First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

Making this about the songs:

1. Careful. I love the intro riff it's just so cool. I have loved it since I heard the instrumental which was somewhere in the summer. The melody of the song rocks so hard! Freaking amazing! It's so great and simple song so I learnt the lyrics & melody almost righ away! Gotta say this is my fave from the record. I heard it first time yesterday and I think I have listened to this song only about 5 times and still it feels like I had known it for weeks! Gotta say that it's unbeliavable that they can still make amazing paramorish songs like this. 10/10

2. "Ignorance" Already heard but I gotta say that I freaking love it. I had to listen to it about 5 times before it really got to me totally. Well, the first time I heard this was in something like May and it was this pretty good live version from Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas. When I finally started to sing along I just realized how great it is! It kinda reminds me of "Fences", which is my fave Paramore song of all time! I just love the hate and anger which you can feel in Ignorance. The lyrics are totally one of the best lyrics that Paramore has written, at least I think so. It just really hit the spot cause when I sing this they just feel like my own. That don't happen that often. When I sing this song it just reminds me of one person and it just makes the song feel so much more real to me. I can't get enough of this song! Tho I though so (cause it's the single) but seriously! Amazingness 10/10

3. Playing God Well it's one of my favourite tracks from the cd. Tho the lyrics are pretty interesting when Hayley is singing about breaking fingers but honestly I'm not that kinda person who really cares about the lyrics that much. Anyways back to topic I also though this would be a bit more agressive but I really like it the way it is. Amazing melody and instruments. This just really impressed me tho I had read here that some of you guys didn't like it that much. But honestly I can say that this is very great song with an awesome cute melody. So yeah I think that I'll like it even more after I have listened to it a few times more 10/10

4. Brick By Boring Brick I had already heard this one too. I loved it since the first time I listened it from youtube as the MTV Unplugged version. It's so simple and I think it has the cutest lyrics! But I might say that only cause English ain't my mothertongue but anyways. This song just rocks! I really don't know what to say it's just awesome the way it is. Hayley and her great vocals, those awesome instruments really fit the song and it has many different parts which I really like. I just can imagine this as the next single (which it maybe actually will be?). I hope it will cause it has lots of potential to be Paramore's single. Mesa love <3 10/10

5. Turn it Off At first when I listened to this song I had to admit that I was a bit dissappointed. You guys have just admired this song so much so I though it would be some superb song with a great attitude and a bit more faster etc. But anyways when I have listened to this a few times more (well actually it's my 3rd time listening to this now so xD) I started to like it. I can already sing along the chorus which is very good but something's now there. I think the lyrics are ok and the melody is ok but I bet it will be more amazing after a few more listenings. Anyways I love the atmosphere in the song and how it sounds. It's not like ballad but it's not like a very fast song either. So haha yeah. I don't know what to say. It's ok. Well I like it a lot but it just... doesn't totally come to me yet. 8/10

6. The Only Exception I had very high expectations for this song. But when I listened to it I just felt like it was totally different than the "The Only Exception" which I had in my mind, heh. But when I started listening to it I just had this one word in my mind and it was "aww". Cause this song is extreamely cute and has such a sweet slow simple melody. I love it cause it's so simple. And it has great peaceful melody on it and it's not like this crying ballad kind. So I actually like it pretty much. It just feel so cute and unique. 9/10

7. Feeling Sorry When I listened to BNE first time I was like "yay a fast song"! But when I started to listen it I was like "yeaaaaah it's good". And it really is good but it's not the best you know. I feel like I have heard a song like this before. It kinda reminds me of "Miracle" I dunno why. But anyways I like this song but I don't love it, probably like it more after a few more listenings at least I hope so (: 7/10

8. Looking Up I really liked this song from the first listening! It just had the right kinda attitude and melody! I started to sing along pretty fast cause the melody is simple and simply amazing! The part "I can't believe we almost hung it up, We're just getting started" just made the song & it just impressed me right away! Really cool song tho I feel like it could have been a bit more agressive. I think Im in love with this song soon! 9/10

9. Where the Lines Overlap I fell in love with this song right away from the first listening. I actually began to like this sooner than I started to like "Ignorance"! First time I heard this song (yep Mandalay Bay version again!) it just impressed me with the melody right away! Great vocals and I like the version they made for the real track. Tho I'm kinda used to the live version, I really (surprisely) like the studio version better! ;) These kinda Paramore songs I like! More of these please! Btw, I really love the ending it's just so sweet. :3 10/10

10. Misguided Ghosts When I first time listened to this it didn't feel Paramorish at all! It doesn't feel Paramorish now either but it's a simple & beautiful song. It reminds me of one song but I can't remember what song was it! Well anyways it doesn't matter. I really like the title "Misguided Ghosts". And I'm very impressed with the acoustic style on it but like I said it doesn't feel Paramorish at all so. But that's what I though about "Decode" at first so yeah. But anyways when I listened to this I started to feel a little weird cause it's so sad song. The first impression was something like ":| ?". I hope I will like it more asap cause now it just feels so weird to me. Heh. 7/10

11. All I wanted When I first heard this I felt like "no more slow songs please?". Somehow I feel that 4 slow songs in the album is just too much. But anyways I better just not to think about that and just get back to the song. It's very beautiful and has such a nice melody and lyrics. But still I felt like something's missing, again. But pretty song and melody I gotta say. 8/10

SORRY GOT A BIT TOO EXCITED WITH THE TEXT :rotfl:

when i first heard it, i thought it was really good, but it had to grow on me. then when i bought the cd yesterday and listened to it by myself with it blaring and the lyrics in my hands(like how a you should listen to a album for the first time), and i'm totally blown away by it. i love it. the only thing i'm a little disappointed in is that i wish there was a song with piano as the main instrument. i was kinda hoping Misguided Ghosts was like that, but it wasn't. otherwise, an amazing album. worth the wait.

...really? I thought it was pretty obvious.

Well I don't. I don't know EVERYTHING about the band. and if it's about something that went on before Riot! was released, I don't really know about it. I didn't know about Paramore until April 2007.

JOOSH.

the 'your days are numbered at 24' is a bit of a through off right enough.

But Josh isn't 24.

I read in an article that it's not actually about anyone? I'm trying to remember which article it was, I read it last night, it was a scan from a magazine, I don't remember which magazine though :/

Okay, thanks. I heard somewhere someone thought it was about Hunter, now I don't really know anything about that, since I wasn't formiliar with the band at that time.

While were at that, can anyone explain to me (because I've always wondered) why there are 5 bandmembers on All We Know Is Falling in the credits, but only four on the back of the album.

And how and why they aren't in the band anymore. If I remember correctly someone got married, but I'm not too sure about it.

While were at that, can anyone explain to me (because I've always wondered) why there are 5 bandmembers on All We Know Is Falling in the credits, but only four on the back of the album.

And how and why they aren't in the band anymore. If I remember correctly someone got married, but I'm not too sure about it.

1. there's five members credited and only four on the album cover because jeremy freaked out while they were recording so he left the band for a while

that's why he's not on the album cover, but i believe he's credited on a few songs because they recorded them before he left

2. jason left a while ago, can't exactly remember why

hunter left before riot! and i'm pretty sure he's the one who you're referring to about getting married