Will You Download The Leak?

The Drummer

Will You Download the leak?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will You Download the leak?

• Yes
    • No

You don't need to throw your toys out of the morality pram, my point was (and still is) it's illegal regardless of how entitled you think you are to download it. You're going to download it, okay I get that, it's the way the world works now and you're cool with it. Great. have fun, enjoy it. But you still missed my point about the legality of the whole affair.

Firstly, I have not disputed the fact that downloading Music from the internet for free is illegal (not 100% of the time, but under most circumstances is probably is) You are beating a dead horse here, assuming that I am disagreeing with you. All I have spoken about, is morality, as you said, and that doesnt directly converge with Legality, as we all know.

Secondly. The point is, I don't care what the government has decided on this issue. I dont care if they think Its illegal or not to download if you already payed for one copy. It doesnt feel like I am stealing, but I accept that for some people it does feel like they are stealing.

There are other issues, of course. If you download from the internet you are supporting the people that upload this stuff, and the more support they get, the more rife piracy will be.

But lets face it, How many times do you usually buy an album? Once, unless you lose it, or buy one for a present for someone or something, you'll only ever buy any album, once. No matter how many times I download an album, If Ive already payed for the one copy, Paramore arent losing out on any of my money. I have given them all the money they were ever going to get from me to pay off their debts to the record company, and I have contributed to their album going Platinum. My contribution as a fan, and moral obligation are completed.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestlly i see you all have proper way to get the cd amd that is why i don't see the point of download for most of you ppl. On the other hand overhere i can't buy it in the record store or even order it via net 'couse they dont ship to my country so that is why i will have to downlad the album.... and i don't think i am being disrespectful to the band or anything else couse i want to hear their music...

and those leaked version i don't support so i will wait till 29th and then download it. that is the best i can do in that situation.

Honestlly i see you all have proper way to get the cd amd that is why i don't see the point of download for most of you ppl. On the other hand overhere i can't buy it in the record store or even order it via net 'couse they dont ship to my country so that is why i will have to downlad the album.... and i don't think i am being disrespectful to the band or anything else couse i want to hear their music...

same here.

Honestly, I haven't brought an album since '07. Don't think I will for a long time.

I just don't have the time and money to buy CD's. I already own a physical copy of "All We Know Is Fall" & "Riot"

I will most definitely download the album obviously. I have so many albums on my list to buy haha.

I love Paramore and will still continue to support and buy their music.

I so want this album to leak badly. :twisted:

Yes I plan on downloading it if it leaks.

You don't need to throw your toys out of the morality pram, my point was (and still is) it's illegal regardless of how entitled you think you are to download it. You're going to download it, okay I get that, it's the way the world works now and you're cool with it. Great. have fun, enjoy it. But you still missed my point about the legality of the whole affair.

Just out of curiosity on the subject of downloading illegally before an album comes out, did you download Daisy? ;-):P

The only thing I don't agree with is this: you're saying that downloading the album from a torrent site is okay if you already bought the preorder. BUT if I go to the store, and tell them I already own the album, they're not going to give me another copy for free. They'd make me buy another one because, as with anything, you pay per copy, so you are still screwing the band out of money that should be going toward recouping their recording costs.

Umm you totally lost me here.

The point people were making is they have already paid for a copy of the album by pre-order, as have I, and in my opinion hearing the album early via a leak makes no difference at all since the band already have our money. To be precise £43.94 of my money ($71.13). Now since I've paid that much of my own money I think I'm more than entitled to download it a week earlier if it leaks.

Firstly, I have not disputed the fact that downloading Music from the internet for free is illegal (not 100% of the time, but under most circumstances is probably is) You are beating a dead horse here, assuming that I am disagreeing with you. All I have spoken about, is morality, as you said, and that doesnt directly converge with Legality, as we all know.

Secondly. The point is, I don't care what the government has decided on this issue. I dont care if they think Its illegal or not to download if you already payed for one copy. It doesnt feel like I am stealing, but I accept that for some people it does feel like they are stealing.

There are other issues, of course. If you download from the internet you are supporting the people that upload this stuff, and the more support they get, the more rife piracy will be.

But lets face it, How many times do you usually buy an album? Once, unless you lose it, or buy one for a present for someone or something, you'll only ever buy any album, once. No matter how many times I download an album, If Ive already payed for the one copy, Paramore arent losing out on any of my money. I have given them all the money they were ever going to get from me to pay off their debts to the record company, and I have contributed to their album going Platinum. My contribution as a fan, and moral obligation are completed.

It seems we have crossed some wires. You with morality and I with legality. All I was saying is regardless of how comfortable you are morally with it, it's still stealing. Which your first paragraph alludes to agreeing with anyway.

