Confession Thread - Part 8

RenegadeRoss

Haha, I bet! :rotfl: I listened to Awake again a couple of days ago, and fuck, Petrucci knew how to play a guitar solo back then. Both of Lie's solos are absolutely amazing.

Uuh, was Panic Attack played with a 7 stringer or wut? That would be a killer song to play.

That's quite odd really. I did pretty much the same thing with Awake.

I put it on for the first time in a while 2 days ago, and was just blown away by how innovative it truly is. Great guitar solos too, as you said.

I honestly reckon they were more metal when they weren't trying to be metal.

Panic Attack? I thought that was in Bb, and played on a baritone guitar in the studio. It's be possible to play the riffs on a 7 string detuned a semi tone I suppose.

That's quite odd really. I did pretty much the same thing with Awake.

I put it on for the first time in a while 2 days ago, and was just blown away by how innovative it truly is. Great guitar solos too, as you said.

I honestly reckon they were more metal when they weren't trying to be metal.

Panic Attack? I thought that was in Bb, and played on a baritone guitar in the studio. It's be possible to play the riffs on a 7 string detuned a semi tone I suppose.

They've gone in a new direction since the year 1994, no way in hell will they be able to top Awake in it's everythingness.

I honestly had no idea it was played on a baritone guitar, but I guess you're right.

I confess Jack's Mannequin was really good on The Daily Show.

I heard Jack's Mannequin for the first time when they played in Conan. It inspired me to check out Something Corporate but Jack's Mannequin was...forgotten. :shifty:

I can't be sure if it was Panic Attack, since honestly I haven't heard Octavarium in about a year, but I do know for sure one of the songs on there is in Bb or Ab and played on a 6 string.

Petrucci needs some 8 string action happening, would revitalize the band me thinks.

Or perhaps make them too brutal for the general DT fan base.

SoCo is better than JM if you like good pop rock.

JM is more for the piano rock kids.

Well sounds like I need to get into JM, then!

I can't be sure if it was Panic Attack, since honestly I haven't heard Octavarium in about a year, but I do know for sure one of the songs on there is in Bb or Ab and played on a 6 string.

Petrucci needs some 8 string action happening, would revitalize the band me thinks.

Or perhaps make them too brutal for the general DT fan base.

I checked and it looks like it is indeed Panic Attack. I think DT should make an acoustic album and get as far away as possible from the sound they currently have. THAT would be revitalizing.

Have you seen those "you say Jonas Brothers - I say Slipknot" type of comments in Youtube?

That's when I remember this:

HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

And then I wonder if there's been any progress in his device.

No, when he's behind the computer talking to the guy talking shit, his computer stabs the poor bastard in the face, is more what I meant.

also, back to what I was saying earlier

""I PITY HTE FOOL WHO DOESNT COMPREHEND PROGROCK