Dubstep and DnB

Sophie_*!

Wondering if anyone else is a fan?

If you haven't ever had a proper listen I'd advise it.

Go have a listen to Chase and Status, Rusko and TC.

And if you're into DJs check out PDex, GLP and Zane Lowe.

Fave song atm is Saxon by Chase and Status. Check it outttt.

Leave your views and comments and shizz :)

I took this as my chance to finally find out what dubstep actually is. Sounds like a lot of the sounds are from the harder edge of synth sounds, not terribly innovative but yeah, I don't see why they should be. I also like how the tempo and beat can vary a lot within a song. :)

The song "Saxon" seems to have borrowed from "Wherever I May Roam" :rotfl: I didn't expect that, but still a nice one!

*goes back to the depths of youtube for more gems*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes that skream mix is so good :) i'd reccommend anything by skream personally, big fan ! I'm sure i've mentioned them above but Nero and Chase and Status are rad - although C&S have gone everso mainstream these days i'm still a fan. I'd say try a bit of Benga if you like Skream, although he's gone fully skank and perhaps not to everyone's tastes ? I dunno, i dig ! DJ Fresh is so sick as well, i'd check some fresh tunes if i were you.

i am currently fully, fully in love with this tune

i know it's another ellie goulding mix but damn people do them so good, avit wired

I don't know if that's enough to be getting on with but that's generally what i'd say go for :) if you don't like i shan't be offended - i find that dub and dnb are such like, finicky genres for people if that makes sense, unlike pop/rock/metal etc. people can be like "i like pop" and be pretty sure about it, but you can hear one dub tune and love it one day and hear another the next and be like WHAT IS THIS SHIT ?! haha

Edited by Jorgi