Tonight Alive

Knuuudi

• 5 weeks later...

I've met a lot of people in the music world down the (many) years I've been going to gigs - and I have to say Jenna McDougall is one of the most engaging, delightful, honest, refreshing and down to earth people I have ever had the pleasure of chatting to. Although band members don't have a responsibility to be role models, they have a tremendous opportunity to do so - and Jenna is a perfect example of how to go about it. I think she's a real credit to herself, her band, her family and her country. And that's without even beginning to mention Tonight Alive's music. More of the same please!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Jenna, I've heard she's been feeling a little down lately. Not sure why, but she's such a sweetheart and I hate seeing her like that. I'm planning on writing her note and giving it to her at the NYC show next Saturday. Maybe it'd be nice if a few people wrote her letters to cheer her up. If anyone's interested, I'll DM you my email address, you can send me a note, and I'll print them out before the show. :)

Also, I saw them on two of their opening dates for You Me At Six and they were better than I've ever seen them! I can't wait to see them at their first SOLD OUT American headliner. They've come a long way from playing for, maybe, 30 people at Warped Tour 2012 to now, and I'm pretty proud of them.

I guess it's easy to forget that Jenna is still only 21 and spends a lot of time a long way from home. Life in the world of music has so many plus points but the travelling and performances must take their toll. I certainly hope she comes through this spell and emerges on the other side (sorry, couldn't resist the pun!) happy and the same lovely, down to earth person that I met recently!

You're right about that. She always seems so mature for her age when I talk to her, so sometimes I forget that I'm seven years older than she is. I miss my sisters, brother, and mom, and they're only a couple hours away. I can't imagine being half a world away from them for the good part of a year. I've seen Jen bummed out after a show before, and she always bounces back to be the same sweet, positive person. If I can write her a letter and brighten her day the way her music often does for mine, I'm more than happy to do so. :)

• Like 1

On the basis that Jenna told me she had the Nessie (Loch Ness Monster!) soft toy I gave her last month (the latest in a growing collection!) in her bag on tour in America, I wonder what she does with all the gifts she receives from fans on her travels. What's the most unusual, anything embarrassing, etc - that sort of thing! Good luck with the interview - I wonder if she will remember me!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, and how about that interview I did with Jenna that I TOTALLY forgot to post the link to here? It was too dark for video, but she was more than happy to sit and chat for a while (she even tried to find a light enough place to film video for a good five minutes, but alas, Webster Hall has horrible lighting, lol).Check it out!

http://paramorefans.com/the-fans/band-to-watch/band-to-watch-interview-tonight-alive/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...