Why there isn't any competition?

im just saying the admins dont need to personally know members here.

Think about that sentence again. An admin who doesn't take the time to know who is using their forum? I don't think members would appreciate knowing that. I own a company devoted to online communities and forums, and if my customers had reason to believe that I didn't pay attention to them or take the time to get to know the people that love my community, they would not take it well, and go elsewhere. Or maybe you worded it wrong? Because I'm sure the admins care enough or else they wouldn't have started this website, right? So it may have just been the wrong sentence to say to explain what you were saying before.

Personal experiences wouldnt say so, but i'll leave that.

Agreed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course the admins care im just saying they don't need to POST to know what the members want. they read the posts and threads so find out what people want here.

all im saying is i just don't think another admin is necessary, thats all.

nothing personal.

i give up. lmao

of course the admins care im just saying they don't need to POST to know what the members want. they read the posts and threads so find out what people want here.

all im saying is i just don't think another admin is necessary, thats all.

nothing personal.

i give up. lmao

But if they don't post, it gives the impression they aren't around ;-) even if they might be :shifty:

I'm not saying we need super-active admins, posting all over the place. I imagine it'd be better if they weren't super-active (maybe me being prejudice I don't know). I'm just saying what it looks like to people.

I kind of like having the admins being more in the background too. They're here, and they know what's going on. All three (lol yes, we have three: Brent, Ash, and Hayley) have been on in the past few days. They just don't post very often.

Even more so than mods, the admins really have to have a neutral standpoint, and if they become too involved, you get people who think they're doing things for personal reasons rather than for the good of the boards. Out of personal experience, I'll say that I tried to be an active mod/admin at another, umm... Official Community *hint hint*, and I found that all of a sudden, the things I usually talked about were taken the completely wrong way because now I was higher up... and it wasn't even bad stuff. I was pretty bummed out to learn that I actually couldn't participate as much anymore, even though I wanted to. You have no idea how many times I've been blamed for stuff I didn't do (comments I didn't approve/delete, people I didn't ban) just because I was the one everybody knew. So it's kind of a double-edged sword. You want to help out but also participate, but sometimes things turn on you. Not saying you guys are anything like those kids, but I've seen it happen elsewhere as well, and it's no fun.

As far as competitions go, ones involving physical prizes are not something we can do all the time. Our last one was a few months ago, and Ash gave away a few signed magazines, but PF.com, while affiliated with the band in some ways, isn't an official site that has access to or the money for sweet, awesome prizes.

HOWEVER, anyone can start a contest that's just for fun. If you want to supervise it, go for it, and if you have an idea you want some help with, any of us mods would be willing to help out. :)

If there are any other add-ons you guys want, like maybe some updates in the arcade or seeing if we can fix the chat, either let the mods know here and we'll talk to the admins, or feel free to PM the admins on your own too (they don't bite, it's okay :P) cause for some strange reason, this section never gets highlighted when there are new posts.

Haha, sorry that was so freakin' long. I tried to get a response to four pages of posts into one post of my own without it being a novel. I only half succeeded. :P

So far, I've found out that the version of FlashChat software that's installed on the boards was one that made it really easy for people to hack into your system. I guess that's why it doesn't work anymore. I'll look into what version goes with our vBulletin software.

I don't normally check the main site, but I had an email from paramore.org saying they are closing down for good soon, and long story short I checked out paramore.org and then the main site here and it hasn't been updated in a while. Might be a thought, since there's a chance of new members coming in from paramore.org, to... I don't know, sounds cheeky to say it, but keep the site up-to-date?

Don't kill me :shifty:

Oh, I saw that, but I forgot about it. Is it something that's available on vBulletin? Cause that would be a great thing to add.

I'm pretty sure ap.net's forums run on vBulletin, yeah. I'll need to have a check and see if I can find out which exact version though.

yeah i asked about the chat too and they told me diego did that so they dont really know.

we can figure out. or maybe he can help? but idk whats going on with him tho so yeah hahahaha.

the chat was back for a little when he came back then it left again

I don't normally check the main site, but I had an email from paramore.org saying they are closing down for good soon, and long story short I checked out paramore.org and then the main site here and it hasn't been updated in a while. Might be a thought, since there's a chance of new members coming in from paramore.org, to... I don't know, sounds cheeky to say it, but keep the site up-to-date?

Don't kill me :shifty:

no I completely agree with that. :D