The Old School Crew.. You Know who You Are

Renith182

So cool to hate eh?

Not sure where Ren said anything about being better than anyone cause he knew of them a long time ago. Seems to me like he just wanted to see if the old people were still around.

Thanks man u read me like a book.

As for old people being around, i can see now why some have stayed, but can also see why alot of my buds have left.

Exactly.

So people, don't get your undies in a bunch over this thread, mkay? It's merely a trip down memory lane. No one ever said anything about being better than anyone else so let's not start that nonsense.

Thanks. I remember you from them days aswell. Im merely seeing whether old guys are still around and whether they remember that feeling. The Humble beginnings

The guy tries to make a nice, nostalgic thread, and all these little shits come and ruin the whole tone!

Just cos they spend half their days posting here and think they own the place doesn't mean they can get pissed when a conversation sparks that isn't initiated or involving them.

You know I'm right ;)

A guy who speaks the truth. One of the reasons why i probably dont see any of my old pals on here anymore

Its just all about feelings fellas

Just like growing up in different times, different feelings comes with the territory

For me the 90's were alot different than the late 2000's, same with old school and new school fans. You can have good, bad or a mix of both feelings about different times, just like i felt back then and now.

Saying that old school fans is better than new school fans isn't fair but it happens. Its stupid in a sense that its like saying im older than you, but if you had the choice you would've been born first. Somehow its all left to fate, and some people discover new bands earlier than others, only difference being when you discover them when they're small, it feels more SPECIAL because you feel like you're part of an exclusive club (Kinda like having a baby and seeing it grow up, and your kid ends up being great or a complete shithead) but when everyone is on the same bandwagon, it feels crowded in the end and you want to fuck off or you like the new company. It felt even more exclusive because the few i knew on here hailed from different parts of the world (Including myself) and its amazing to find a gem in other corners of the globe. Some might call it a crazy adventure.

Maybe old school paramorefans feel superior because they felt they had a BIGGER role in the bands development? Or maybe somewhat like me i feel nostalgic towards those times, because lets all face it, who the fuck wants to be amongst a million people chasing the same nickel and dime?

But new school Paramore fans have brought them to be an internationally known band, and whether they are loyal or the 'twilight' fans they're still supporting, and it might segregate some of us, but im sure its all the same for the band some of us love so much.

We're all guilty of jumping on the bandwagon, because there is probably another band who is starting to make it big, and you discovered them recently, and joined their forums only to find out there is a bunch of fellas, who have been with the band and on their forums for the last 6 years, and feel some hostility towards the newbies.

It doesnt seem like a 'cool' thing to know a band from music videos or mainstream media nowadays (maybe because theres alot of bullshit music out there), but im still honored to know that even though Paramore have grown so much, that they came from the most humble beginnings and are trying their best to maintain some sort of normality in their lifestyles. Riot and Brand new eyes may not have had such a profound impact on me than AWKIF, But things change and you dont always like it. and because you dont like what there is now, doesnt mean i and others cannot think about the good old days when things felt better or just plain right. Life ain't fucking fair, and we all have to deal with it and just move on. Its not the end of the world, but maybe an end of an era?

Ren

• Like 1

^agreed! I remember that feeling so well, back when i first heard Pressure,and just fell in love with this band right away. And i like the fact that ive been a fan since day one and all that goes with it. But like some people have said before, i dont think the old fans are better than the new ones. We all love and support Paramore and thats what its all about ;D

A guy who speaks the truth. One of the reasons why i probably dont see any of my old pals on here anymore

Thats why I rarely post anymore.

But yeah, something about early Paramore...I think for me it's cos it was that stage of development in my life where you learn who you are, and they were a band in a similar place both musically and personally. It was exciting! Plus every vid from warped 2006 just takes me back to that summer!

^agreed! I remember that feeling so well, back when i first heard Pressure,and just fell in love with this band right away. And i like the fact that ive been a fan since day one and all that goes with it. But like some people have said before, i dont think the old fans are better than the new ones. We all love and support Paramore and thats what its all about ;D

Pressure was the first song i heard too. Its still my favorite song by Paramore. haha for me maybe since day one plus a few months. And i think the new fans have to be more diehard than us to even get anywhere close to them (To meet them)

Thats why I rarely post anymore.

But yeah, something about early Paramore...I think for me it's cos it was that stage of development in my life where you learn who you are, and they were a band in a similar place both musically and personally. It was exciting! Plus every vid from warped 2006 just takes me back to that summer!

Yeah it sure looks like no i knew quite well is still on here. Either than or they are lurkers.

Seems like some new fans who feel like they have a sense of entitlement have scared some of us old fellas away

Totally agree with you on them having an impact on your life. I had the same feeling about it back then. Growing with a band. I guess they outgrew us?

Ren

hi my name is jarrod church.

i helped ren write "the paramores, seasons 1 and 2" but he was the mastermind, and then i delivered the beast of a script to paramore in providence, rhode island september, 2006. that venue is now closed.

ren and i go way back. as many people on here can attest to. i havent spoken to him in a long time but will always consider him a great friend who was always there for me. we had some good laughs and sparked alot of good shit on these boards for a while.

anyways, this thread made me grin. the only reason i came on here was to post my top albums list for the year. im glad i did.

hi my name is jarrod church.

i helped ren write "the paramores, seasons 1 and 2" but he was the mastermind, and then i delivered the beast of a script to paramore in providence, rhode island september, 2006. that venue is now closed.

ren and i go way back. as many people on here can attest to. i havent spoken to him in a long time but will always consider him a great friend who was always there for me. we had some good laughs and sparked alot of good shit on these boards for a while.

anyways, this thread made me grin. the only reason i came on here was to post my top albums list for the year. im glad i did.

