First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

1. there's five members credited and only four on the album cover because jeremy freaked out while they were recording so he left the band for a while

that's why he's not on the album cover, but i believe he's credited on a few songs because they recorded them before he left

2. jason left a while ago, can't exactly remember why

hunter left before riot! and i'm pretty sure he's the one who you're referring to about getting married

Thanks!

but I don't think Jeremy is the one credited. Probably Hunter and Jason. And I haven't checked out the songs individually what credits go.

And who's on the cover? Jason or Hunter?

Isn't All We Know about Jeremy and they're not playing it live anymore because of that? I thought I heard something like that in an interview once.

Man, I've got so much stored in my mind, but uhm, it won't come out right.

Thanks!

but I don't think Jeremy is the one credited. Probably Hunter and Jason. And I haven't checked out the songs individually what credits go.

Isn't All We Know about Jeremy and they're not playing it live anymore because of that? I thought I heard something like that in an interview once.

Man, I've got so much stored in my mind, but uhm, it won't come out right.

yeah, all we know is about jeremy

john hembree is listed as a member, he filled in for tours and things while jeremy was gone but he's missing from the band photos

yeah, all we know is about jeremy

john hembree is listed as a member, he filled in for tours and things while jeremy was gone but he's missing from the band photos

aaah okay. Now I get it.

:D

You know, I just realized yesterday while listening to BBBB and looking at the album cover, those two are related. whaha.

i do think this is their best album so far. the lyrics are so good, for the lack of a better word, on this album. alot of the lyrics just get stuck in my head. i saw a review of the album online and it said if you play the cd in the background you cant really tell when one song ends and another begins. i only agree with that statement for feeling sorry and looking up. although they are my current favorites, i wish they would have spread out the faster songs. i feel like the album starts off strong and loud, then gets more calm, and then it gets more agressive again.

^ agreed 100%

it's def. more personal to me as a fan, because i know the meaning behind most of the songs, or at least can figure it out. everytime the song goes into "i can't believe we almost hung it up" i get chills. i know what they write about it real and that's probably what makes me love it so much more than the others. AWKIF, i didn't know them as much personally when it came out, riot! was fun and catchy, but brand new eyes is real.

• Like 1

^ agreed 100%

it's def. more personal to me as a fan, because i know the meaning behind most of the songs, or at least can figure it out. everytime the song goes into "i can't believe we almost hung it up" i get chills. i know what they write about it real and that's probably what makes me love it so much more than the others. AWKIF, i didn't know them as much personally when it came out, riot! was fun and catchy, but brand new eyes is real.

i feel the same way tbh

words cannot express how much i love it turn it off right now

wow

"next time you point a finger, i'll point you to the mirror" i think it describes how everyone is always judging hayley and the band. like why do you care what color hair she has? or omgzzz hayleyzzz outfit sux! it's her hair, her style. your not wearing it, so if you don't like it why does it matter?

I feel as though Playing God is written to me haha

My whole group friends have changed A LOT of the summer and a lot of them have started to participate in things I do not necessarily approve of...and I've almost been alienating them for it and thinking better of myself because I don't do all that stuff, when really I should be taking a look at myself.

When I read Hayley's explanation of the song it hit me like a brick because the person she was talking about was me.

Needless to say I've started to try and turn my outlook around and repair those relationships.

• Like 1

^ thats a great example. i'm glad you are trying to make things work out :) it's great how songs, in general, can be interpreted to mean something special to different people. that's one of the reasons i love music so much. alot of people are like i just listen to whatever comes on the radio..but i like to find a deeper meaning into certain songs.

I feel as though Playing God is written to me haha

My whole group friends have changed A LOT of the summer and a lot of them have started to participate in things I do not necessarily approve of...and I've almost been alienating them for it and thinking better of myself because I don't do all that stuff, when really I should be taking a look at myself.

When I read Hayley's explanation of the song it hit me like a brick because the person she was talking about was me.

Needless to say I've started to try and turn my outlook around and repair those relationships.

oooh, where does she explain the song? Is it in the deluxe edition or something? I just really wanna read it now haha.

ok here's how I feel about the album atm. It could easily change once I listen to it a while longer but here it goes...

I think brand new eyes is pretty boring overall. The standout tracks are minimal and almost all of the songs seem a bit repetitive. Don't get me wrong, it a good album but for paramore's standards I think they could have done better. After hearing the lftb intro/ outro, miracle outro, and the acoustic version of my heart, all of which were created after riot came out, i was expecting more epic passionate songs. I find myself skipping a lot of key tracks on here simply because I don't even really remember them. Having said all of that my favorite songs are Careful, Where the lines Overlap, Brick by boring brick, and my favorite so far All I Wanted

ok here's how I feel about the album atm. It could easily change once I listen to it a while longer but here it goes...

I think brand new eyes is pretty boring overall. The standout tracks are minimal and almost all of the songs seem a bit repetitive. Don't get me wrong, it a good album but for paramore's standards I think they could have done better. After hearing the lftb intro/ outro, miracle outro, and the acoustic version of my heart, all of which were created after riot came out, i was expecting more epic passionate songs. I find myself skipping a lot of key tracks on here simply because I don't even really remember them. Having said all of that my favorite songs are Careful, Where the lines Overlap, Brick by boring brick, and my favorite so far All I Wanted

I think people need to listen to each song 5 times before reviewing. :rotfl: