Will You Download The Leak?

The Drummer

Will You Download the leak?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will You Download the leak?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure if this was posted before.

If Brand New Eyes leaks.. will you download it?

Be honest. If you're a member on this forum, then I'm sure you'd buy the actual album anyways

To be honest, I'm not going to listen to the leak.. even if myspace or mtv puts it out. I want to get excited when it arrives on my doorstep on the 29th.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already bought the thing weeks ago, so I dont really think im in a moral grey area if I do decide to download it.

I already bought the album, so even if I download it I wouldn't consider it piracy.

It's still illegal, whether or not you're pre-ordered it.

I'll wait for the release date. If I don't get my deluxe edition that day, I'll buy it off iTunes. Although I might just buy it off iTunes anyway because that deluxe edition has even more acoustic tracks.

It's considered backing up your investment. It's no different than downloading ROMs which is legal as long as you already own the game.

It's not "backing up your investment" if your investment isn't actually available for purchase, it's still stealing. I'm not entirely sure how US copyright laws work but I was always under the impression that making your own copy of a CD you have is fine but downloading a copy (which, conversely, has been illegally uploaded) is a crime. I'm willing to be wrong considering US law isn't exactly a strong point of mine.

It's still illegal, whether or not you're pre-ordered it.

It is, in the eyes of the Law, yes, but i would not feel bad about it at all, and I think its perfectly within reason to download it since Ive payed for the deluxe-rip-off edition..

This forum already supports Illegal Song Downloading, so it would be kind of odd for people to frown upon the download of this album.

I can understand why people might not want to download it because they want to wait for the full CD quality, or maybe some people would feel like they were Betraying paramore if they did. Either way, Paramore themselves probably get about 1% of all revenue generated by album sales, so you shouldnt feel that bad really.

. . . Paramore themselves probably get about 1% of all revenue generated by album sales . . .

Yeah but the more albums they sell the higher certified their album gets and they can then negotiate a better record contract in the future. Even if they don't directly make a lot of money off of it, record sales are important.

Yeah but the more albums they sell the higher certified their album gets and they can then negotiate a better record contract in the future. Even if they don't directly make a lot of money off of it, record sales are important.

Well, it doesn't matter, as long as you're buying the album at some point.

The leak will be before it comes out, so it's not like you're not buying it and ripping them off. Even though some people choose to do that.

Well, it doesn't matter, as long as you're buying the album at some point.

The leak will be before it comes out, so it's not like you're not buying it and ripping them off. Even though some people choose to do that.

Yeah, thats true. I was just saying that record sales are important despite the money (or lack of) that a band makes off them.

No way! If an album is coming out, and I already know that the band is really good, I won't download, let alone listen to it! Usually, I listen to 2-3 songs that the band has officially put out, in this case WTLO, Ignorance, and what has just been released by MTV (I think) BBBB. Those are the only three songs I will listen to off this album. If the album is up on myspace or anywhere else, then no way! It ruins getting the cd and playing it for the first time!

It is, in the eyes of the Law, yes, but i would not feel bad about it at all, and I think its perfectly within reason to download it since Ive payed for the deluxe-rip-off edition..

This forum already supports Illegal Song Downloading, so it would be kind of odd for people to frown upon the download of this album.

I can understand why people might not want to download it because they want to wait for the full CD quality, or maybe some people would feel like they were Betraying paramore if they did. Either way, Paramore themselves probably get about 1% of all revenue generated by album sales, so you shouldnt feel that bad really.

You don't need to throw your toys out of the morality pram, my point was (and still is) it's illegal regardless of how entitled you think you are to download it. You're going to download it, okay I get that, it's the way the world works now and you're cool with it. Great. have fun, enjoy it. But you still missed my point about the legality of the whole affair.

Yeah, thats true. I was just saying that record sales are important despite the money (or lack of) that a band makes off them.

Yup! and even with a few people not contributing to the sales, won't matter cause I'm pretty sure BNE is very anticipated and will do that much well! :hyper:

You don't need to throw your toys out of the morality pram, my point was (and still is) it's illegal regardless of how entitled you think you are to download it. You're going to download it, okay I get that, it's the way the world works now and you're cool with it. Great. have fun, enjoy it. But you still missed my point about the legality of the whole affair.

I just don't see how that could really be illegal. If you have the physical cd in front of you, and you rip it to your hard drive thats legal. So what would be the difference between ripping it from the physical disk and downloading it? Aside from the fact that downloaded music is horrible quality. Both methods result in the music being copied onto your computer and can be used without the disk.

I just don't see how that could really be illegal. If you have the physical cd in front of you, and you rip it to your hard drive thats legal. So what would be the difference between ripping it from the physical disk and downloading it? Aside from the fact that downloaded music is horrible quality. Both methods result in the music being copied onto your computer and can be used without the disk.

Not really what's being discussed here though, is it? Seeing as we're talking about a leak. I would still consider downloading the album illegal even if I did own it physically. You've already went out and bought it so why go on it-leaked or isohunt to download it? What's the need? The second point even contradicts the first point cause I really don't know anyone who would willingly accept a horrible quality download when they have the CD in front of them and get get a high quality rip.

Also, the second point in bold isn't really true if you know the right places to look.;-)