Hayley in "Rainbow Connection?"

yourenotsam

"AHHH!!! Thank you! (ps i liked the guitar solo). RT @riversCuomo: @yelyahwilliams Just heard your vocals on "Rainbow Connection"! Amazing!!!"

Not only does Rivers Cuomo like Hayley's singing (:hyper:), but I'm confused...I never heard of this collaboration. Can anyone enlighten me, possibly link me to the song? Thanks.

This is the first anyone's heard about it. Here's the story Brent posted on LJ:

Weezer's collaborations won't be ending when the record is released on November 3, as they're also once again working with the Muppets on an album. According to Cuomo, the band is halfway through recording "The Rainbow Connection" for Muppets Remastered, an album of Muppet-centric tunes set to come out early next year.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/09/29/rivers-cuomo-weezer-country/

I'm warning you now, I'm going to die from too-much-cute when this comes out. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not to show my age or anything, but Karen Carpenter (AKA best female vocalist EVER) owned "Rainbow Connection". I maintain to this day that her soul was divided prior to reincarnation. Half of it went to Hayley and half of it went to Taylor Swift and that's why their voices are as amazing as they are.

Karen Carpenter trumps all female vocalists... ever. It's a terrible shame how she ended up dying.

Karen Carpenter was an angel on Earth, that girl could sing... and play drums. She was a fucking amazing drummer. I believe it was actually her move from behind the drums to the front that led her to guard her image and succumb to anorexia. It's a horrible shame because she was an amazing talent, and she was only 32 when she died.

when I think of all the musicians who died too young... Karen Carpenter, John Lennon, Shannon Hoon, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, I just wonder what kind of music the world is missing out on that would have been created had they lived a full life.