First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to give it another chance because my first impression was pretty bad, I have decided that the only 2 tracks I can listen to consistently are 1 and 5. The whole album as a whole is way way way too poppy for my taste, I miss the slightly darker sounding Paramore of the previous albums. The songs don't stand out as anything really fresh or interesting. Out of 5 stars I would give this album a 2.5, and this is coming from a once big fan. If this new album had the feel that the song Decode had it would be so much better, that song actually moves me in some way this album just bores me.

Just from watching some of the live videos as well and the Conan performance, the new material just doesn't have the same energy or vibe at all.

^ not talking about you but ive wanted to say this and you just bumped the thread for me to say it haha

i find it funny how some people are criticizing this album like they are some kind of musical genious and know everything there is about good music. giving a whole novel of a review... haha i find it pretty entertaining lol

^ haha true

im in love with the whole album, turn it off is my favourite, those again notes, are just :neutral:

the only song im not too mad about is feeling sorry. so gutted actually, i watched the making of brand new eyes documentary and if any of you guys have heard the original chorus, it's soo much better. had they used the original chorus, feeling sorry wouldve been one of my favourites...

BUTT they didn't soo you know, life goes on. i'd still call it a 'tune' though :P

^ not talking about you but ive wanted to say this and you just bumped the thread for me to say it haha

i find it funny how some people are criticizing this album like they are some kind of musical genious and know everything there is about good music. giving a whole novel of a review... haha i find it pretty entertaining lol

Im not claiming to be a musical genius. Maybe you are musically ignorant? I'm just saying I listen to certain bands because they give me chills or move me or create some mood in me. This album is sterile, generic and uninspiring in my opinion.

ummm yeah i wasnt talking about you, chill... damn :nono: hahahaha

i dont care if you dont like the album

that statement was for the people who wrote a monster of a review,no matter if it was a good one or a bad.

ANYWAY...

sam i dont know if i liked the original for feeling sorry better or not. i like em both