FINALLY an OLD BRO!!! Its been too long man. How have things been? I noticed you got THE Girl, the one you had wanted for the longest time!

I dunno what happened between us man, i dont know why we stopped talking and all that.

thanks for coming and posting. Brings back some good times

Anyways hope its all sweet

Ren

do i count as one? ive never been to any of their shows since i dont live in the US but I got their AWKIF cd from a friend and i loved it ever since till they became really popular.

Totally!!! Just cause you werent part of the forums back then (another thing you might discover years after knowing of a band), doesnt mean you ain't old school. AWKIF is the prerequisite, and i know they didn't tour the Philippines back then (Im from Malaysia). Not everyone has the resources and/or time to go overseas to see them. So Don't worry, if reading my first post brings back memories, then you're alright :)

Ren

i really dont know how it began. obviously there was never any grudge. we just both faded away from this place and eachother i guess. nothing we or the band did. just grew up ya know. got caught up in our lives and what not. i graduated college. moved to oklahoma and now i run a music/entertainment store. its pretty awesome.

and yea, suzie and i. pf gave me the girl. everyone i have met on here has been 100% what they were on the boards. and thats why i know if we would have ever met in person we would of clicked mad fast man. and i bet that still holds true. im glad you came back and i happened to stumble back too =]

i really dont know how it began. obviously there was never any grudge. we just both faded away from this place and eachother i guess. nothing we or the band did. just grew up ya know. got caught up in our lives and what not. i graduated college. moved to oklahoma and now i run a music/entertainment store. its pretty awesome.

and yea, suzie and i. pf gave me the girl. everyone i have met on here has been 100% what they were on the boards. and thats why i know if we would have ever met in person we would of clicked mad fast man. and i bet that still holds true. im glad you came back and i happened to stumble back too =]

you're right man. I guess when i moved over to Canada i started to concentrate all my efforts into making it over here, and kinda had to figure shit out.

Thats cool though. I graduated and am looking for work. Only working part time now, but hooefully will get a new job after new years. you miss maine man? cool that you're running a store. Must be a gong show.

yeah man its good to have you back.

Ren

i still remember the times over here when my friend had to mail me awkif or import mags to get some infortmation or posters. good, that was not already back in 06 but fairly middle of 07. i really liked that paramore were quite unknown over here, i used to say "they are my baby, my music, no one else around me, only some people in whole germany know them." these were quite cool times. but now it kinda pisses me off that everyone knows them, the familiar feelings have kinda changed bc random little teens pass your way telling you that they know paramore wayyyyy better than you bc they are the twilight band and magazine xy said "blabla kiss my butt". thats at least how its over here now. kinda miss the old times.

i still remember the times over here when my friend had to mail me awkif or import mags to get some infortmation or posters. good, that was not already back in 06 but fairly middle of 07. i really liked that paramore were quite unknown over here, i used to say "they are my baby, my music, no one else around me, only some people in whole germany know them." these were quite cool times. but now it kinda pisses me off that everyone knows them, the familiar feelings have kinda changed bc random little teens pass your way telling you that they know paramore wayyyyy better than you bc they are the twilight band and magazine xy said "blabla kiss my butt". thats at least how its over here now. kinda miss the old times.

yeah it was like that back in 2007,when I first heard them.I mean I was saying ''this is my band and nobody knows them!''And that was making me happy..and I actually don't want other kids to know about my favorite bands.don't know am I being selfish or not but that's what I still want ...

yeah it was like that back in 2007,when I first heard them.I mean I was saying ''this is my band and nobody knows them!''And that was making me happy..and I actually don't want other kids to know about my favorite bands.don't know am I being selfish or not but that's what I still want ...

its the wish to be different i guess. we just dont wanna be like the average crowd of teens running after tokio hotel and liking hannah montana. the music is a way to express this and thats why it sucks so much when those bands, paramore in this case, get commercial pushed by the wrong persons and in the wrong ways, where i mean teen mag stories and rubbish tv reports with.

but the worst and where you really clearly see that is on the concerts i guess. when i imagine that i was supposed to see paramore in a small venue with 500 people last year, what sadly had been cancelled and now i saw them in a hall with 3000(!) people, where 70% where the "OOOOOOMGGGGGG AAAAHHHH HAYLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY KISSS MY CHHHHHHEEEEECCCCCK" teens were....just wanna mention that this gig was supposed to be in a small club when its been announced, then its been removed to a bigger club and then to the hall. sucking thing at all.

you're right man. I guess when i moved over to Canada i started to concentrate all my efforts into making it over here, and kinda had to figure shit out.

Thats cool though. I graduated and am looking for work. Only working part time now, but hooefully will get a new job after new years. you miss maine man? cool that you're running a store. Must be a gong show.

yeah man its good to have you back.

Ren

haha hell yea i miss maine. maybe moving to new york with suzie after she finishes up school here. thats the plan anyways. so ill be close to maine again. but yea, the store runs well. we do about 6 million a year mainly selling cds, vinyl, accessories, books, etc.

yea man figure your shit out and get some good experience. you got the degree. thats the first step. meet ppl and stuff, thats where the success lies i have found. =]