New LJ Post Oct. 19 2009

cherry

Current location: BOSTON

Current mood: artistic

Current music: the swellers, of course.

Entry tags: friends, halloween, scream awards, tour, weeeeeee

sick day

i'm taking the day off.... i mean, we already have a day off today but I'm really taking it off. guys, i think i'm getting old! i should be out on the town, tearing up the streets... shopping on Newbury. anything!

or maybe i should stop making myself feel guilty for having some time to myself?

anyhoooo, tonight we're trying to organize a full on tour hangout. so these hours all alone are precious!

the tour keeps getting better and better. we're only, what, 5 shows in!? it's my favorite tour ever. i love the show, i love the bands we're out with, i love seeing you guys go nuts. it's all perfect. there couldn't have been a better way to put out the record and promote it. in fact, it's been so easy and so much fun that it doesn't really seem real. everyone's stoked on it from our friends to our label... and we're so proud of it! and the year's just going to keep getting better... cause after this we're heading overseas and we're bringing Paper Route with us again. and we'll have some of my good friends: Now, Now Every Children... along with our long time buddies in YOUMEATSIX. this whole year is turning into one big hang session. i like it.

Halloween is pretty much here. and we get to be home for it this year! it'll be nice to decorate my place and bake weed brownies for all the neighbors kids. JUST KIDDING. omg.. hahah it was word vomit! it ain't happening. i mean, i can't even bake regular brownies. so anyways. i still haven't figured out who or what i wanna be. what are you guys doin? i'd love to see some costumes! maybe i'll just shave my head for halloween... and say i'm sinead o'connor. easy right?

and speaking of scary sorts of things... who's caught up on Dexter? i'm up to episode 3 of season 4.

and another scary thing. the Scream Awards. we're actually nominated for "Decode"! i want to go so bad but obviously, we're on the other side of the country. honestly, i dunno who i want to win... us, Jace Everette for "Bad Things" - the theme from True Blood, or They Might Be Giants for the "Other Father Song" from Coraline! there's some gnarly competition. but vote away, if you'd like. check out all the songs, while you're at it:

http://www.spike.com/blog/scream-2009-song-of/87706

i love horror cinema so much. we may not ever be nominated again but i'll attend the Scream Awards one day.

okay, i gotta go eat. you guys be good!!!

see you at the show tomorrow, Boston :)

hayley