Brand New Eyes goes for #1 in U.S.

thebrowncoat

• 2 months later...
yea im the same way with you two. i loved the days when it was me and my brother up front and no real struggle to stay there and just chillin with them after the show and bein able to hang for the night. oh well. times are changing.

I feel exactly the same way. What happened since AWKIF?

Smartass. I mean what Happened to the GOOD OLD DAYS

I guess people just heard of them and they got big.

it's not like it's a bad thing they're mainstream. it's just paramore fans that think they are all hardcore and know like 2 songs annoy me.

Yeah that annoys me too. Especially when those two songs are decode and i caught myself :P

What happened to the good old days when people would've gotten excited for their favourite band getting new fans and listeners? You guys need to find a band that wants to stay as some kind of revered treasure of the inner circle, and good luck trying to find one. Paramore were ridiculously good at what they did and they hit it big, that's life. What about the newer fans who will mostly likely NEVER get to hang out with the band like you guys did?

Just...be happy, you don't have it that bad :P

• Like 1

What happened to the good old days when people would've gotten excited for their favourite band getting new fans and listeners? You guys need to find a band that wants to stay as some kind of revered treasure of the inner circle, and good luck trying to find one. Paramore were ridiculously good at what they did and they hit it big, that's life. What about the newer fans who will mostly likely NEVER get to hang out with the band like you guys did?

I like you.

You've hit the nail a quarter of the way in. As for revered treasures, ive found plenty where i live. im not knocking on them for getting big. i knew it would happen from day one. its just that feeling i had that i miss the most.

it's not like it's a bad thing they're mainstream. it's just paramore fans that think they are all hardcore and know like 2 songs annoy me.

Im sure there are fans of many other bands who feel exactly the same way.

Smartass. I mean what Happened to the GOOD OLD DAYS

It was a joke. :D

I don't see the fuss in them having new fans/twilight fans. It's fans all the same and it's getting them a number 1 album in the UK and making them money, which means they will make more music for the fans. At the end of the day, thats all I care about, is listening to the music.

^ example: i JUST met them in october 09, seen them in 06 and been in the fanclub since it started.

im an older fan and it annoyed me SO SO SO much when they started to get big, not gunna lie

but i'm over it, whatever. it happens to bands, complaining about it isn't going to help.

ive been there thru the new fans from riot and the new fans from twilight and alot of people are bitching just cuz of the twilight fans.

idk why people are making such a big deal over it. paramore is happy.... no one owns them no matter when or how they got into them.

i just think it's all stupid.

but i just ignore all of that and all i care about is that I'M a fan, i dont care who else likes them or not. all thats important is that i do.

yeah it sucks because they don't seem as personal to me anymore, i cant see them in smaller places, ticket prices will go up, i cant easily get to the front when i see them anymore, and it's not as easy to meet them and have a full conversation with them.

i DO wish it was still like back in the day but it will never be like that again and by getting mad about it just isn't worth it and it's not going to change how it is now

^ example: i JUST met them in october 09, seen them in 06 and been in the fanclub since it started.

im an older fan and it annoyed me SO SO SO much when they started to get big, not gunna lie

but i'm over it, whatever. it happens to bands, complaining about it isn't going to help.

ive been there thru the new fans from riot and the new fans from twilight and alot of people are bitching just cuz of the twilight fans.

idk why people are making such a big deal over it. paramore is happy.... no one owns them no matter when or how they got into them.

i just think it's all stupid.

but i just ignore all of that and all i care about is that I'M a fan, i dont care who else likes them or not. all thats important is that i do.

yeah it sucks because they don't seem as personal to me anymore, i cant see them in smaller places, ticket prices will go up, i cant easily get to the front when i see them anymore, and it's not as easy to meet them and have a full conversation with them.

i DO wish it was still like back in the day but it will never be like that again and by getting mad about it just isn't worth it and it's not going to change how it is now

I felt exactly the same way for a while.

and the personal touch is the feeling i miss!

Ren

Even though I only got into paramore this past January, I'd like to consider myself a Yankee(for those that don't get this reference, it means earning your stripes) I'd like to think I can be accepted by ALL paramore fans because I'm not just a fly by fan, I bought all their albums, know all their songs, I'm not just a fan becUse of twilight, etc....have I become a Jedi warrior paramorefans??? LOL