just loves to whine and it makes me so mad lol

• 4 months later...
Alright, i hardly see the admin on really, cause they have busy lifes, so again, im taking this upon myself to creat this thread, and it'll be stickied at the top of the page.

People lately seem to not be enjoying the forums as much, while others are finding nothing wrong with it.

So with that in mind, Id like to know what people dislike about the forum, and what would make it better/different for them?

What do you think could improve the forum? Do you have any ideas?

Ross if your still after ideas you could always sort out the offtopic section as around 90% of the threads on there belong to the game section :rotfl: