The Ladies' Thread

Catie

girl i am so with you

i even refuse to buy new clothes until i lose weight and my dad thinks i'm completely ridiculous for it

he even told me if i want to go out in public with him i need new clothes

yeah, not until i look good in them bro

yeah i completely agree about the clothes thing.

That's how I was. I seriously just bought a ton of really cute winter clothes last night in a smaller size so that I have motivation to get into shape.

Hahaha.

i used to always ask for clothes that were a bit small for christmas for motivation and it never worked

i just ended up with a bunch of clothes i never wore and no longer liked

so i outright refuse until i'm actually the size i want to be

No, it's definitely not just a girl thing, but anyway, here's a post I hope people will read and may learn some interesting stuff in the process.

There are the ripped, ectomorph (an ectomorph being someone with s small bone structure, naturally skinny) types that need to eat quite large amounts of food to put on any weight at all.

To use an example you'd probably all know, think Taylor Lautner. People with this body type are genetically geared towards being superior for endurance sports (stuff like marathons), but they are not naturally muscular and strong.

When the time comes for them to want to put on muscle, provided they eat A LOT (do to their rather fast metabolism), they are quite lucky because they don't have to worry about putting on much fat in the bulking process and they can also gain muscle somewhat easily. More examples are Brad Pitt and body builder Frank Zane.

There is the mesomorph. Google the names Mariusz Pudzianowski, Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler and Usain Bolt for prime examples.

Naturally very muscular and their high levels of explosive strength mean they are also the guys that excel at sports like sprinting.

Not so great at endurance sports though.

Then there is the endomorph. The woman you see that weighs 400 pounds at the age of 20 struggling to get her ass in the car because she's out of breath to get to the nearest MacDonalds or Burger...........yep, that's the endomorph all right.

However, this kind of body can be well suited for some sports (Olympic lifting, power lifting)

Now, you gotta know that not everyone is just one of these 3 extremes, it's not that simple.

All sorts of stuff in between these 3.

I myself happen to have the "Skinny-fat" physique. I'm 100 per cent certain some of you girls on this forum are also skinny-fatsters too.

Don't take any offense to this, it's just a description.

Small bone structure (in my case, 6.5 inch wrists), but I take off my shirt and then people lol at me or say "Are you pregnant or something dude?" because I have a gut.

People have also told me there isn't much wrong with my body, but before I started working out, I really really hated it. My body has never been a barrier to plenty of girls having liked me, but personally, I just really hated it before I started working out. Thin, weak as piss and a gut, ughh.

Even now, I still don't really like it heaps, but it's better than what it was.

This is about as shitty as it gets. People with this body type are more likely to suffer from anxiety problems because our endocrine systems run into overdrive and can produce cortisol (the "stress" hormone) too easily.

I know Kayla has anxiety disorder, so maybe you have that body type Kayla, I don't know. I also have suffered from anxiety problems for a great deal of my life, and it really surprised me to learn a few weeks ago that my genetics played a larger role in it than I believed.

I hate it, because I can get stressed out over little things most people just forget about and move on from about 0.1 of a second later.

I know I have naturally mediocre physical genetics. I could never ever compete in the Olypmic games no matter how hard I train.

But I don't let it discourage me, and I've been working on changing my physique.

I can post a bit more later, but I'll leave this here to let it sink in and hopefully now some of you girls now have a bit more knowledge and may be able to set yourselves more realistic expectations with what you can achieve in regards to physique change and not be so hard on yourselves.

what really sucks is that i'm realllly short (5 ft) so even if i'm not "fat" by standards, i look it cause everything is just squished in a small area lol.

YES

YES

YES

seriously

if i was taller i'd be like the perfect weight and whatnot

but it has nowhere to go!

except my damn stomach and tits :evil:

I think pretty much every girl(and most likely a lot of guys as well) have looked themselves in the mirrror, and just thought "wow, i'm fat."

I've been called fat before, but considering I probably weigh around 57kg and I'm 5'2, I wouldn't call myself fat. It's really not a matter what other thinks anyway. It your body, if you're not happy with how you look, no one should tear you down if you want to do something about it, or if you don't want to. They can say 'you're not fat' or 'you are fat' all they want, but ultimately it all comes down to whether or not you feel comfortable in your own body.

I thought waketheearth was watchthesky this whole time.

Not that it's so much "wtf" because she prolly has her share of creepers but idk.

Why are all the chicks in the twilight movies right hot? Wheres all the fat chicks and deformed chicks? They need some camera tiem as well.

• 10 months later...