The Only Exception (Official Video) online!

lucasrebmann

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ready for my rant? I haven't posted in a while, so this is my big opening ;-) I kid.

I like the video! I mean sure, I'd rather it be more focused on the BAND and not just Hayley, I don't think they mind. I mean Brandon shot the vid, so if they really cared they would have said something because they're close with brandon, and they would have changed it. But yes, I would rather see more of the guys.

As in Paramroe being a band in general and Hayley getting most of the attention. If you look on this site even, most avas and sigs are of Hayley. For me, my ava is Hayley because we as the fans have a closer relationship with her, because we get to talk to her on LJ. The guys don't post anymore and whne they do, they don't stick around to reply to the comments. So that's why Hayley's my ava, she's more personal and I really look up to that. However, I don't want her going solo. I love the BAND I probably wouldn't buy a Hayley Williams CD...well maybe I would but it wouldn't hold a light to a Paramore CD.

The thing I love about htis vid is it has aperformance and a story. I like BBBB but it was a little too cheesy, and wayyy too much Hayley. The other thing--why didn't they use Chad as the guy? Just made me thing haha.

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, but it's cold and I don't feel like gong back to change them all. Sorry if your OCD, you'll getover it ;-)

The thing I love about htis vid is it has aperformance and a story. I like BBBB but it was a little too cheesy, and wayyy too much Hayley. The other thing--why didn't they use Chad as the guy? Just made me thing haha.

tbh, i'd prefer they didn't use Chad. maybe because it might be a bit too personal. i dunno though.

okay so i love the video. this i one of my favorite songs by them an di think it was perfect.

the only complaint i have is the obvious one, its The Hayley Show. and yea this is a video where it should center around her but it just bugs me because there past three videos are all Hayley.

they need to picka song for a video where its not going to or supposed to be all about her.

tbh, i'd prefer they didn't use Chad. maybe because it might be a bit too personal. i dunno though.

Same here. By the way that guy is doin nothing, just sleepin or jumpin or something. What would be the difference? We just would can see Chad about 6-7 seconds.

for those who have the Hayley show theory

hey guys thanks for all the support and the nice comments.

to clear things up for the guys in the band: i came up with this treatment with brandon (director, friend) and we all knew that it was going to be more personal to me than anyone else. the dudes don't feel run over, nor do they really even care that i'm in every shot and they're not. it's our favorite video that we've ever done.

source : absolutêpunk

hope it will be enough to make you stop looking for drama when there is not

okay so i love the video. this i one of my favorite songs by them an di think it was perfect.

the only complaint i have is the obvious one, its The Hayley Show. and yea this is a video where it should center around her but it just bugs me because there past three videos are all Hayley.

they need to picka song for a video where its not going to or supposed to be all about her.

unfortunately pretty much every song on the record is the hayley show

for those who have the Hayley show theory

hey guys thanks for all the support and the nice comments.

to clear things up for the guys in the band: i came up with this treatment with brandon (director, friend) and we all knew that it was going to be more personal to me than anyone else. the dudes don't feel run over, nor do they really even care that i'm in every shot and they're not. it's our favorite video that we've ever done.

source : absolutêpunk

hope it will be enough to make you stop looking for drama when there is not

I've been looking for this quote cause I read it a few days ago and forgot where I saw it, so thanks.

I know some fans care a lot that the guys aren't really featured in the video, but the guys don't care nearly as much. I even had a friend who asked Josh at a meet and greet last summer, "Josh, why so quiet? Why don't you talk more during interviews and hang out online?" and he responded, "I don't know... I really just want to play music."

This is not "Don't Speak," where the guys want to be included and aren't. Although, I think Jeremy and maybe Taylor could have some fun in videos, they really just want to play.

Don't worry, Dustin (aka Bitter) and I already discussed their next music video... a follow up to their last Taco Bell video with some reworked lyrics: "All I Wanted (Was Food)." lol :P

Who cares if it's the Hayley show? She sings, the others play instruments....enough said.

Because she makes a big deal and says they are a band and it's not "Hayley and some guys who play instruments".

Personally I think for this video it makes sense to be Hayley orientated, but not the other recent ones.

I've always really enjoyed all of their videos, but The Only Exception is the first one I really love. I know Brandon said he'd be "super-proud" if it turns out to be the only music video he ever does, but I know it won't be. The man is amazing, and I hope he'll direct the next video as well, whichever that will be.

Yet SHE'S the one always wearing the "Paramore is a band" t shirts, furthering the attention on her. haha.

well thats not really her fault is it?

in my opinion i LOVE this video,mostly due to the fact its one of my favorite songs ever but still...

and i remember an interview with hayley and josh and there was a part where josh said that"he'd never want the attention hayley gets and just wants to play music and that hayley has it worse than the guys"so really she's doing them a favor.

anyways its not like hayley just goes around looking for attention she just gets it since shes the lead singer and obviously she'd be the lead in this,its one of her favorite songs she wrote.

well that's my opnion:D