get rid of this spammer

They are definitely bots. Banning one might help temporarily, but another will soon follow. I don't know anything about how they work though, so I can't say what draws them here.

They basically decide to go on popular sites, since a big portion of the site hits come from search engine bots, so when anyone makes a new post on the forums, the search engine bots crawl the forum to get the new posts up on google, yahoo, live search, etc. So if the spam bots make these posts it means they can get on search engines, and if there's links in the posts then they get traffic via the spam posts via this forum, and increase their website's hits and revenue ;-)

And I'll shut up now :shifty: lol

That is so disturbing that are posting all kinda of stupid things not asosiated with borads... and they are to anoying ... so please Admins and Mods find a way to ban them or anything that would help :)

they is to much of them latley

I think they're bots actually, if I see a post, I get to them but the posts usually get burried among all the actual posts, so it's hard to keep try of them

yeah i think theyre bots

they tend to bump up really old thread... ive noticed

The bots usually get handled with pretty quickly so i wouldnt worry, i always delete their posts/threads and ban their IP.

All i can say is if you spot a bot, send me or another mod/admin a message and we'll get to it asap :)

sometimes i see alot of bots that dont get any attention at all.

i really could get rid of them myself tbh if i really wanted to. since i have katie's log in junk.

so i guess i can help out with that kinda lol

From experience (Avril Bandaids had a huge problem with Bot in the past few months), the best way to deal with them is captcha codes in registration process. You can also provide a question during registration such as, "Are You a Bot (To Complete this step type "No")".

Simple steps but they make a HUGE difference. Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...