Suggestion for Other Music regular thread

the1

I think it would be cool if we did a ".... Reccomends" thread each week where a different member basically posts a thread about an album they think everyone else may not have hears, and it gets stickied with maybe a download link (For a 24 hr preview ob..)

Good idea?

Backed hard.

Two for.

I think it would work better with the method Matt described, since you could cover more ground with it. Or better yet, let the member decide if he/she wants to post a full album or a random group of songs. I'm aware of the one song/full album dilemma but you have to think of a way to keep people interested after the first week.

I'm up for it, and so are a few others, so post away, James!

So basically James want's to post full albums for people download under the disguise of it being for "recommending music".

Isn’t there a million other sites that post illegal links to full albums?

Good idea to reccomend music but a really bad idea to post links to it.

Your high horse. Get off it.

:P

Pretty much tbh...or people could just go Google it, or those that want it could PM me.

Your high horse. Get off it.

:P

Pretty much tbh...or people could just go Google it, or those that want it could PM me.

He's only trying to keep himself in a job, James. :lol:

I think the bolded way is the best way to do it. Find a stream, youtube or where ever, post them, if poeple like it then they know who to ask. ;-)

I think the bolded way is the best way to do it. Find a stream, youtube or where ever, post them, if poeple like it then they know who to ask. ;-)

haha I know I'm just joshin'.

That's good idea. I mean, most stuff can be found on youtube...

Or we could just do a mix tape with a decent example song, so people can then check out more stuff if they like that song.

Haha it's not just that reason (mainly it's cause most new bands/artists sound the same and music is dying on it's arse)...I still say a link to the myspace page is probably better since that way nobody can get into any trouble as the music on there is what an artist/label allow.

So, how about this:

-Each week, a different member posts a "mixtape" of 5-10 songs. The other members taking part have one week to post their comments and possible ratings for each of them

-Youtube/myspace links are probably the best way to go

-Make a list of who wants to take part in recommending something, and these guys should be AT LEAST expected to comment on the songs other people have recommended before, and after them. Just to keep this thing from falling flat on its face. No one's forced to do anything, but it's a week's time. Surely that's enough for everyone to find the time for this?

-A dedicated thread to this would be neat

Any objections or changes you guys want? Post up so that we can get the thing going before Christmas.

tbh I think that if we focus on more than one band, it'll get unfocused....so basically I think it should be promoting a band that you don't think many people on the board know (tbh- not being harsh but we want some variety- not the Boys Like Boys/The Maine crap that too many people on here listen to..no point in reccomending something everyone knows)

yeah youre right james.

yes i do like BLG and The Maine and other stuff like that but i like other types of music too not just that stuff

and i think we should try and get others to have more variety in what they listen to.

A Mixtape is an awful idea as you still have the problem with it being illegal and like James said it would be unfocused.

tbh I think that if we focus on more than one band, it'll get unfocused....so basically I think it should be promoting a band that you don't think many people on the board know (tbh- not being harsh but we want some variety- not the Boys Like Boys/The Maine crap that too many people on here listen to..no point in reccomending something everyone knows)

I like that suggestion right there :D

I didn't necessarily mean it as 5-10 different bands. Like you said, it would lose focus, but if someone specifically wanted to introduce two bands, why not let him/her do it? What I meant was 5-10-whatever songs from an artist (or two), it would not necessarily have to be a full album. One full album might be too much/not enough to introduce one band, and that would already demand a bit wider attention span. It would be easier if you could cover all eras of the artist, for example.