BAYSIDE

benzzz

I really like bayside and some people might know that they had a car crash. Heres some news on it.

Bayside drummer John "Beatz" Holohan, 31, was killed in what was apparently a one-vehicle accident early October 31 while traveling on the Never Sleep Again tour with Victory Records labelmates Hawthorne Heights, Silverstein, and Aiden.

The tour had just finished an October 30 gig at Colorado's Boulder Theatre and was on its way to Magna, Utah's Great Salt Air for a Halloween show.

Bayside was driving through Cheyenne, Wyo., when its van skidded and flipped after hitting a patch of ice.

Bass player Nick Ghanbarian was seriously injured and remained hospitalized, as were some crew members, at press time. Bayside members Anthony Raneri and Jack O'Shea had been discharged from the hospital. The Never Sleep Again concerts scheduled for October 31 in Salt Lake City and November 1 in Boise, Idaho, have been canceled. The shows in Seattle and Portland may also be canceled or postponed.

The tour runs through December but it isn't known if Bayside will participate.

http://www.myspace.com/bayside

I read on absolutepunk.net that when they finally logged online and saw all the messages they had received from fans that it just meant the world to them. He even printed out pages to bring to the bassist in the hospital. Too much tragic things have happened lately, it's sad.

RIP John (I shouldn't have to post two RIP posts in a day :( )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I figure I might as well bump this since Paramore's playing with them this week...I love this band and I can't wait to see them on the 10th...which, unfortunately, is the date Paramore is NO LONGER on the tour. sigh. Still, it's good to see them carrying on and still making great music after the tragedy...

i love bayside

i loved john aswell. I was so shocked when i heard about the crash a few months ago. Its good to see theyre back up and touring so soon.

My friend lovessss them and met the a few months before, she cried her eyes out when she heard John was dead.

• 1 year later...

I read it in AP and I bawled. He was the funniest guy... I have a Bayside DVD that came with a Silverstien CD and he's in it and it makes me cry everytime I watch it. The re-release of "Discovering the Waterfront" has the DVD and It's after he died and Shane was like "The last conversation I had with John he told me that this was his favourite song." and I started crying.

• 4 months later...