Brick By Boring Brick Studio Version

Catie

Hayley's voice sounds a bit too..high pitched,but it's ok. I guess.

That's what I thought on the first listen listen, but not like it was out of tune or anything (you won't hear an album where singing is out of tune anymore, ALL HAIL MELODYNE!), more like too thin or stretched out. On the second listen, I noticed that the vocals on the quiet section sound louder than the vocals on every other part of the song. You would think it's the other way around, right? Well, it was a shame to realize how ridiculously compressed Hayley's voice was. She's got such a huge and powerful voice, why suck the life out of it when it's definitely one of the main reasons behind their success? For comparison, I went back to "For A Pessimist..." and their is an audible difference.

As for the composition itself, it forced me to listen to it again to see if I missed any cool stuff, intrigued me, made me chuckle, and you can now officially color me excited. :hyper:

I lol'd at the much-hyped "padappadaada" part, BTW. :D

Sounds pretty good, better than the stuff on Riot imo but I'm not going to get carried away til I hear the whole album.

Also it looks like they're going to post all the songs on the site (the left hand side has all the songs listed but when you try to listen it's just 1 second nothingness).

^ It's been that way since Ignorance was released. They won't be up until the album comes out. They're just getting it ready.

would a rip of this be against the rules?

Yup. Since you can technically buy it through the presale, any download links can't be posted here.