What Do You Love The Most About Paramore?

Jake

Paramore has earned my love for so many reasons. I get goosebumps every time I hear a song of theirs. Hayley is the person who made me analyze my voice and realize it's not too bad. Paramore has honestly changed my life. Their music, their passion, and their appreciation for it all.

^ You also have to respect the fact that they do all of this better than some musicians twice their age. For a band to be this talented both in the studio and live at such a young age is incredible and not something that you come across often.

Maybe it's cheesy, but everytime I listen to Looking Up and I hear the line "God knows the world doesn't need another band," I can't help but think, "Yeah, but the world does need a band like Paramore."

Yeah, whenever I see live clips of them in recent times, it just astounds me how much musical maturity they have and how well they perform.

As I've said before somewhere on this board, if Hayley could only sing half as well as she does live it would be incredible, but the fact she is always entertaining the crowd and just moving around stage so much just makes it seem almost ridiculous how talented she is.

The age of digital recording has had it's benefits, but it's unfortunately brought with it a seriously dark side as well.

The accessibility of digital recording now means people can produce things in their homes that are of equal or virtually almost equal quality of All We Know is Falling. If not the mastering aspect, at the least the mix aspect of the sound anyway.

Riot! and BNE would be impossible for a bedroom audio engineer to achieve as they are on a totally new level of audio quality to AWKIF.

But back to what I was saying, this digital revolution means any fucking hack that wants to be a rockstar in their own mind can start a band.

This presents a big problem, because quite frankly most people aren't cut out to be in a band and playing music, because they have nothing that could be remotely classed as talent.

There are now all sorts of tools that help shitty musicians (if they can even be called that) sound like professionals.

The unfortunate reality of the industry is that money is getting so tight, instead of being able to turn musicians away and telling them to practice their shit until they get it right or don't bother coming in and recording, studios are now just starting to take whatever clients they can get, no matter how fucking terrible the band/artist is.

It's a cycle that is unfortunately is contributing to the decline of the industry, most so in recent years than ever before, because more and more music coming out is just throwaway disposable garbage that people don't think is worth paying for anymore.

Sure, it's not like Paramore is devoid of using studio tools to sound better, but it's only done to enhance the sound and make it sound better, not to hide a lack of talent.

You can hear sample replacement on the drums and just little things like that which beef up the sound.

Some people consider this "Cheating" but it's ridiculous, because pretty much every professional mixing engineer nowadays does it, whether people want to accept it or not.

Fact is Zac can fucking play and David Bendeth himself said he pushed Zac hard to get the performances tight.

And indeed it's clear he pushed every member to get the best out of their performances.

I agree with everything people have been saying. Also, alot of their fans are really close age-wise to them so the things they're going through the same things as them and Paramore gives all their feelings a voice and a way to express them. That's why, when I listen to their songs, I can relate to them because I can compare them to my own life (especially Ignorance for certain reasons).

Yeah man, for sure.

Even though I wasn't a fan of the band when AWKIF came out, just the lyrical content and the vibe of the album reminds of me of when I was that age too, because there is only a month difference in age between me and Hayley.

When I listen to AWKIF, I get this sense of freedom that you have at that age 16, where the weight of responsibility on you isn't too heavy and you're still truly a kid discovery things in a kid-like way.

I mean, sure the song Whoa has some of the most fucking terrible lyrics a chorus of a song could ever have, but in a way I like it at the same time just because it just reminds me of the good times I had when I was 16.

Same for Riot! in a way, reminds me of the good times I had when I was 18, but also some of the emotional shit you go through and put up with as you're getting closer to becoming an adult.

And with BNE, I just remember putting it on, and thinking "Fuck, this is exactly where I'm at right now emotionally.

I know when I turned 20 and the months after, so much shit just hit me like a ton of bricks and I grew up faster and realized more in that short space of time than I had ever done in the past 5 years before that, and I wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing had happened to Hayley .

everrrrrrrry'tin.

literally, can't single one thing out. they're just perfect.

:roll:

I find it pretty hard to think you wrote that out and take it seriously to be honest.

Sure, they're a great band and all, but your post reminds of a thread that was posted here a while back asking about who thought they were too obsessed with the band.

Sure, you might love every song of theirs to bits and that's cool.

I don't personally, but as I said, that's cool and taste is subjective.

But perfect? Come on, what the fuck?

I bet if you spent 6 month living with a member of Paramore, you'd find plenty of things about them you wouldn't like.

I've never met a person that I've come to know quite well that didn't have something about them I didn't like and the older I've gotten the more I've had to accept this, even if sometimes I don't like to think it has to be this way.

There is only so long you can keep telling yourself a person/people are perfect, but eventually, you spend enough time around them and one day you have to finally admit to yourself they are flawed just like you and you have to take them for who they are, for their positive and negative attributes.

You think he members of Paramore always have good days, are always in a great mood and have never said anything bad to anyone ever?

Come on, get real, fuck.

As I said before, in my example of living with a member for 6 months, I guarantee if you give them the shits enough times, they are going to tell you to shut the fuck up and just leave them alone and they'll tell you they might be having a bad day or aren't in a good mood.

They're just fucking people, not gods immune to the negative aspects of life and the world.

When I learnt to stop having any kind of severe hero worship and realized that my once "perfect" heros weren't so perfect, had their bad days and and had their own problems and flaws like everyone I started to feel better about myself, because I knew that put me the same level as them as just being human.

• Like 1

I love them because of their passion and drive. A lot of bands make great music but they only make it because they are good at it and for the money. Paramore makes music because they love doing it, not because it's easy money in the bank. yeah the money is a perk, but just seeing them perform on stage, watching interviews, and just seeing them in the videos that they make/made especially in the Paramore gone crazy vids, you can tell that they are having fun and really truely love what they do and not simply because they know how to play guitar. They are a talented bunch of kids and it's awesome to see them or anyone in general do something that they love.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...