The Ladies' Thread

Catie

you should privately ask her about it. i don't really know. thats what i would do.

speaking of friends. i think my two best friends steal their parents' medicine and pop pills. and it makes me scared to say something because i know they'll get mad at me for it and think it's no big deal and i'm being annoying

I think one of my best friends is cutting herself. It makes me really worried, and angry. I'm not completely sure though, but today at school, she had the arm on her hoodie up. And all of a sudden I saw a lot of bloody strokes around the elbow. I don't think she knew she had it that far up, cause when I said(without thinking): 'wow, what happened to you?', she ignored it, but took the arm of the hoodie down right away. I just really hope she doesn't do it. One of my other friends did it a few years ago, it got so bad she had to stay at the psychological department of the hospital for a while. I have no idea what to do. Help anyone?

hmm i would do as catie said, ask her about it in private and maybe let her know that if she needs someone to talk to you're there?

double post, sorry.

i was right. she is cutting herself. she went to the school nurse today, and told me later why. she's going to a psychologist next week, so hopefully she'll get help. when i asked her what had happened, and why she did it, she said: 'i honestly don't know. that's the reason i'm going to the psychologist, to find out why and fix it. it's gotten kind of addictive. i didn't even know that could happen'. it really scares me that she's gotten addicted to it. for some reason, i feel kind of guilty. i don't even know why, but i just do. me and a friend is gonna do everything we can to help her now.

You dont have to feel guilty. And if you do it also gonna kill you inside. You could know why she did and why she wasnt doing it. And it wasnt about you didnt saw it or didnt saw hints. People are going there best just to be normal and dont let other people see that they are doing it. And you saw it now, and you wanna help her. And you will always be there for her now especially you know this. So you dont have to feel guilty. You are a great friend to her.

Mind as well join the conversation.

I don't care what people do. As long as they aren't annoying or angering me, I'll let them do whatever the fuck they want.

I've been cutting for one and a half years. My best friend has been cutting for just about the same amount of time. The funny thing is, the only reason I befriended her was because she knew what was going on (afterward I found out that she's one kickass person, but that's besides the fact).

I definitely get worried about her, as she worries about me. But we trust each other.

I am in no way saying it's good to stay quiet about this. I would just talk to them. If they want to go tell someone, they can. That's an extremely good thing to do.

I didn't know why I was doing it at first too, but then I too started getting addicted to it. I've seen a psychologist 2-3 times, because people have found out about it and told her. I wouldn't have went there by my own will. That bitch tells every teacher in the school about it. Student-psychologist confidentiality my ass. Anyways, sometimes it's better to reflect on it yourself, think about why, how it makes you feel and if your ready to stop. Then, if needed, it's good to go to a psychologist to figure some things out. It's also good to join online communities for self injury and eating disorders, the like. RecoverYouLife.com is a good one.

Cutting can fuck up your life. There will be scars, and it's nothing someone should get into. But it's almost unavoidable if you have depression, stress or anxiety issues, body dis-morphia disorder, bipolar or any other mental illness. It also comes from an inability to communicate with someone well enough, a feeling of being trapped in your own mind. It's not pleasant.

My self injury has been getting a lot better, as I've taken up creative writing. It's a far better outlet, but I'm not completely well yet.

If anyone has any questions about depression or self injury, or need to talk, just pm me.

• 3 weeks later...

Uuugghh. This is getting so frustrated.

My boyfriend is being totally cute, honest & everything when we are together.

But we aren't together, he isn't the same.

he isn't thinking about my feelings, and just says what ever he wants even if it hurts me.

And if I ask why he is being like this? He never gives me a normal answer.

Only that I always search a problem and need to take as it is.

He just doesnt fucking understand that he makes me confused.

Im now at this point, that I don't want to be with him anymore, but I also can't live without him.

that sucks marjanne. :( i know exactly how you feel because i'm in the same situation with some other people in my life. not in the way as you are with a boyfriend, but also with some i love.

the hard point about this really is that you can't talk to them. they never reckon that they also make mistakes or have to take a part of the fault.

i wish i'd figure a solution for this out...

hehe what do you want to know?

Well I've been talking to him for a little over a month now. I just never wanted to jinx it so I hardly mentioned it. but yeah haha hes so funny and cute. we've basically been together for a while now but today he actually asked me out lol. I was completely caught off guard. I was not expecting that at all.

Uuugghh. This is getting so frustrated.

My boyfriend is being totally cute, honest & everything when we are together.

But we aren't together, he isn't the same.

he isn't thinking about my feelings, and just says what ever he wants even if it hurts me.

And if I ask why he is being like this? He never gives me a normal answer.

Only that I always search a problem and need to take as it is.

He just doesnt fucking understand that he makes me confused.

Im now at this point, that I don't want to be with him anymore, but I also can't live without him.

Get out of it now, run and don't look back. It's not easy to let go, but for your sanity in the long term, it will be more than worth it.

Judging just from that small bit you've told us about him alone, he reeks of having some kind/s of personality disorder/s and a manipulative nature.

It's just not normal to turn on the cute, honest and funny thing on, and then just switch it off as one pleases and then turn into a callous asshole.

People like this

These are not things that rear their ugly heads immediately in a relationship unfortunately, but when they do, it's something that will take it's toll on both parties. Better they deal with that alone, then bring the both of you down.

I've had the fantastic luck of only ever having been in relationships where the girl has not had their head screwed on right and those past experiences have made me learn that a partner like that,severe emotional/personality problems and never bother to do anything about it, are just not worth the hassle.

I'm curious............does he ever sometimes see things in a completely black and white nature?

What I mean by that, let's say, good and evil, completely contrasting things.

So let's say, you do something nice, he thinks you're really great, a fantastic person or when you do something he doesn't like, he hates you, thinks you're evil, a bad person etc, and nothing in between.

Is he like that sometimes?

hehe what do you want to know?

Well I've been talking to him for a little over a month now. I just never wanted to jinx it so I hardly mentioned it. but yeah haha hes so funny and cute. we've basically been together for a while now but today he actually asked me out lol. I was completely caught off guard. I was not expecting that at all.

Yeah, but every guy a girl goes out with/girl a guy goes out with is "Funny and cute" :razz:

Every girl I've been with has told me I'm funny, cute and caring lol.

Congrats though, it's good news for sure :D

Harry, He is the one who see the most times grey in situations.

I am the person who only things can be good or bad and nothing in between.

But we talked yesterday about, because I said something to him what bugs me and he was being an complete dushbag about.

And when he came later, he said he understood it. And he would try better.

But I said to him also first I wanna see, then I believe.

And if it doesn't change, I think i will/need to leave him because it will break me in two.

Even that I love him so much! But thankyou Harry :hug:

And people there is also something else i want to let lose, a kind of rant about myself?

And I don't know if people here have the same? But there are alot of things that i want.

But i never have to balls to do them, because im scared it would look stupid, people arround me doesnt like it and stuff.

I wish i had the balls to do these things:

To cut my hair.

To die my hair red.

To take the piercings I want/like.

To take a tattoo or two.

To make these decisions who could change my life in a good way!

What is not to like about you Catie? (:

It will be okay! :D

I Really want my hair red like the color of hayleys hair in my ava.

But I don' dare it because im scared it will ruin my hair.

My mom certainly doesnt gonna like it. Because she dislikes red very much as a hair colour.

And im scared it doesn't suit me or something :/

Or people think im a fayley? :'D