SECC cameras..??

BornForThis410

I feel like I'm asking loads of questions about this tour but it's my first concert so...

I'm going to the Glasgow SECC show on 10/12 and was wondering about camera's. The FAQ page of their site said;

• Can I bring a camera/video camera to the event?

It is general venue policy that cameras and audio/visual recording equipment will not be permitted into any event at the SECC. However, depending on the wishes of individual event organisers, this policy may or may not be strictly enforced at each event.

I've seen lots of videos on Youtube from the SECC so does anyone have any idea what the rules on camera's will be at the show next month?

Also, is anyone technical with camera's?? I wanted to know how good a zoom the camera I'm taking has because I can't seem to find it. It's saying megapixels and decimal numbers and stuff.. waay over my head.

Specs for the camera (Amazon UK page): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vivitar-Vivicam-4345-Digital-Camera/dp/B00080O3OQ

From quite near the front of the tiered seating will I be able to get a decent zoom to the stage?

Sorry for all these questions I keep asking.. I feel like I've asked loads.

Any help apprecitated! :)

Yeah you'll be fine with camera's, loads of people take camera's to gigs and the rules are generally not followed, snap away! :)

im not high up on camera specs, but depending on the lighting you could be able to get a decent photo.

A wee tip for you..

If you know anyone going with someone else who's in standing, let them go in the standing area, and then come back out with their ticket and their friend(s if more) and meet you, and then you can go back in with their friend's ticket stub for standing,

Thats if youd like to stand :)

Basically as long as your not near the front! Back in 2007 at mcr the boouncers actually took some cameras off people at the front if they were visible. Normally they go around when your queing aswell and just ask if you have one, as long as your not silly enough to say you do then your SORTED :D