Tonight Alive

Knuuudi

Hahaha! YES! This thread pleases me highly. Most of all because it shows people actually listen to me! :P

I met Jenna last January and she was very sweet. We've tweeted each other a bunch of times since then and she even guestlisted me when a show was sold out.

I went to see them towards the end of the year in England and venue was that small i was literally just about on the stage. During "My Favourite Thing" she came over, looked me right in the eye, pointed and sang "still it's a chance that i'm willing to take for you" in which i pointed back and we smiled at each other.

My heart is melting just thinking about it!

• Like 1

Haha, I'm so glad I listened to you, Ross. Best decision ever!! :)

Also, can we talk about how hilarious Jenna and Whak's faces are at 4:23 in this video when the guy from Kerrang! asks them about hail stones, and they have no idea what he's talking about? Jenna's eye just kind of glaze over.  :rotfl:

(And also how Jenna's so cute I almost fell off my chair. ;) )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's everybody think of "Breakdown"? I personally have had a mix of this song and "Still Into You" stuck in my head since the middle of the week, haha. I can't wait to see them next month!

The only think I'm bummed about is the amount of "fans" making fun of them for having Benji Madden on the track. They got to work with an artist who obviously inspired them when they were younger, and I think that's all that really matters. I guess Joel and Benji are a bit more present in Australian media (they've dropped off the face of the Earth in America), so they're deemed "sell outs"? Sucks that Jenna had to write a blog defending their choice to write a song with Benji though. They were so excited to share this track with everyone and when they finally did, people bitched about it. :/ Seems like they're getting positive feedback from fans in the US on the Suppy Nation Tour though, and that makes me happy.

They've even had to go so far as to assure fans that this song won't be on the new album, it's just a song that they wrote and wanted to release. :???: I also really like it and it's catchy as hell.

Music snobbery has reached an all-time high lately, and I can't stand it.

I really like it! I've played the music video several times now.

And I don't get why people would be so upset about Benji. Good Charlotte was one of those bands that I grew up listening to. I know they were really popular for some time, so I assumed that a lot of people listened to them...? 

I feel like anything any band does anymore gets negative attention.  :nono:

• Like 1

They've even had to go so far as to assure fans that this song won't be on the new album, it's just a song that they wrote and wanted to release. :???: I also really like it and it's catchy as hell.

Music snobbery has reached an all-time high lately, and I can't stand it.

seriously

do they really not understand that music taste is subjective and people are going to like what they like regardless of your negative ass opinion on it

no artist is better than another, no genre is better than another, and no person is better than another because of their taste

i also don't understand what benji would have done to make him a sell out....?

whatev man it's a good song

• Like 1

no artist is better than another, no genre is better than another, and no person is better than another because of their taste

Amen!

Not sure what (if anything) Benji did that would make people call him a sell out. I do know how loud I'm going to sing this song in a few weeks though. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, grew up with Good Charlotte and was absolutely stoked (am i getting good at American word-use yet? ;)) that Benji was on the song! 

They've dropped off the face of the earth over here in the UK as well so it was a surprise to see him pop up out of nowhere!

I went to see Tonight Alive a couple of months ago at the Kerrang! tour and after their set i went to the merch desk to buy a shirt. It was pretty crowded and i was miffed as to why it was so busy, then suddenly i spotted Jenna was hanging about and that was why! So i decided to quietly hang about until the crowd dispersed a little and then speak to her. So the person in front of me moved and Jenna was speaking to someone trying to sort their camera, she turned her head round, saw me, smiled and gave me this massive hug. She said "hey man, how you doing?". I couldn't really believe she had remembered me haha. I guess we speak on Twitter that much! So i said i was good and asked how she was, and asked how the tour was going. Her manager was there at the time and said no more photo's but i asked her "can we get a quick photo?" and she said "Of course man!" and i got a photo with her. I spent about 5-10 minutes chatting to her while everyone waited ( i felt so bad haha). So i then said "I'll let you get back to your crowd" and she laughed, gave me another hug and said "it was good to see you dude, take care".

I remember my eyes being all watery after it haha, it was really nice. 

Here is said photo. :)

282719_10151478406030993_546005350_n.jpg

I love hearing that story, Ross. I get more excited to see Jenna again every time, haha.

Just about a week and then I'll be seeing them three times. It's gonna be such a good weekend. They're all gonna say "Go home, Chriss!!" lol

(Nice usage of "stoked" there, haha. You're mastering American slang well. :P )

Haha, I was thinking about it already cause of that comment. I already told her I knew you back at Warped Tour and she acknowledged it... but she hadn't call you a whore yet. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Tonight Alive twice this weekend and was lucky enough to meet them all after the show. I talked the most with Jenna and Cam on Sunday in Brooklyn and I was really blown away by how easy they were to get along with and speak to about pretty much anything!

Without going into detail, we talked a lot about touring and their progress in the States, and I pretty much decided that night that I want to help get the word out about their band in any way that I can. They are an amazing band and incredible people, and they deserve to be able to headline over here. I want to see them perform "Let It Land" and "My Favourite Thing," and never again do I want to have to see Jenna apologize to the crowd, as an opener on a heavier tour, letting them know that "Breakdown" is the poppiest song in their set. Maybe I'm dreaming a little too big, but I at least want to try.

With all that said, the biggest way I have to get the word out about them is through ParamoreFans, so Tonight Alive is now PF.com's new Band To Watch (we're doing away with Band of the Month for now cause we never update it, lol). They have a feature on the main site, which you can check out here: http://paramorefans.com/band-to-watch/

I'm gonna pin this post and hope that helps to get it some more attention cause I really think that anyone on these boards would love their music. Tell all your friends! :)

I definitely understand. I was starting to feel a little bummed out and hopeless about my life this summer, and they showed up at just the right time to wake me up and bring me out of it (a feat that, prior to this, had only been achieved by Paramore... although Paramore brought me out of something much worse). This weekend, I also got to know them a little more as people, rather than just the music I listen to, and that kind of sparked me wanting to help them for helping me. :)

• Like 1

Hahaha! My friend Kyle was taking the photo and decided to yell, "Pretend like you don't know each other!!" I made a face, but didn't hold it long enough, so I look like I enjoy this "stranger" putting her arm around my shoulder, haha. Kyle and our friend Shannon said the more time it took Kyle to take the photo, the funnier Jenna's face got.  :rotfl:

The photo, for anyone who's now intrigued. :P

81ec5876a01b11e285a622000a1f9e5b_7.jpg

• Like 1