Review - Meet & Greet + Dublin, IRE Gig (links to pics and vids)

eefie

MEET AND GREET REVIEW

So after queing since 7.30am it was finaly time to que up for our meet and greets. After confusion about pit passes, and more general confusion we wer taking up stairs and lined up. Of course i was the first twat in line to meet them

I was turned around talking to my friend when I saw peoples point and shout and stuff, turned around and they’re walking right towards me!

Can’t really remember the first few minutes exactly, because I was incredibly starstruck. Josh came along first, and the rest kind of stood with them.

I welcomed them all back to Ireland and told them I’m one of the moderators of the street team, they thought it was awesome.

I handed Josh a card and a photograph from my friend megan, he signed my poster and moved on. Same for Zac, im so disappointed. They literally just moved down the line, bearly looking at fans, just signing and taking gifts. Up untill yesterday Zac was my favourite member after hayley – not any more.

Anyway – so next was Hayley! I told her I was so happy but nervous to be meeting her and she told me dont be at all! I gave her my card and megan’s photograph which she loved! She kept commenting on how nice Megan’s hair was. Ahaha. Then I took out a box and explained its from my girlfriend, who works in Starbucks and knows Hayley loves it. It was a dublin starbucks mug, and hayley LOVED it, she had a little freak out and told me to thank her so much! I told her I’m going to Manchester to see them too and she really appreciated it.

She signed my poster kindly, and i can’t remember what else she said – I was too starstruck.

Next was Jeremy and Taylor who we’re so kind. They signed our stuff and had a little talk etc when we gave them their gifts. After Taylor had finished signing he walked back up and me and megan got talking to him for ages. (Zac went to the corner to kick a little ball around with the lable rep) I was like “Dude! Where did all your hair and piercings go? I miss your hair”

And he said “I miss my hair too!! And I lost all my jewlery earlier in the tour, and I feel so naked all the time now!”

Then I told him how amazing his accent was, and he said he loved ours too. Aparently he thinks “he over-pronouncates too much” and we laughed cause i under-pronouncate, but he could understand our accents perfectly, waay lol

We had general chit-chat about how the tour was going, and I congratulated him on playing here for the first time as a full member of paramore, we laughed at why Ireland had to wait so long. He also really appreciated that I’m going to Manchester to see them too.

Because we wer running a little behind schedule, we wer put in groups of 6 for the photos. Again Josh and Zac just stood at the back, didnt put an arm around anyone, didnt really post. It was all halyey, jeremy and taylor making the effort.

We got talking a little to Jeremy after the photos, cause he had this really cool toy thing that I was jealous of.

Hayley was wearing a New Found Glory shirt, and some-one said “I like your shirt” and she replied “Thanks! I got the hook ups!” ahaha

After they left we were giving the pit passes, cause I almost cried when the lable rep said we had to rejoin the que. I stood forward and said “DUDEEEE! I’ve been here since 7.30 am to get a pit pass.” They took pitty on me I think cause the guy working at the venue was like “Calm! We’ll get you sorted!” and he gave us all one at the end – SOUND!

THE GIG ITSELF

Now, Now Every Children we’re amazing! Never really gave them much attention before, but they we’re the best support band in my oppinion. Paper Route wern’t bad, and YouMe@Six we’re good but I was getting so pissed off being squished at the barrier that I was just really impatient for Paramore.

And then PARAMORE came out. It was AMAZING! Here is a copy of the set list: (not entirely sure if its in order)

Intro

Ignorance

I Caught Myself

That's What You Get

Looking Up

Emergency

Crushcrushcrush

Turn it Off

Pressure

Careful

Where the Lines Overlap

The Only Exception

Decode

Misguided Ghosts

Misery Business

Brick By Boring Brick

The highlight of the night is when they came out after Decode for their encore all wearing personalised Irish Soccer Jerseys and each of them had a large inflateable football which they kicked into the crowd

At first I thought it was support for Ireland because of the world cup thing, but It was actually a present for the band from Warner Street Team (: They played for about an hour and a half, brilliant! Hayley vocals we’re amazing, I was right infront of Taylor, he had so much energy and all and all id give it 1001/10 (;

My Pictures can be found on my facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=130556&id=777098556

My Video for Looking Up where hayley waves at me (after me frantically trying to catch her attention) can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=130556&id=777098556

youll find all the others on my page, im gradually adding them. Sound quality isnt very hq, but its not the worst

(im impatiently awaiting my meet and greet pic lol)

Glad you had an awesome time. :)

As for Josh and Zac, don't take it personally when they're like that. They might joke around with people they know, but they're extremely quiet and withdrawn with people they don't. It just takes them a while to feel confortable around people. I've met them four times at m&gs or signings, and I didn't get any conversation out of either of them until I met them this past October, and I was a little shocked at how laidback and nice they were being. I'm not so much defending them as just saying they're like that most of the time. If you want them to talk, you kind of have to force them into a conversation, lol.