"Ignorance" Music Video /Brand New Eyes

kecmie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really like the video though i think perhaps they should have added one more place to shoot. (I mean apart from the main 'light bulb rooms" and the freaky-hayley-wearing-white-room!!)

but there's lots of energy. Of course the song itself would make the worst video look brilliant! <3 IGNORANCE!!

Hmm, I really don't think that the video is good. It most of all look like a homemade amateur video full of fast mtv clipping. Also, I don't see the connection between the video and the music, maybe because I can't see what happens most of the time because of the clipping. It looks like an excuse to be able to be played on MTV.

Luckily the music is much better (that will say it is great) so it makes it more bearable to watch the video.

Well, I think the song is about the almost breakup of the band just before "Decode".

I think the connection to song and video is, the light shining on each band member, to put the blame on, or something along those lines.

I really like the concept of the video. It's something that I haven't seen before.

I read someone else's thought on the video and I quite liked their little dissection of it. They basically said that the light represents the spotlight, which is always on Hayley, and whenever she tries to bring the light over to one of the other members she quite can't reach it to them, therefore frustrated with the media always focusing on her, instead of them as a whole. "Ignorance is your new best friend..."

• 2 weeks later...

i was a bit disappointed about how the video clip was filmed. the woman directing or whatever had great concepts and scenes but the way it was actually going about made me dizzy, haha. nah thats not really why, it's just there were lots of great scenes that just ended so short and were too quick to even think what was actually going on.

like the part where hayley's in the light box bit, it only had like two quick shots. i was like 'hey! that was so artsy and cool and it didn't even show for long :-o !'

but anyway, that's my oppinion to the clip. looked really fun for paramore. maybe i was just expecting better... wish i could direct for bands... :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...