Albums of the year/decade

Hiroki

Ok it was a bit too early to do the albums of the year (though you should all be thinking about it) so I decided to ask you what are your albums of the year (so far)?

and what are your albums of the decade? and why?

Now knowing that most of you would have been like 5/6 years old at the start of the decade this may lead to an interesting list which could lead to a lot of people finding out new bands (which is nice) and please remember just because this is a paramore site it doesn’t mean they have to be on your list :)

So list away

Most of mine would be in the last couple of years seeing as I've only really been 'into' music since then :P

So this year... Not really in any order, and probably isn't right, and will change round a lot :P

Everything To Nothing - Manchester Orchestra

Leaving Everything Behind - Flood Of Red

Vivarium - Twin Atlantic

Pain Agency - Sucioperro

Duke Pandemonium - Marmaduke Duke

Humbug - Arctic Monkeys

VersaEmerge - VersaEmerge

And So I Watch You From Afar - And So I Watch You From Afar

Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy

Daisy - Brand New

Nice Andrew I love that Dananananaykroyd one :D

there's no way i can narrow it down to best albums of the decade

this year alone is hard enough hahaha

for this year, i'm saying versaemerge's self-titled ep

and that's honestly all i can come up with without listing pretty much everything i listen to :P

Well then just say which ones you like from 2000-2009 then :D

Oh nevermind, sleep deprivation again, fuck i.e me not reading the original post properly, so apologies Lee:p

Interesting on choosing The Incident, Andrew/ Monkee. I'm a big fan of In Absentia and Dead Wing, but honestly ended up deleting the new album off my computer because it just left me cold. Steve Wilson is a great musician (and so are the rest of the band) but the album really didn't do it for me:(

I don't think Crack the Skye is Mastodon's best either (my favorite is Levithan) but it's still pretty freaking good, so great choice theere.

I've heard literally none of Matt's/Kwiksilva's list lol.

Brand New Eyes looks like a contender for one of this year's best for me. I'll give it a little more time first though, but it's already pretty slammin' for the few times I've heard it.

Ok I'm doing one now, just because I can't help myself and in no particular order and for this year. The decade really is a difficult one:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

The Thermals - Now We Can See

The Antlers - Hospice

Swan Lake - Enemy Mine

Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

Mew - No More Stories / Are Told Today / I'm Sorry / They Washed Away / No More Stories / The World Is Grey / I'm Tired / Let's Wash Away

Handsome Furs - Face Control

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest