Any Rappers In Da House?

Just thought I'd ask. I myself am not a rapper lol. But I've been a distant admirer at it. Hell before I even went through a "rap phase" but that was when I was about 14 in my tupac and dr dre days :willy_nilly:

I never really had any love for it until recently, Oddly enough mr Jay Z kind of made it interesting for me. Now I won't just legit charge into a crowd of rappers and listen to any song I can get my hands on but my bias is kind of lowering these days...I always dissed rap as just being obnoxious and talking fast into the mic but I think I finally realize it's an art lol.

So, Any rappers here? How do you even rap? Like how do you even start?

I thought Asther Roth was a joke though...really! a joke I didn't think he was serious about rapping but I guess if he could do it anyone could. Guess you need an attitude for it? lol I don't even know.

Edit: I'm not going to be a rapper. Just curious is all. Why not ask the members here eh? the guys at the gnr forums would kill me.

i created a monster, cause nobody wants t see georgi no more they want jorgi i'm chopped liver, well if you want jorgi this is what i give ya, a little bit of a weed mixed with some hard liquor some vodka that'd jump start my heart better than a shock when i get shocked at the hospital by the doctor when i'm not cooperating when i'm rocking the table when-

wait what ?

haha, nah, i love "rap music" but i'm female, white and middle class, there is no way in hell anyone would take me seriously if i tried, let alone myself :lol:

I don't think people realise how much rap/hip-hop etc. I actually listen to just by looking at me since I look like the token goff. Even as I type this I'm listening to Timbaland. Hell, I'm the one that made the rap thread on here. Rap was the first music I really got into about 1998/99 then Jimmy Eat World and blink-182 changed my life those years and the next. I grew out of it about 2004 when it seemed really over diluted and terribly mainstream (moreso than before). But since about 2007, I've started to get back into it more and more. Loooooove it! :mrgreen:

If I could rap I'd be doing it all the time.

I used to beatbox constantly. I also used to free style rap at parties after a few drinks. Either I was decent at it because some people would gather around and listen, or I was just embarrassing but funny, so they listened. Most likely the latter, but eh, I enjoyed it anyway.

Like Ross, my appearance isn't exactly screaming hip hop, but I do listen to at least some hip hop once a week. I don't just listen to death metal:p

Now that I have the knowledge to use recording software properly and have a recording interface I might get bored eventually, borrow a mic off some guy I know and do some suburban hip hop, Australian style.

That would probably sound a bit weird to most Canadians and Americans I suppose, since I don't imagine Aussie hip hop is big there.

Or I could be a douche and just rap in an American accent.

I don't really like to admit it to my real life friends, but I do tend to write a few lyrics here and there (or just improvise) and just rap when no one is home.

Either way, I will eventually do a few hip hop songs, partly so I can fuck around with mixing hip hop for the first time (I'm used to mixing rock and metal really) and partly cos I've always wanted to this kind of thing for years but now I finally have the chance

I personnally enjoy rapping, my friends says I'm a pretty good freestyler. But the thing is, is that I don't listen to much rap, I enjoy it time to time, but the most rap I listen to is crunkcore stuff like BrokeNCYDE, Hollywood Undead and 3OH!3.

I'm thinking of calling myself Da Studderman as a rap name.

I don't think people realise how much rap/hip-hop etc. I actually listen to just by looking at me since I look like the token goff. Even as I type this I'm listening to Timbaland. Hell, I'm the one that made the rap thread on here. Rap was the first music I really got into about 1998/99 then Jimmy Eat World and blink-182 changed my life those years and the next. I grew out of it about 2004 when it seemed really over diluted and terribly mainstream (moreso than before). But since about 2007, I've started to get back into it more and more. Loooooove it! :mrgreen:

If I could rap I'd be doing it all the time.

what? lol

hah nice nice I thought I was going to be the center of jokes here for making this thread. I got scared! Thank god I made it here.

The reason why I appreciate rap now is because it's actually kinda hard for me...Like I had caption on on the tv when that jay z and alicia keys song was on and I COULD NOT follow him. It's a fucking tongue twister. That "Twista" guy must be GENIUS.

part in bold doesn't make sense, I don't get it :P

I don't see what's so confusing about it.

Well, I do. Firstly, apologies for forgetting the serial comma before "et cetera". Don't use them, at all, so I often over look then when using it. The confusing part was probably the period following it, which is actually the correct usage of et cetera.

I don't see what's so confusing about it.

Well, I do. Firstly, apologies for forgetting the serial comma before "et cetera". Don't use them, at all, so I often over look then when using it. The confusing part was probably the period following it, which is actually the correct usage of et cetera.

Fucking grammer nazi. I can't even understand your language! But I'm sure you're right about that period. That didn't make much sense to me either lol