"Ignorance" 97x Premiere/Discussion Thread - *NO POSTING LINKS*

Chriss

Well, a lot of the people who complained about not liking Riot will be happy then.

I really don't hear the similarities between Ignorance and AWKIF, except for the fact that it's heavier and less poppy, and I think it's a great first single. However, having heard two other new songs live, it's not my favorite. This new album will have a completely different side to it that sounds like nothing Paramore's ever done before.

^ When you said "the old stuff" and then later mentioned Riot, I took it that you were referring to AWKIF as that old stuff. Sorry about that, lol.

If you're just comparing it to Riot, I can't say I agree with that either. They've progressed so much as musicians since then. Listening to Riot after listening to all of the changes they've made to those songs live is totally different. Let The Flames Begin, for example... the album version doesn't hold a candle to the live version.

To each his own though. I respect your opinion. :)

No we have a total misunderstanding here.

What I was trying to say was, AWKIF, imo is their best record, BUT with Riot! they progressed as artists. And I agree the live versions were totally awesome.

BUT With this new single I feel like it wouldnt of been a single if it was on Riot! Like if the song was on the Riot! album, they would never have released it as a single, because it isnt as good as most of the songs on Riot.

So what I was trying to say was, it sounds like a song off Riot! but just worse lol!

Sorry, I really dont want to sound disrespectful lol! Now I feel disrespectful ha! Im sure the song will grow on me, and Im a big fan of Paramore :)

No we have a total misunderstanding here.

What I was trying to say was, AWKIF, imo is their best record, BUT with Riot! they progressed as artists. And I agree the live versions were totally awesome.

BUT With this new single I feel like it wouldnt of been a single if it was on Riot! Like if the song was on the Riot! album, they would never have released it as a single, because it isnt as good as most of the songs on Riot.

So what I was trying to say was, it sounds like a song off Riot! but just worse lol!

Sorry, I really dont want to sound disrespectful lol! Now I feel disrespectful ha! Im sure the song will grow on me, and Im a big fan of Paramore :)

Haha, we're just on totally different pages. It's okay, you're not coming across as disrespectful. You're allowed to not like the song. I didn't like it too much the first time I heard the live version, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it, and now hearing the studio version is even better.

I hope it'll grow on you, but if it doesn't, you'll still love the new album. Brick By Boring Brick is sooooooo good. :)

^ "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions." Aww, bummer. :)

Check the LJ Community. 97x has been playing it every hour though. Just go listen to their live stream. Apparently, it'll be on again before 2pm.

Well, a lot of the people who complained about not liking Riot will be happy then.

I really don't hear the similarities between Ignorance and AWKIF, except for the fact that it's heavier and less poppy, and I think it's a great first single. However, having heard two other new songs live, it's not my favorite. This new album will have a completely different side to it that sounds like nothing Paramore's ever done before.

Two others ?

Did I missed a song ?

Two others ?

Did I missed a song ?

Brick By Boring Brick... you didn't miss that one though. They played it for MTV Unplugged and I was in the audience. It'll air sometime in the middle of September.