First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

overall this is an amazing album both lyrically and musically. better than Riot! in my opinion and right up there with AWKIF.

I don't really like Playing God. it's the weakest song on the album in my opinion. The lyrics are angry and aggressive and the music is too happy and poppy.

oh and I'm not sure about Careful. I love the instrumentals but I feel like the singing weakened it.

oh and i love the studio version of the where the lines overlap. so except for those two, I love all the songs.

^ Hey we should go to a gig together when Paramore come to AZ

:D

(Just saying. XD)

haha definitely! pm or something!

But anyway, listened to it. I kind of love how Playing God instrumentally sounds really optimistic but lyrically it's angry. I took as an actual representation of how they always made themselves appear happy and content when really they were all incredibly angry inside.

....i'm going to bet a lot of money that by the end of the week i'll be the only one here who hasn't listened to anything but ignorance and bbbb :P

I totally win ALREADY:p

I haven't heard a single song off the album yet:cool: and I will not cave in until I get my legit Deluxe Edition:cool: which will probably take longer to ship to Australia than it will to your house anyway.

So hand over 200 Canadian dollars, you loooooooooooooose:mrgreen:

sweet deal 8-)

the way i see it, i paid $50 for this album

i want to be excited when it gets here

if i listen to it on repeat for the next week, i'm not going to be as excited

i can hold off 8 more days

though i'm sure if this leaked more than a week in advance i wouldn't have as much will power haha

I paid 70 dollars.

70 damn dollars

70 damn bucks

70 damn cents times 100

70 friggen dollars because I am Australian

Capitalism, it's just not fair:crybad:

Listened to it all last night.

Started off with Careful which I didn't like after the first listen, but after a few more I've decided that's it's pretty awesome. That must have raised my expectations somewhat, as I was left very disappointed come the end of the album.

Didn't do anything for me. Absolutely gutted.

i've listened to it about 25 times and first couple of listens i wasn't sure but now i'm addicted to it. i love every track but favourites are BBBB, Where The Lines Overlap, Playing God and Looking Up.

it's not just an album i love for the songs but the lyrics are so amazing and the songs on this album pretty much sum up my life atm. it's not very often i hear an album that has that effect on me

im gonna post a mini review, i've had it on repeat pretty much since yesterday

careful: It's weird with lyrics now, (so used to the instrumental) but in a good way :) it's definately better with lyrics. Not quite the melody line i was expecting.. sorta hard to sing along to, but overall it's an amazing song :D

Ignorance: nuff said

playing god: ok same as lots of people have said, i thought it was going to be more agressive, and i was slightly dissapointed with the whole idea of Josh and Hayley doing that call and response thing, i mean sure it was there, but josh just kept repeating the same lyric, and like idk. was expecting moree :)

Brick by boring brick: nuff said

Turn it off: ok this song suprised me, on a first listen i thought it was going to be real boring, but when hayley comes in with that amazing note on 'Again' that in itself won the song over for me :)

The only exception: this one took a bit of time to get used to. It's pretty dreary at first, but it does grow on you. I think it's amazing now, there's something really delicate about it :) although i was expecting something completely different, it's still a good track

Feeling sorry: i've yet to warm to this song. It really really reminded me of New Year's Day stuff. idk, it's sort of like here and gone. Nothing tooo memorable about it if you know what i mean. It's slightly too poppy sounding for me too. One of the weaker tracks on the album imo

Looking up: I can imagine this being great live, but even still, it's not a particulary memorable song. the whole 'whoa whoa' parts are catchy, but again it's a bit too poppy sounding, another one of the weaker tracks on the album.

Where The Lines Overlap: like others have said i think i prefer this song live. Everything sounds slightly seperated on the recorded version, idk if that's just me... Vocals are amazing though, it just lacks that sort of energy i guess compared to the live version.

Misguided Ghosts: This is one of my favourite tracks on the album. It's pretty much what i was expecting. It's nice to hear like a softer side to hayley's voice. The guitar part is beautiful as well.

All i wanted: This probably is my favourite track on the album. Even though the lyrics are pretty repetetive, hayley's vocals make it an irrelevant issue. Got serious goosebumps when the band cuts out and she screams 'all i wanted was you'. :)

Overall i'd give the album 8/10. Dissapointed with Feeling Sorry and Looking Up, but theyre still decent tracks, and the other tracks are round about what i was expecting and hayley's vocals and the bands playing is consistent throughout. It's a great effort! Pretty amazing album :D

I can't really put it into words but this is really ten thousand steps up from Riot!

I fell in love with The Only Exception and Misguided Ghosts.

There's so much emotion and effort put into the entire album it's amazing.

Edit:

And I do agree, I really miss the Let the Flames Begin style.

And Hallelujah.

And I also do agree with the fact that The Only Exception is a bit like a super dragged out song.

Takes a while to get used to.

Anyway:

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Ignorance that much, or at all?

It really annoys me, tbh.

I really never liked the yelling so much.

^^I agree with that Erica!

There is something missing from this album it's lacking on all accounts and it's really starting to make me cringe the more I listen to it. It's not an awful album but it's not a good album either......

Yep, there's a lack of passion to hear in Hayley's singing. I'm really disappointed on Where The Lines Overlap, it could be so raw and rough but instead of those it's just blah.

But I'm very happy that there's no slow songs like We Are Broken (no offense, that song is boooring to me). Really loving Misguided Ghosts and Only Exception.

Best songwriting this far.

Holy shizzle.

The Only Exception and All I Wanted.. I adore those, they're brilliant, really. I already loved WTLO since my first listen from the No Doubt tour.

A few songs didn't sink in.. So I'll need to give a few more listens.

The only one that didn't really interest me is Turn It Off. *shrug*

I'm really pleased with what I've heard so far though.

EDIT: Misguided Ghosts? :/ I was expecting something epic...

Yep, there's a lack of passion to hear in Hayley's singing. I'm really disappointed on Where The Lines Overlap, it could be so raw and rough but instead of those it's just blah.

But I'm very happy that there's no slow songs like We Are Broken (no offense, that song is boooring to me). Really loving Misguided Ghosts and Only Exception.

Best songwriting this far.

Agreed.

I was expected the "God! I'm gonna pour it ALL out" songs.

But it was the "God! I'm gonna pour out what I think sounds good."

There wasn't really that song where they want to break something in three thousand pieces. (I don't think Ignorance did any justice to that feeling, either)

i was really gunna try and hold off until the 29th but i will be listening to the full CD when i get home from school =(..last night i listened to WTLO and All I Wanted and thats all it took for my will power to break..."all i wanted" is probally the song that truley shows you how hayleys voice has improved and grown and it just makes you feel so warm inside..