Confession Thread - Part 8

RenegadeRoss

See, i've been skating for the past, ...shit nearly 5 years of my life, and yeah i started off skating that much and for that long ;-) but soon that dwindled down. school work, i got a job, took up smoking, got a boyfriend... just little things that get in the way mean i don't skate as much as i used to, and can't skate as long as i used to as i have literally destroyed my ankles/lungs in the past couple of years. still love it though, it just doesn't keep me as fit as i'd like haha !

See, i've been skating for the past, ...shit nearly 5 years of my life, and yeah i started off skating that much and for that long ;-) but soon that dwindled down. school work, i got a job, took up smoking, got a boyfriend... just little things that get in the way mean i don't skate as much as i used to, and can't skate as long as i used to as i have literally destroyed my ankles/lungs in the past couple of years. still love it though, it just doesn't keep me as fit as i'd like haha !

Oh I get what you mean, certainly. 2 years ago, when I went through several girls, I pretty much never skated at all for months and months, since I only really had time left for going to parties and getting shit faced/stoned, hanging out with my girlfriends and playing guitar.

I've been skating for 6 years, but really, in the last 2 years I barely pick up my skateboard at all anymore.

I still kinda love the vibe from getting on a skateboard, but it isn't quite what it used to be now that barely any of my friends want to go skating anymore, and I basically totally suck now, can't even 360 flip anymore, poop.

You had to run to catch your skateboard that was escaping from you downhill or what?

I did had to do that sometimes actually ,lol.

You end up doing a fair bit of running in an extended skateboarding day, believe it or not.

I'd probably end up doing at least 2 or so km of running in a typical skating day all up, when you just add up all the little bits of running you do, either when you do one of those run ups and then jump on the board to get a good momentum happening before you pop a trick, or just chasing a runaway skateboard.

WTF is a disco nap?

Its a nap taken during the day because you know you are going out later that night and you don't want to be tired.

Its a phrase I made up when I was little but it turns out its an actual phrase.