First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

I like that we have negative and positive views on the album as it shows that people on here actually have some individual thought into the album instead of saying it's great like mindless drones.....saying that though when certain members of the forum find this topic it will be just like that :rotfl:

hahahah you're so right

...I'm stoked on the butterflies.

...And slow on the uptake, HQ is only just downloading now and i've only heard the bootlegs so far. I'll save my judgement for the real sound.

I'm not quite sure if my opinion is going to change or not. we'll see.

BUT STOKED ON THE BUTTERFLIES.

edit: WAIT ONLY FOUR BUT THAT MAKES IT LOOK SO UNEVEN. shit i'm gonna have to spam everything. brb.

...:shifty:

Careful was good. Next four were nothing special. The Only Exception was pretty awful, almost sounds like a poor man's Avril Lavigne (go ahead, shoot me). The next two songs (Feeling Sorry, Looking Up) are probably the two best on the album with Looking Up just trumping Feeling Sorry for the top spot. Where the Lines Overlap, I said at the time, was better than Ignorance and the album proves it for me, quality tune. Misguided Ghosts sounds like it could've been a Jose Gonzales song, which is good shit. All I Wanted is okay, nothing special. 7/10 if you want a simple rating.

i 5 starred both feeling sorry & looking up on itunes, so i guess they're my favorites as well aside from where the lines overlap and brick by boring brick.

i think misguided ghosts sounds like jose gonzales as well.. or a particular modest mouse track (similiar guitars) that i can't remember the name of at the minute..

playing god reminds me of a jimmy eat world song as well. again, can't remember which i'm meaning off the top of my head.

just listened to album through for first time.. (judge me if u want.. will still buy it on monday)

Misguided ghosts, Wanted and Where the lines overlap are all very good songs, especially Misguided ghosts

think its obvious which 3 songs r the singles off the CD (Brick By Boring Brick, Ignorance (Duh!) and Where the lines overlap)

Seems like a more "grown up" CD, not as poppy as last release, may upset a few people who have grown to love RIOT! but shows band growth, which is good

Think first listen was good, may take a few months before i appreciate it as much as AWKIF and Riot!! :mrgreen:

i 5 starred both feeling sorry & looking up on itunes, so i guess they're my favorites as well aside from where the lines overlap and brick by boring brick.

i think misguided ghosts sounds like jose gonzales as well.. or a particular modest mouse track (similiar guitars) that i can't remember the name of at the minute..

playing god reminds me of a jimmy eat world song as well. again, can't remember which i'm meaning off the top of my head.

I think I might try and remember the MM/JEW tunes cause now you mention it, I'm starting to hear it.

Hokay, here we go.

I am fully and undeniably stoked on Careful and Misguided Ghosts. They are full on tunes and exactly the two type of songs i was hoping for in a new release.

The vocals on All I Wanted are unbelievable, however, it reminds me of those solo project songs that Hayley did that were leaked/released/whatever, which kinda unstokes me because i really didn't like any of them (don't hate me). But the thought of hearing this song live makes it tolerable.

fully undecided on Playing God. I saw the lyrics a while back and i just didn't imagine it at all like this. i mean, i don't dislike it, good poppy vibe if that's what you're after, i just ...don't really care about it. the same goes for The Only Exception. i don't not like it, it's just so bland bland bland bland. bland new eyes. no wait. anyway.

BBBB, Ignorance, WTLO, Decode i'm all over. well, not exactly. just i've heard them enough for them to be stored in my "i-will-listen-to-this-because-i-love-familiarity-and-it's-nice" banks. plus i'm doing BBBB for my media studies A2 project (my friend's choice, not mine) so no doubt i'll be sick of it soon one way or another anyway. WTLO i preferred live.

turn it off and looking up are tunes. that's all i have to say on the matter because i'm getting bored of myself.

8/10, i think. maybe 7. maybe 9 if i'm in a good mood. i don't know, generally i'm stoked, which is good enough for me. as soon as this arrives on tuesday it's going in my car and being played on repeat for the rest of the year, i should imagine, whether i end up loving it or not.

it's not bad it just hasnt grabbed my attention/interest

WTLO is alot faster live.

oh and i really love looking up

concurred on all counts.

as an extra point, i really do love misguided ghosts, a lot.

do you think i like looking up?

|

|

|

V

no, i think you're a spambitch.

i like how its an album of two halves - the first is pretty negative/venting/angry, while the second is all for being optimistic. clev-eerrr.

oh i see what they did tharrr !