Tonight Alive

Knuuudi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Bringing this thread back cause I followed Ross' advice and went to see them play at Warped Tour on Wednesday and HOLY CRAP WERE THEY AMAZING!

Awesome songs, great musicians, and a spunky lead singer (sounds like another awesome band I know ;))! It rained for about two hours at Warped this year, but I stuck it out and am I ever glad I did. If I didn't see any other good bands that day, Tonight Alive still would've justified the $40 I spent on my ticket.

I absolutely plan on seeing them again when they come back to the States in the fall. :D

I almost went to Warped, and they were one of the bands I really wanted to see!

Some fashion website was talking about them, and I found out threw them that the band had "Breaking & Entering" as a free download at that time. I downloaded it and have been hooked ever since.

I was actually singing their cover of Little Lion Man in my had when I saw this thread, lol.

Ever since I started listening to them back at the end of 2010, I've just loved them. They've blown up and gotten huge since I started listening. I believe this band has the potential to be as big as Linkin Park or even Paramore. With their talent they deserve to be huge!

• 3 weeks later...

You should definitely go. They're one of the openers, but they're absolutely worth the $20, even if it's only a half hour set - plus I'm sure they'll be hanging out at their merch table. I'm going to the NY and Boston dates. I'm stoked!

• 2 weeks later...

Debit and credit cards work the same way. I ordered my tickets with my debit card... they just run it as credit instead of debit. :)

"Little Lion Man" is easily one of the best covers I've heard in the past few years. Glad you like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear you got your ticket! :) I'm pretty excited, both for the shows and also to hang out with friends at one of them.

I'm also curious as to what merch Tonight Alive will have and what songs they're going to play.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw TA on the 1st and 2nd, and they killed it both nights! I was incredibly impressed with Jenna's vocals, especially at the New York show. I couldn't tell if she was singing extra hard because the crowd was super into it or if it was cause not many kids were and she was trying to get them into it.

I went to the NYC show alone, so I hung out towards the back of the pit and sang along the whole time, and Jenna definitely smiled at me a few times cause I was one of the only people on that side of the crowd singing. I never think anything of stuff like that because, really, she could've been looking at anything or anyone, but the next night, after the Worcester show, I stopped by their merch table (Best Buy Theater wouldn't let them sign after the NY show which was lame) and mentioned that I was at the show the night before and Jen said, "Yeah, I remember you," with the most adorable smile on her face. That made my night. :) I also talked to Matty a little bit. He's pretty shy (they all were, really), but still an awesome dude!

Overall - incredible show from Tonight Alive! The other bands were good but not really my kind of music. Jenna said they were going to be back for another US tour in the spring. I plan on going to all the shows I have the money for cause they're great, and I love them. They have the potential to be really big, and I want to help them as much as I can. :)

I'm still kind of hoping that maybe they'll do a tour with Paramore. That would be a sick show!

PS - I'm officially in love with Jenna McDougall. <3 haha

I as well was really impressed with her vocals. The whole band impressed me really.

Jenna was the only one signing afterwards at the show that I went to, so I had her sign a couple of CDs and made small talk. What I loved was that she came out on stage and swore like a sailor but she was a complete sweetheart in person. I too will be seeing them again if they have a Spring tour. :)

I love that about Jenna too. On stage, she seems like she would kick anybody's ass if they looked at her wrong (except for the fact that half the time, she has the biggest smile on her face, lol), but when you actually talk to her, she's super sweet and polite. I try to be polite back cause I know it kind of bums her out when people don't say "please" and "thank you," which is really not too much to ask.

The fact that they're all really nice makes it a lot easier to support them. A lot of bands could learn a few things from bands like them and Paramore.

• 2 months later...

I'm frustrated right now because I don't think I will get to see them on their Spring tour.

They'll be in Tampa in March, but I won't be able to go unless I can get someone to drive me. 

Hopefully I can make it to Warped this summer to see them again.

That's a bummer. :( I'll be seeing them in Philly, Brooklyn, and Boston this spring. I got a lot of money for Christmas, and tickets were less than $20, so I thought why the hell not? I'll make sure I say hi for you. :)

I kind of go to Warped now regardless of whether or not there are any bands I want to see there, so I definitely plan on going again and seeing Tonight Alive. I haven't bought tickets yet, but I don't see that being a problem any time soon. I know a lot of people wouldn't be super keen on it, but how sweet would it be if Paramore played Warped this summer too? With my luck, they'd schedule TA and Paramore at the same time. They did that last time they played, except with There For Tomorrow, lol.

Here's Jen and me at Warped (haha, she really likes that We Are The Ocean shirt) and then again in Worcester last November. She really is such a sweetheart. I was gonna ask Matty for a photo too, but chickened out. He's also a really nice dude, very quiet but super friendly.

jenandme.jpg

finally gave them a listen yesterday and i was quite impressed

sort of reminds me of awkif and early versaemerge in a very good way

surprised i hadn't checked them out sooner because they've toured with a lot of bands that i love

They're really great live too. I had heard a couple songs and bought their album last March, but never got into them, but our other admin, Ross, kept talking about how awesome they were, so I stopped by their set at Warped Tour and was hooked! The guys, as a band, are super tight, and Jenna's stage presence is incredible. I was in love the second they started playing. :)