It seems we have crossed some wires. You with morality and I with legality. All I was saying is regardless of how comfortable you are morally with it, it's still stealing. Which your first paragraph alludes to agreeing with anyway.

So we are on the same page here?

Most of that post wasnt aimed directly at you, more as a reference to the thread as a whole.

Just out of curiosity on the subject of downloading illegally before an album comes out, did you download Daisy? ;-):P

Umm you totally lost me here.

The point people were making is they have already paid for a copy of the album by pre-order, as have I, and in my opinion hearing the album early via a leak makes no difference at all since the band already have our money. To be precise £43.94 of my money ($71.13). Now since I've paid that much of my own money I think I'm more than entitled to download it a week earlier if it leaks.

Firstly, please point out to me where I clearly stated that I don't download leaks or download music in general? I'll save you the time and tell you that you won't find that becuase I didn't say it. ;-)

Yes, you might have paid for it, but it's not been released. It's still stealing. You don't go book a seat in the cinema for Harry Potter then go home and torrent a copy before you see it. My point's never been "don't download leaks" my point's been "don't try and qualify your actions as being legal, it's a leak, it's still stealing".

I, personally, couldn't care less how entitled anyone thinks they are to download it, if you're happy to do it then great, go do it but I don't think anyone cares about anyone's, apparent, 'entitlement'.

So we are on the same page here?

Most of that post wasnt aimed directly at you, more as a reference to the thread as a whole.

Yeah yeah, definitely.

Yeah, I thought that. "Secondly" onwards seemed to be more of a general point about entitlement, rather than a direct response to me.

Firstly, please point out to me where I clearly stated that I don't download leaks or download music in general? I'll save you the time and tell you that you won't find that becuase I didn't say it. ;-)

I know I know ;-) But you're saying it's wrong but you do it too was the point I was making 8-)

Yes, you might have paid for it, but it's not been released. It's still stealing. You don't go book a seat in the cinema for Harry Potter then go home and torrent a copy before you see it. My point's never been "don't download leaks" my point's been "don't try and qualify your actions as being legal, it's a leak, it's still stealing".

I, personally, couldn't care less how entitled anyone thinks they are to download it, if you're happy to do it then great, go do it but I don't think anyone cares about anyone's, apparent, 'entitlement'.

Well I personally feel entitled to get it. I know we're all not going to agree on this, and I think everyone knows it's "technical" illegality (cause some countries it's not illegal) but let's just leave this as a yes/no poll and not a debate on morality :P

I know I know ;-) But you're saying it's wrong but you do it too was the point I was making 8-)

Well I personally feel entitled to get it. I know we're all not going to agree on this, and I think everyone knows it's "technical" illegality (cause some countries it's not illegal) but let's just leave this as a yes/no poll and not a debate on morality :P

Yes but did I try and get anyone to stop? ;-) I know it's illegal, evidently or else I wouldn't have brought it up, I just don't think anyone should post saying they're entitled to steal an album because they've pre-ordered it.

I said that I would download the leak because I know I'd be downloading it from a torrent site anyway after the album was released so I can put it on my iPod. If I actually saw "LEAKED BRAND NEW EYES" on Mininova or whatever site I'd possibly not do it until the 29th. When it comes to Paramore I download the album like that but also buy it on CD so I'm not ripping the off.

Anyways, I've pre-ordered the deluxe edition so if I download the standard album for free I'll have still spent almost £40 on BNE overall.

I dunno, i might listen to it on youtube or something first, as tbh, i havent been impressed at all by ignorance, or one other song i heard, temporary i think, and normaly i buy an album if i like the single...and well in this case i didnt like the single. SO i might listen to the leak to see if i like the rest of the material any better.

I dunno, i might listen to it on youtube or something first, as tbh, i havent been impressed at all by ignorance, or one other song i heard, temporary i think, and normaly i buy an album if i like the single...and well in this case i didnt like the single. SO i might listen to the leak to see if i like the rest of the material any better.

Temporary isnt on the album. Its an old Demo.

Honestly,

I don't see the point in pre-ordering an album.. and downloading the leak.

You basically ruin 95% of the excitement when you actually get the record.

I Downloaded Sum 41's leak and that totally killed it for me.. I'm like, "wow this is boring.. I know everysong already."

Honestly,

I Downloaded Sum 41's leak and that totally killed it for me.. I'm like, "wow this is boring.. I know everysong already."

Exactly, it's just a waste of your own money if you do that, in a way.

Honestly,

I don't see how it takes away the "excitement" at all. For me it'd give me more of a chance to get to know the songs, pick out the lyrics, work out what the song means, etc. Different opinions though ;-)

Duh, it's Sum 41 :P

This album, from what I've heard, is really growing on me! But I still want the whole HQ stuff the most, so I'll wait. Probably buy it if I can.