Why there isn't any competition?

Say, there isn't any action, in this board for these days. People are starting to get bored of this board. They just replying to threads from off-topic. I think if the moderators start to some competitions (about are people know pmore too much?, photoshop, hayley,zac,jeremy,josh,taylor etc.), people will start to being interested to paramore threads or different from off-topic, games...

I mean if there is some activitys about different things that people interesting, this board will be the best. :willy_nilly:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we could probably add some cool modifications to the board to make things interesting, and relate them to Paramore, probably. There are an unbelieveable amount of changes that could be done to the board itself to spark activity. Of course, we don't want people to be post count obsessive, because it is merely a number, so I don't want to say I'm suggesting we find ways for people to just raise their post count in meaningless off topic threads, but simply give incentives for participating on the board itself, not just forum posting.

My company doesn't work with vBulletin, so I don't know what specifics there are for doing this, but I work with other forum software that I know there are many fun ways to make things lively and more interesting.

But on the other hand, it is downtime for Paramore, so not much has been happening lately. I'm sure once the band announces a tour, or hits the road, things will pick up more, as interest grows.

Maybe other members have some ideas we could toss around and see what we can do. I'm sure out of all of us, there has to be some creative minds! :)

Well we could probably add some cool modifications to the board to make things interesting, and relate them to Paramore, probably. There are an unbelieveable amount of changes that could be done to the board itself to spark activity. Of course, we don't want people to be post count obsessive, because it is merely a number, so I don't want to say I'm suggesting we find ways for people to just raise their post count in meaningless off topic threads, but simply give incentives for participating on the board itself, not just forum posting.

My company doesn't work with vBulletin, so I don't know what specifics there are for doing this, but I work with other forum software that I know there are many fun ways to make things lively and more interesting.

But on the other hand, it is downtime for Paramore, so not much has been happening lately. I'm sure once the band announces a tour, or hits the road, things will pick up more, as interest grows.

Maybe other members have some ideas we could toss around and see what we can do. I'm sure out of all of us, there has to be some creative minds! :)

Right! If everybody says what they think about make this board funny and lively, mods can find some remedy to that and this site can be better. Has anyone some ideas about this then? :)

I think we need a "what have you done in the last 5 minutes?" thread....lol ;-)

nah, i think thats too familiar with these "what are you..." threads which have just been moved into the games area as we all know because they dont have any serious backround. on top of that we already have a "what are you up to?" thread.

yeah i've been thinking we should have a contest soon. i'll ask ash and brent about it and maybe we can think of something for you guys :P

we'd have just have to figure out what the contest would be and what the prize would be.

Why not do graphics contests. With people competing against each other? Like they are given guidelines to stick to e.g. Poster advertising a band's live show. Something like that?

Or do a caption contest or something where someone posts random pictures and people have to come up with funny captions.

well the most recent contest we did was a graphic contest so i dont think it would be fair to everyone if we did another one just yet. eventually we probably will but we have to mix it up a little. :P

caption one sounds nice tho.

we'll see what ash and/or brent says

well the most recent contest we did was a graphic contest so i dont think it would be fair to everyone if we did another one just yet. eventually we probably will but we have to mix it up a little. :P

caption one sounds nice tho.

we'll see what ash and/or brent says

I didn't mean like an actual competition to win something, I mean as a general thing where people just take part for the fun of it.

Kind of like James' Football Predictions thread.

If i had my way id implement all these ideas of competitions and such, i have so many ideas id like for this forum to make it more interesting and to improve it, but Mods can only do so much. The admin has full power and they're hardly ever on

On top of what I said before, we could also start a referral program. I know there are referral modifications out there that you could add to the forums. And what it does is that it helps determine who refers the most people here. Consider it a contest. Whoever gets the most people to register, wins. It kills two birds with one stone. It is a competition, and it brings more people here, which causes an increase in activity.

Just an idea. It doesn't always work so flawlessly depending on how well people try or something, but I see it a lot on forums. Again, just an idea. Don't kill the messenger, just throwing things out there ;)